What's your views on male virgins?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ejmcelfresh, Mar 25, 2014.

1. ejmcelfresh

Verified Gold Member

I am on another photo sharing community and this topic came up from another user. The replies ranged from discouraging to disgusting. One women there even made comments about the man being a "pathetic loser" and stating they're this way cuz they're ugly and fat and a handful of other colorful comments.

What are your views on virgin men?

Amature likes this.
  2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I personally don't care. It's an individual's decision.

3. Meee

Gold Member

Every man starts out as a virgin. I'm not seeing the problem.

4. HotForHoney

Gold Member

After a certain age I'd start to wonder WHY he was a virgin.

Was he playing video games 22 hours/day and no interest in women, religious reasons.
    How far has he gone/what type of experiences he's had? What type relationships has he had?

Are we talking an 18 year old? 22-25-35 year old?

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Fortunately this condition is curable; seek remedy from an expert ;)

Meee likes this.
  6. JonJo

Gold Member

I don't think about them; a man just is or isn't, sometimes its a matter of choice, sometimes it isn't.
    I use to be one - but I'm not now :)

7. JonJo

Gold Member

Thinking more about this seriously: There must be literally 100s of 1,000s of male virgins in the world and all from choice.
    Almost every religion has at least a section that asks for virginity from its priesthood, that is willingly given. These people do not deserve any kind of derogatory comment - except those that 'slip' but don't admit it, these deserve a different kind of comment.

Wonder if the posters that 'knocked' male virgins would have posted the same about female virgins?

8. shashtzoh

I think that if they are a virgin by choice like for religious reasons or they are just very shy it makes sense to be a virgin as long as they need to be. Sometimes we want people to all rush into things. Maybe not doing it too soon is good. Now if it is something that is because they are pathologically shy then I feel compassion for them. People who say mean things are just mean people.

9. ginger

Gold Member

send erm to H4H house ;)

JonJo and EnglishDad like this.
  10. backcheck64

Gold Member

For a guy under 20, you a weak, scared little boy. Over 20, you a weak, scared, pussy. You're defying nature. If you do it for religious reasons, you're a weak, scared, STUPID, pussy. These are my personal feelings so I don't want to hear a bunch of crap. You're not going to change my mind.

lbushwalker likes this.
  11. EnglishDad

Gold Member

LMAO!!

12. EnglishDad

Gold Member

I have no problems with guys being virgins ( Its up to each individual )
    Sometimes it can be because you have been brought up by parents who brainwash you into thinking sex is dirty.

If that is the case them perhaps a sexual therapist could help.

13. ejmcelfresh

Verified Gold Member

With me personally it's growing up with self esteem issues, never having a g/f stay with me long enough to even consider such a thing, and just becoming more and more socially paranoid. I'm trying to get over all of this but this is years of mental stress that I'm working through. Hopefully I'll be able to find some one that will have the patience with me that I need. To all of those who hate on males for being a virgin, I think you're very ignorant and double standards are a terrible thing to abide by. If this had been a women, giving up her virginity, she'd be called a slut for the most part, but guys are demonized for it. It's really disgusting IMO.

10_3XL likes this.
  14. ginger

Gold Member

ejmcelfresh..... before criticizing others "I think you're very ignorant and double standards are a terrible thing to abide by" remember you did invite everyone to express their views o_O

CaramelLady likes this.
  15. Meee

Gold Member

This is a thing that I see here commonly. A person asks a sexual question, but really the issue is something more general than sex. The question isn't virginity, it's self esteem, social paranoia, mental stress, and so on. Virginity is just a result, not a problem in itself.

I also find it interesting that the goal in these situations is almost always some sexual achievement such as losing one's virginity, not improving one's self esteem and other stress issues for the sake of overall health and happiness. Men are so goal-oriented, and the goal is always sex.

16. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Well for certain women the aim is money so it is a simple matter of matching goals!
    Dude get laid by a professional and everyone is happy :)

As for double standards this OP in another thread seems to suggest that touching up a woman "innocently" is acceptable behaviour.

Meee has once again identified the big picture;
    "The question isn't virginity, it's self esteem, social paranoia, mental stress, and so on".

BC64 has summarised it very well.

#16 lbushwalker, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  17. ejmcelfresh

Verified Gold Member

I can express my feelings towards some one else's opinions, or else there would be no point in an open forums like this. I never told him to shut up or stop expressing his feelings/opinions, I merely replied with my feelings on that. It's call discussion :)

Sex can be associated with any gender or person on any subject, read up on some freud ;)

my end goal with my life is to be financially secure enough that I can travel the world and explore it, take it all it has to offer. If sex happens, that's a good bonus!

18. backcheck64

Gold Member

I don't have a double standard, I wouldn't date a virgin. I've had 5, not worth the trouble. And I definitely wouldn't bother with a virgin in their 20s. If they are stunted sexually, there's a lot more baggage to go with that. And back when I was dating, if I didn't get it by the third date, there wasn't a fourth....except one, my wife, held out for almost two months....of course I had others on the side before we were exclusive.

19. CaramelLady

My view is it is none of my business...

Mikey22 and HotForHoney like this.