[Ask a Girl] what would you do?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by justaniceguy, Jun 15, 2013.

1. justaniceguy

justaniceguy Member

if your husband or boyfriend didnt want sex as often with you or you showed interest in wanting sex with him and he rolled off to sleep would you stray for attention or just put up with it, or if another man showed interest in you would you stray?????

2. Courtbear

Courtbear Member

When I am not getting the attention I want, I take care of myself. I believe that if I need to stray, I don't need to be committed to the one I am with anyway. Sometimes, the man doesn't want to have sex and I am fine with that. I just take care of myself and try again at the next opportunity. It is really a win win. I don't always want to jump on him when he wants, so it evens out.

3. Meee

Gold Member

You've given us three choices of what a woman would do:

Stray for attention
    Put up with it
    Stray if another man showed interest

Do you think you could think of any more possibilities? Any at all? Think of it as an exercise and post a list of additional choices.

4. OverSinged

Gold Member

I've got one!

:Stray for additional female attention

Do I get a cookie now?

5. Meee

Gold Member

LOL, that was one even I didn't have in mind. Have a cookie.

6. OverSinged

Gold Member

Yey!

Hmm... How bout...

:Turn into a dominatrix?

7. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Humans, men or women are not monogamous by nature. Religion and it's effects on society have created these expectations. One need only look at our closest cousins, the bonobos and chimps, to see that while humans are likely to have been socially monogamous, they were not likely to have ever been sexually monogamous. Humans may tend to be monogamous in a relationship that is both emotionally and sexually satisfying. However, when something is lacking, that is when straying occurs.

xx

8. backcheck64

Gold Member

For the most part, I'll agree, but people don't look for emotional and sexual satisfication, which results in dissatisfaction and cheating, divorce. If people would choose right the first time, monogamy wouldn't be a problem.

9. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

You have a very valid point BC, but there is the age old problem of her, (or sometimes him) changing after the fact of marriage. I think that it's great that you found the perfect mate for you. You don't know how fortunate you are. Before we were married, my ex wife seemed like a man's dream come true. It all literally started going down the toilet right after we were married. One can try to select the perfect mate, but people change and for some reason, marriage seems to change a lot of people, especially women.

One also has to realize that with humans not being naturally sexually monogamous, "cheating" is not always intended, planned and/or repeated. A lot more of that happens that is never talked about or discovered. Often, because it happens, in the heat of the moment, between two people that wouldn't normally be sexually interested in each other. So, in the end, they mutually agree to pretend it never happened.

Also, there are cases where a spouse or long term SO was the perfect sexual and emotional needs filler, but as time went on this became no longer important to them. The partner that is no longer happy would tend to stray. This is because it is not always easy, cut and dry to end a marriage/long term relationship. It may be hard for anyone that has not lived it, but those who have understand what I mean.

xx