What's included in BDSM?

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by BassDude, Oct 7, 2008.

1. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I was just thinking...I'm not sure I know the answer to this. I tend to think of BDSM as involving pain (not something I like giving nor receiving, other than things like a smack on the ass, etc....for instance, I wouldn't want to choke or be choked, gag or be gagged, etc.), but I'm not sure that's actually true that BDSM and pain go together, right? In general, what do folks tend to lump under "BDSM"...mild spanking? Tying up? Tickling/teasing/gentler sensations such as this? Thoughts please!

BD

2. heelfetish

Gold Member

Personally, I when I think of BDSM, I tend to think in terms of 'all of the above'. I think BDSM is a broad term that encompasses all of those aspects of sex play. Pain, bondage, dominance, submission. Personally I'm not into pain (sex is supposed to be about pleasure, at least for me), but I could see how mild bondage, light spankings, mild dom/sub etc, could be very hot.

So on the whole, I personally wouldn't say that I'm into BDSM, but there are some aspects of it that turn me on. :)

3. Poky

Poky Banned

This is what I understand of BDSM: B-Bondage = the use of restraints or otherwise limiting the mobility of a partner, be it male or female: D-Dominance/Discipline = Being the "Boss" you could say. I believe this can best be related to being a military drill instructor giving orders and making recruits do as he/she wishes and if they fail they are disciplined by having to do push ups or running around the platoon with his/her rifle above thier head for a specific amount of time. As far as "D" goes with sex, one can discipline by denying certain things such as touch or by spanking or even more: S-Submission, kind of self explanatory and it would be the submissive one that decide if they were to be good or bad or even both: S/M (Sadism and Masochism) = Out of my league and will never be in my book of things to do.

Ok, to answer part of your question, if you want to call it an answer, is that BDSM can involve pain if that's what an individual is into, but I don't believe that ALL parts of it have to do with Pain...In my opinion, and I could be wrong here, is that BDSM can go from very mild to extreme, mild being a simple spanking and extreme to as much as torture. This is not a professional answer by any means, it's just what I understand from it..If I were to do any of part of BDSM, I would consider the D/S and B/D part of BDSM, but forget about the S/M part...

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I've always thought it could include parts of the B, D, S, and M, but that it didn't have to include all of it, or at least could only include mild forms of some of it. I'll blindfold and tie or cuff my partner, spank, pinch or lightly whip, maybe drip some candle wax, but only in a respectful and playful way. And I'll accept any of that too. I'm turned off by the thought of any extreme forms of BDSM. Of course what's "extreme" to me might be completely different from what it is to others.

5. Katprr

Katprr New Member

Well since I am highly into BSDM, also to the point of some pain but not extreme, one of my ex's was an extreme bondage junkie. Which is prolly why I got into it so much. Everyone has the meaning of it right. B-bondage D-Dominance/Discipline, S-submissive, M- Masochism.
    As most people know there are rules that are in place before this type of play begins. I have to admit I have gone deep into the BDSM world with an Ex before.
    I think that mild spanking, Tying up etc is honestly just role playing fun, or a very mild touch of BDSM. Most people are prolly going to say I am strange but that is okay, I like a little pain with my pleasure, for exsample, with my ex I was almost to the point of an Oragsm after a long drawn out time of being teased and dominated by him, he finally told me I could come, when he bit slightly on my clit, not enough to cause severe pain but enough that it made me jump and OMG did I have an O that was unbelievable. I believe that alot of people are fasanitated by this type of play. Yes I have been bound beyond believe, chocked no, gagged no not really but I have had gag balls strapped into my mouth, since I am a loud person. Spanked to the point my ass was extremely red, teased etc there were times that in the morning I had bruises but neither one of us could firgue out how they got there.
    I love to be nibbled on, slightly bit where it leaves teeth marks, but do not get into the whole drawning blood thing no thank you not for me. Do I still practice this type of play yes, but I only do it with someone I completely trust, I dont take chances with this type of play since it takes a man or women that can completely control them selfs to since sometimes they play gets so indepth it goes fa beyond the limits set and I am not willing to take that risk.