when long distance relationships turn to real love

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by hornyscot, Jul 8, 2011.

1. hornyscot

hornyscot New Member

I recently embarked on a ldr with my gf, this has turned to real and absolute love for us both. distance apart there are other problems and obstacles for us to overcome but we have decided that it is more than worthwhile making the effort to do so. we open each others minds up to all sexual experiences and related matters, and sex with her is an amazing experience as we are both so willing to try anything with each other. our willingness to please each other knows no bounds and long may that continue.
    i would appreciate the views of others on this subject and know if they have experinced similar or if the relationships were a success. i am 100% certain of our feelings for each other and that we will make this work for us.

2. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Have you actually met this girl or you guys were dating and she moved?

Sorry to say but either way LDRs are hard to hold on to especially for a long time.

3. hornyscot

hornyscot New Member

yes we have met twice now and have arranged further meetings, the next time being in less than two weeks, and every two weeks thereafter. we really are very much in love, the distance isnt our major obstacle, that is the least of the issues we have to overcome. i do hope you are wrong in this instance and that my lover and i can have not only a ldr but a very long term one. thank you for your intrest.

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

I know of people that married after ldr's so, don't feel like it can't work.

5. hornyscot

hornyscot New Member

thank you, i feel we are doing really well at overcoming our hurdles right now, yes if she were free i would marry her tomorrow.

6. Slevinish

Slevinish New Member

I fell madly in love with a girl in Australia. then she turned around and decided a "REAL" boyfriend was more fun. and pretended like we weren't something and kept talking to me like it was nothing.

it was fucking cold.

Sadly I am still in love with that girl. it ruins every day for me. when I finally get over her. never again will I let someone that far into my heart.

7. BubblyMagee

BubblyMagee New Member

It can absolutely work! I met my husband several years ago, back in the Yahoo Chat days. We were both in disastrous relationships at the time, and needed friendship, and another to talk and share our thoughts and feelings with. Several months into our friendship, we realized that we had fallen deeply in love. Fast forward 5 yrs later... Problem??? He was in Ireland and I in the US. When his girlfriend finally found out about us...we broke it off. It was the most painful thing I had gone through to that point in my life, so I knew the relationship was every bit real, and deep. 18 months went by without contact...until I messaged him a simple, "Merry Christmas". From that moment, we were back in contact on an everyday basis, we finally arranged to meet for the first time in August and spent a week together in bliss. Then we both went back to our respective lives to 'button' things up, so to speak. We knew that we belonged together and made preparations to start our life together. He sold all of his belongings, made arrangements to retire from the military...and I left my partner and all the drama that entails. My Irish came to visit for a month at Christmas, and I made a trip to Ireland at Easter. He came back with me and we were married within a month. He was then and remains to this day, my soulmate. True story. sigh. It can work when you're determined and sure.

8. minskminx

Gold Member

I am not in a long distance relationship but perhaps it is a medium distance relationship!

He lives about three hours away.

The feeling I get when I meet him again at the weekend is amazing. And the sadness when he has to leave. Those extreme emotions, I hope, bind us together more for the future. Maybe more if we saw each other every day or lived together.

I have not seen him for two weeks and won't see him for another week because of one or two things but we are going on holiday for a week and I will be staying with him for another week after that. It will be the longest we have been together, so I hope everything goes well, I'm sure it will.

The most important thing is that you love the right person, nothing else matters and can be endured to keep your love alive. Good luck.

9. HotForHoney

Gold Member

{old thread}