What's Love Got To Do With It????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by johnnyangel694u, Feb 25, 2011.

1. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

No I am not talking about the song!!!!:)
    Being around different sites and even people in person, I notice the the word LOVE is being used a lot. What does love mean anymore? I don't know too many people that I LOVE. Has LOVE been diluted? Is it the difference in age? I am curious what everyone thinks?

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

i do think that a lot of people overuse the word but it doesn't necessarily mean it has lost its meaning or can't be just as significant when it should be

3. Ready2Please

Gold Member

I agree too many people use it for to many different reasons. But it also depends on who you use it with.

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

That's totally up to you and how strongly you feel about it. But There are certainly different types of love that can be devoted to different types of people in your life. Some require a lot of attention and dedication, and others are just a strong personal connection with a common history that's important to you to share.

5. Meee

Gold Member

Actually, I see a lot of people hesitating to use the word love. All of my friends are awkward about the word when they are talking about their relationships. My parents and people their age use the word more. When I see old movies, they use the word love a lot more--so much sometimes that it sounds silly to me. Did the whole world used to be like a romance novel? I think people my age are afraid of the word (inlcuding me sometimes!) or at least aren't ready to use it so much. Or maybe the word is actually going out of fashion.

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

Hey Mee, how ya been, girl?

/OT greeting

7. Meee

Gold Member

[OT]

Hi!

[/OT]

8. igor

Gold Member

What is your definition of love?

9. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I thought I knew what love was until about a year ago. A very dear friend of mine was injured in an car accident. I spent some time with her helping her around the house. Our feelings became very strong for each other. I never felt feelings like this before in my life. The interesting part about it, because of her injuries there was no sex involved. I feel I finally found what true love is. She has since gotten a boyfriend and I have such an emptiness.