What sport or activity do you enjoy.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bighiker2003, Dec 8, 2007.

1. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

My screen name is bighiker, Picked that because of my E-mail
    and had to add big because Hiker was already in use.
    But had back surgery a few years ago that put an end
    to my hiking days, Now I ride a bike. no motor, And I do it big time
    And am always looking for a unique trail to ride. (a level one)
    This summer I rode the CalHaven trail in Mi.(37 mi), GreenBriar River trail in WV
    (79mi), Magnificent mile in Chicago (18 mi) and the Emerald Necklace in Cleveland
    (38mi).
    Now that the snow is falling I go to the local college gym every week day nite that
    I'm not working. And I will ride the bike if the roads are not icy.

Hiker

2. Dreama

Gold Member

Biking is really fun, hiker. I'm glad you can enjoy it so heartily. Sounds like you've been so many places biking!

Anyway, I love, love, love to swim (laps and leisure). When I can get to my college pool, I swim (at least 2 times a week, but I prefer 3-4). It's the most relaxing thing, being in the water.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

I do a lot of horseback riding in the warmer months. There's nothing I love more than to trailer my mighty steed to different parts of the Eastern US and meet friends to ride. I have been lucky enough to have the resources to do a lot of horse camping this year and have a big trip planned to West Virginia for next October with some gal pals of mine. I live in NY, so this will be quite the adventure for us, as we are bringing our own horses and renting a cabin. WOOHOO! :D

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

BH, biking is great exercise. My son used to do a lot of mountain biking. I walked. Until some nerve damage gave me a weak ankle that only lasts for a few minutes before I start limping, I walked a minimum of 50 miles per week, usually 60+.

CL, I enjoy riding horses too, but since my childhood days I only ride other people's horses. Keeping them is too much work for me. I envy you for your planned vacation next fall. Sounds like GREAT fun!

My main hobby now is "leisure camping". We have a 5th wheel camper and like to spend summer weekends in the mountains, fly fishing, campfire cooking, taking nature photos and generally goofing off. I used to do a lot of downhill skiing in the winter but have given it up in favor of tamer activities... like sleeping! ;)

5. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

im a ladies soccer player, believe it or not.

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I LOVE soccer! ("Real" football, btw...)

It's not a "sport", but I simply enjoy working up a really good sweat from cardio, along with some strength training.

Just in case SOMEONE is lurking... I would absolutely LOVE to get a good bike for x-mas.... not too many gears (I'd probably get confused - being blond, and all :lol ) - but I really would love to do some road biking.

[banana]"Dear Santa: I've been very naughty.
    Would you bring me something to ride? :brow[/banana]

7. LA_20

LA_20 New Member

Horseback riding is my life. I'm an eventer and the only thing I think about more than my SO is my horse (but shhhh ;) ). Horses are in integral part of my life and slowly I'm trying to bring my SO into more of my horse related activities. Then again putting him on a hot 16 hand appendix may not have been the best way to get him hooked :lol.

Up until last year I did cheerleading. Although never a cheerleader at heart I love watching my SO play football and it gave me killer legs :brow.

8. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Sounds fun Drema. I swim a little as we have a pool at our gym.
    But I'm not much of a swimmer but I do like to walk as fast as
    I can in the pool to keep my legs in shape.

Hiker

9. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

weekends in the mountains, fly fishing, campfire cooking, taking nature photos and generally goofing off. I used to do a lot of downhill skiing in the winter but have given it up in favor of tamer activities... like sleeping!

I like fly fishing also, But can't do much around here because of the trees.
    I do it only twice a year in Tenn. And believe me it's exercise
    walking up a mountain stream with waders on.

Hiker

10. bigmanwithpbgun

bigmanwithpbgun New Member

I enjoy backpacking, playing soccer, and american football.

11. Dreama

Gold Member

And that will definitely do it! Water is great resistance.

12. Thorn

Gold Member

I really enjoy beer lifts. It keeps my muscles and bones from feeling pain. :lol

13. cook74

Gold Member

That's one of my favorite sports too, it a shame that it's no good as a spectator sport otherwise we could be trying out for Beijing next year :tup

14. heelfetish

Gold Member

I'm an avid skier, in both the summer and winter. Water skiing in the summer, downhill skiing in the winter. Besides that, I enjoy skating, running, biking, and I used to play hockey. :)

15. Barbwire

Gold Member

No wonder you have such outstanding legs, Heely, baby. ;)

16. Thorn

Gold Member

Oh I do have a spectator, my wife. :eyes But I wouldn't call her a true fan. :lol She's more like a captive audience or a hostage at times.:(

17. heelfetish

Gold Member

Thanks babe! *kiss*

18. ChargerBabe

ChargerBabe New Member

I, too, love to ride horses. I have ridden since I was 13. I love the amazing bond that you get with the animals. I actually rescued a PMU belgian draft mare from Canda 3 years ago. I trained her with the help of my cousin and recently sold her to Miami police department for mounted patrol. And the physical benefits of riding are amazing.

19. HardRocker

Gold Member

Same as always, surf fishing and drag racing, tuning the hotrod, tinkering with my computer when it's too cold outside. Every couple of years I like to build a balsa wood model airplane and fly it until I either smash it into something at 70 mph, or it gets so loaded with duct tape its too heavy to take off anymore.
    And in between all that, I've written a novel and am always reading one. Right now, I'm reading The Reality Dysfunction by Peter F. Hamilton.

20. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I love food,..both cooking and eating it, so I suppose my favorite activity is cooking. That's why I love the holiday season so much!