What's so great about bondage??

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by daver, Dec 3, 2010.

1. daver

daver New Member

I've just joined this site and it gives me a chance to finally ask a question that's been on my mind awhile:

What makes you enjoy bondage?
    (Assuming, that is, that you DO enjoy it.)

OK, let me just explain why I'm asking. I too enjoy tying my partners up, although I've only done it with a couple of girlfriends, maybe a total of 4 times. I know there are several reasons for it being a turn on, but there's one aspect of it that I think is primarily why I (and my partners) like it. And yet, in my (limited) research on the web, I've never seen anyone else mention this particular aspect of it.

I'm not going to mention that reason for the moment. I'd just like to read others' comments, and see if anyone else happens to hit on the same aspect of it that I find makes it so terrific.

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

Various reasons.
    Mine?
    It's a beautiful art.

Yes, I said art.

There is something beautiful and just..amazing about the way a woman or man looks in ropes. I personally love all aspects of Shibari.

The level of respect and trust that is given and received can also be just...so amazing.

When I'm not so tired I'll go into more detail but right now it being 2:30 am my words just aren't wanting to come out :p

3. smush_smush

smush_smush New Member

there's something that just really gets your blood flowing knowing you have no control over the situation, its like an adrenaline rush, i love being dominated, and he always knows the right things to do while i'm tied up :p

4. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

There is something so sexy about giving up all control of your body to another person and completely submitting to them. I've told Steve before, "My body is yours to do whatever you want with." Sooo hot. And wouldn't you know it, most of the time he does what I like much more often than what he likes.

That man of mine:).

5. awakened

awakened New Member

It must be the name !!!!!;)

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

I have read that the female rape fantasy is based on the contradiction that women have high sex drives, as we know, coupled with long-standing taboos in our society regarding women and sex. By being 'raped', it enables a woman to be ravished without feeling guilty about it. I expect that bondage is something similar: by being rendered incapable, anything can happen and she has no control over it.

My wife enjoys light SM, but isn't into bondage at all, which is a shame because proper Shibari is a beautiful art.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

It's a feeling of freedom to be tied up. You are incapacitated, all you need to do is enjoy everything. You don't have to think about what to do to your parnter, just relax and "take it all".

8. daver

daver New Member

Bingo! Thank you BackCheck, that's the answer I've been looking for! Excuse my enthusiasm, but I've just never seen anyone mention that aspect of bondage before. And, to me, that's the main thing that makes bondage so terrific.

Yes, surrendering control is exciting, and the apprehension of not knowing what's in store is tantalizing. But what stands out for me is that, by being immobilized, the bondee (for lack of a better word) is, paradoxically enough, gaining freedom. Freedom to focus solely on his/her own pleasure; freedom from any sense of obligation to please the partner; and freedom from any guilt for being selfishly obsessed with their own hedonistic urges (given that they're not in any position to attend to the partner's needs, even if they wanted to).

Personally, I think I've only been the bondee once. My real turn on is giving my partner pleasure, and having her tied up also gives me a kind of freedom. Not just the freedom to have my way with her. It's the freedom to focus all my attention on her. And for me, nothing gets me harder than hearing her moans & feeling her writhe with pleasure, and knowing that I'm pushing all the right buttons on her.

9. andretti

andretti New Member

Helplessness, vulnerability, power exchange, loss of control, being overwhelmed by the seductress...

These are all very heady things for me. It's hard to be much more specific than that.

It's best when it's evident that the domme in truly enjoying wielding control. That wicked twinkle in her eyes, that wry smile, when she's about to exploit me, and I'm powerless to stop it.

I've been drawn to that kind of thing for as long as I can remember...

10. Paula

Gold Member

it makes me feel so subm...