What's worse?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Frank Grimes, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

Do you think, in most people's mind, the stigma is worse for a guy to be a virgin or for a girl to be slutty? I did not lose my virginity at an early age by any means, but by the time I was 18 I was already trying to persuade people that I was not a virgin, and know a guy who is nearing 30 who I pretty well know to be a virgin, and he tries to hide it much the way a promiscuous woman would try to hide it. Experienced men, and virginal women, however never seem to have such qualms about their sexual histories.

Just curious what other people's views here are regarding this. I know it's pointless, just something else to try to spark conversation and gauge views of others.

2. Tson56

Tson56 New Member

Being a guy I think the "stigma" is worse for a guy thats over 18 and still a virgin. The
    "slutty" girl is known about,supposidly,but not talked about. Now that I'm much older I admire anyone,male or female that can remain a virgin,if thats their choice.
    Also I think alot of people make up a history,as you call it Frank......to mask their true story to keep from being placed with such a stigma.

3. The Aristocrat

The Aristocrat New Member

Exactly, I am a sophomore in college and Im still a virgin but becaue I am a guy, more stigma is placed on me because having sex in college is considered becoming a "man" *rolls eyes*

4. hurley

hurley New Member

I think the "stigma" changes on age. I think in high school if a girl is known as a slut, it would be worse then if a guy was a virgin. I was a virgin all through high school and people knew, but never said anything to me about it. Once its out of high school, i think that it changes for the girl and maybe more pressure added to the guy, but i dont think it gets as bad as it would for the girl in high school

5. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

I was a virgin until I was in my mid-20's, but it was by choice only. On more than one occasion, as early as age 18, I had an opportunity to have sex, but instead received a blowjob or handjob. Unlike several men, when I was in my late teens and early 20's, I didn't think getting laid was worth the risk of getting a girl pregnant and ruining my life, especially when I wasn't in a relationship with her and didn't care for her.

I stayed a virgin by choice, but that wasn't something I ever shared with ANYONE. I would insinuate otherwise or let people assume that I had had sex. Part of the reason for this is that I'd hear when I was in my 20's how people would talk about a guy who was 19 and a virgin and sound just astounded at it.

Looking back, part of me wishes I had experienced more, but I also realize that doing so could have resulted in an STD or my getting a girl pregnant. I'm doing way too well for myself in life to have risked losing that, and so I'm comfortable with my decision, but I also don't run around telling people that I was a virgin so late into life.

6. innerwildwoman

innerwildwoman New Member

I think Hurley makes a good point about age being a factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.