Whats your workout routine?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dog_E_Ryder, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Ok a lot of us i'm sure are into the fitness lifestlye so whats your routine?

I was lifting some free weights every other nite, curl bar and 35lb dumb bell combo lifts for about 30 minutes
    Then on the between weight nights was doing 3 minute heavy bag boxing drills for 15 to 20 minutes
    This seemed to be maintaining, but I need to drop some weight. Tried to keep calories under 3000 daily.

so..I went back to my extreme workout plan
    going back to the Y again in the early morning 5 and 6 days a week. I started back up 2 miles on the treadmill
    and alternate HIT training on arms, chest, shoulders and abs on the machines and weight room every other day and legs and back and 2 mile tread on the in between days to separate muscle groups. I still do my heavy bag boxing drills every other evening. Cut down to 2500 calories. Weighing in at 298 right now, my target is 250 lb.

I used this routine a few years ago, to get back to my norm a rock solid 250 Lbs., after 9 months I was ripped pretty good and reached my objective.

Tell us your routines. :)

2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Run upstairs when my son yells from his bed.

3. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

Before my injury and surgey I went the gym 6 day a week. Mainly I took classes, Zumba, Cardio kick boxing, boot camp conditioning, spinning.
    Occasionally I used the machine 40 minutes of cardio and some weight machines. Hopefully by the fall I can get back into this again.
    I want to take yoga too, and body zone conditioning.
    Right now I am limited. I just started using the gym again. I can do some cardio and a few leg machines.
    I will get personal training in the fall too to help with my shoulder.

whybother and Dog_E_Ryder like this.
  4. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

I know, you had a pretty intensive workout program going on sexxxy. Your gorgeous body shows it as well. ;) You will get your routine back i;m sure, Hell, I'll cum up there and be your personal intensity trainer for you this fall. :p;)

5. BlueCollar

Gold Member

My job is pretty much physical. Sledgehammers, slate bars, shovels, jackhammers, heavy lifting and working on equipment. So that helps me a lot.
    I run 3-4 times a week with my pitbull for about 30 mins as well. Only in the warmer weather though. When it's freezing out both of us are like Fuck that. Haha.

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  6. Lou_x

Gold Member

have been hitting the gym a good fair bit and I feel great as a result, and I'm pleased of the results lucky to have a PT twice a week and I swim quite a bit now.

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  7. ginger

Gold Member

in to Triathlons, gym and cardio workouts, swim loads many miles a week helps keep me trim :)

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  8. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Yep that was me in my younger days, my work kept me fit, but I still worked out some , because like a lot of hard laborers you get your met set high. I was burning an easy 7000 cals a day so once I went to the office, i had to really pick up my workout and put a break on the intake.

BlueCollar likes this.
  9. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

yep working out releases huge amounts of endorphins,

10. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

yeah I miss my pool at the old house. :( I like to swim especially when I screw my back every now and then from over doing it. Plus I have a bad knee that acts up, the pool enabled me to do joint stress free cardio.

ginger likes this.
  11. Clintriprock

Gold Member

4 gym days. Mostly compound exercises, Deadlift, Squat, etc with some isolation stuff (curls, etc). 3 days surfing. Sex for cardio.

Dog_E_Ryder likes this.
  12. cutegirl19

Gold Member

My BF is a bodybuilder and trains me at the gym :)

whybother and Dog_E_Ryder like this.
  13. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

I enjoy yoga and Zumba plus I love weights and using my body weight as resistance. I loathe going to the gym and the tread mill. I enjoy walking and running as long as it's outside.
    I hope to start working out again soon as I get these stomach issues resolved.

14. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Sounds like you have a good routine down.I too prefer the outside trails over the tread, but time is factor in my days a lot of the time.

15. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

And safety, running on trials. I'm pretty near a major park but even with that.... I'd hate to have to break bad on someone's ass.

I can't do a single chin up or pull up and I hate that! That's my next goal.

BlueCollar likes this.
  16. BlueCollar

Gold Member

I'm actually one of those people that enjoy the treadmill. I just put on headphones and go to it. I'd like to get one for the home. Then I could just run and rock out without worrying if I look like a jackass or not :D

17. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

You see those people that trip over their own feet?? That's me, if I'm not tripping I'm worried about it. :) I do have an elliptical at home.

BlueCollar likes this.
  18. BlueCollar

Gold Member

Even when I was at my most fit I couldn't do pull ups very well. I have long arms so I'm at an immediate disadvantage. And.. They suck any way. Haha. There's always plenty of other exercises to do besides them.

19. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

It's just the fact that I can't, I have long arms as well.

BlueCollar likes this.
  20. BlueCollar

Gold Member

An elliptical would be fun to. Yeah I'm the guy that has Metallica going on the headphones but you'd never know it if looked at me. At home though,.... Let's just say if I were running on the tread and my oldest daughter and her friends saw me, she'd say "my dad's a total dork." Oh well. :)