What's Cooking?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thorn, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Thorn

Gold Member

I got a Cook Book for Christmas from my little girl and her hubby. It's called, "Ethnic Cuisine." I'm using it for the first time tonight. I'm preparing "Japanese Sweet Pork Roast" for Rose's and my dinner. I love cooking up cool stuff, I just don't do it that often. I asked for a cook book on my Christmas list to get inspired and into cooking again, and this is what my daughter gave me.

I'll post the results of my efforts here tomorrow. (If Rose and I are not suffering from food poisoning.) :lol

[​IMG]

2. pirouette

Gold Member

Cool! Nice gift! I love cooking foreign foods. I've spent many years trying most of the recipes in my Thai cookbook.
    So.........anyone survive dinner? :lol

3. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Alright Thorn! Good for you! (and Rose! :))

Good luck tonight, may all aspects of your evening be delicious. ;)

4. doberman

doberman New Member

i have a little fetish for cooking myself.. even when i am invited over, i can hardly keep my hands of pans and pots.. my best mate got me the nick "chef"..

i love thai food too a lot. curries are my favorite! once i helped a friend with her birthdayparty.. i cooked dinner for forty people invited for the dinner.. at the end of the night, it was a big party, we probably served chicken and veggie curry for about a hundred people.. GOD, was i nervous.. you know, it was all countryfolks, not really rednecks, but close to it. most had never tried anything else than swiss cuisine, maybe italian as the highest form of culinary art.. i couldnt eat before i seen everybody filling up their dishes at least a second time.. THEY JUST LOVED IT!!!

damn, when i was about to decide what to do as an apprentice, cook came to my mind. but i got talked out by some sort of profession-advisor or however you may call it. if he didnt, i think i would be famous by now.. i like experimenting a lot, try new stuff, mix with already known.. for me food is almost a bit like sex: its about taste, lust, enjoying, become satisfied.. kind of a fetish almost.. FOOD IS GREAT!!!

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

It's a bit past 7:30 EST...

In the words of my beautiful, sweet (and very sexy) daughter-in-law:" That meal was ORGASMIC!!!

I kid you not, you could not have gone to the best Japanese restaurant, and received a more fantastic dish! Tender, flavor deep within the meat... the 'presentation' would make Emeril get goose bumps!
    I think I'll keep Thorn around for another 30 years

... and he definitely deserves a very good tip <wink>

6. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Lucky you, Rose!

Isn't it something else, what a delightfully prepared meal can do for a woman?
    And they say the way to a man's heart is through his belly...

Could we tweak that saying to describe what a man might find his way to on a woman, in preparing a delicious meal? :eyes :D

7. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I did that one Just after I finished my Chinese cooking classes at the
    local college, And I really got sick, I think the pork was bad.

8. Thorn

Gold Member

Well it's the morning after and neither of us got sick so it was a success. :lol It was really good, as Rose posted last night. It was a first for me, being a foreign dish. I have cooked meals before but stuff like meatloaf, veggie beef stew, etc. Next I think I'll try a Thai dish called, "Spicy Beef and Noodle Soup." I tried a good bit of Thai dishes when we were in Thailand a couple years ago but I wasn't keen on Thai food all that much, but this sounds like it will be pretty good.

9. Dreama

Gold Member

Damn it guys! I'm hungry now!

10. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

A1's got the munchies :(

11. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I've heard that the Thai dishes of the northern area is even better. It's supposedly more like Laos' food - the spices and the method of cooking is very different than 'regular' Thai cuisine.

12. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Thorn and Rose eating sweet pork together....aaahhhh that sounds so lovely

and the way ye refer to your daughter as "little girl"....made me have a tear in my eye..

ooppps sorry I am a big softie...

:)