[Ask a Girl] What to wear...

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Well_Heeled_RN, May 7, 2013.

1. Well_Heeled_RN

Well_Heeled_RN New Member

I am a 53 year old female who carries a few extra pounds. I'm not fat, but could be a little more fit. I have curves in the right places. My problem is I have dressed conservatively for so many years, that I no longer know how to kick it up a notch to dress for a man. I do NOT want to let it all hang out, but am curious as to any tips that may help me get noticed.
    I have long hair, a medium brown, and green eyes. I have a nice face and am rather tall so I don't wear heeles that are too high...usually 2-3 inches is my limit. I am not into short skirts or wearing shorts in public. So what will help me get noticed? Jewelry? Lipstick? Attitude?
    I usually wear jeans and a nice shirt when I go out....but feel invisible.
    Help me out, I want to get some attention when I'm out with my girlfriends.

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Heelie, as a dude I like seeing the sort of body you have in a well fitting dress. This shows your curves to advantage :)
    Compliment that with simple jewellery, lippy and confidence and you have a man killer combo!

3. sandwich

Gold Member

I second the well fitted comment, not from the liking to look at women standpoint, but from the point of view of my own fashion preferences.

Fitted clothing is best IMO cuz we are shaped differently from men, and we don't need to cover our shapes up by wearing boxy or baggy clothing. It doesn't have to be tight to be well fitted.

Also, I think color is important...I tend to be a color fanatic. Go with what looks best on you, and ask someone if you don't know. I am also into fun and unusual, and that is sometimes hard without being too trendy, but I incorporate these things when appropriate. My point is that your clothing reflects something about you.

My fav place to get a dress is French Connection online. They're not cheap, so I usually wait for sales. They do fitted really well, and offer things that are feminine and sometimes a little edgy.

4. minskminx

Gold Member

Jeans!

Men love women who wear dresses! Look classic rather than cheap. Nothing clingy if you are bigger but get a nice fit to give you a good silhouette.

Style will get you notice more than flashing flesh. Everywhere you look there are short skirts if you don't show much you will stand out more and show you mean to be treated with a little respect.

Make up is important but never use too much, only a little, which is all you need. Same with jewelry. Remember jewelry is an accessory it should add to the overall look not stand out. Fake tan - NEVER!

Attitude is important, you must seem confident but not too confident. Men like to feel like protectors they do not want someone overbearing.

Look at fashions from the 30's to the 60's. Old movie stars. This period was most stylish and looks good today. You can adapt these styles and mix with modern clothes.

Good luck! :)

5. biker061

Gold Member

since you mentioned your height and long legs, i'd say to accentuate those assets. long legs drive me crazy (said the guy married to a lady who is 5'4) :eyes

6. LEATHERMAN

LEATHERMAN New Member

Leather pants or tall leather boots will make me come and talk. Tight jeans with boots and nice t shirt might work for you.