What orientation are you?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Silverfox, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Silverfox

Gold Member

Certain professional events started me thinking about a thread I started several weeks ago, that I can't find (Mmmmmm!!!) regarding asexuality and the differences between that orientation and being sexually oriented.

If one digs around enough, one will find there's the concept of being sexually grey. It has to do with feeling sexual desire in terms of personal/emotional attachment. In other words, there's a continuum between pure asexuality and sexuality. In that continuum, there is a designation called Demisexual that is becoming a recognized sexual orientation. We really love our labels. If one does a word analysis, it basically means "half sexual".

lbushwalker's quote,
    on this thread,

http://www.sexualforums.com/threads/which-would-you-pick.43426/

started me thinking about a "test" that's on a website for those who are self professed asexuals, helping those with questions, and sharing in fellowship. (Like we do here.) Here's the website:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/

While searching the website I began to realize that I strongly associated with being grey, and this result is being born out, as the majority opinion, on several poll threads I have up on several different sites, asking about the hypothetical preference of a good personality versus a good lover, as a decision point for a relationship (one night or a lifetime).

When I first discovered the website regarding asexuality, I came across a "test" in one of the forums that is supposed to help one decide if they are asexual, demisexual, or sexual. Here is the link to the "test":

http://lonerwolf.com/demisexual-test/

It's on a website called LonerWolf. The site is extraordinarily fascinating, and I recommend one have a look, if you're inclined. However, remember, that as with everything and everyone, there is an agenda. Here is the link:

http://lonerwolf.com/

Back to the "test". I can't account for the origin of the questions, or their psychosexual veracity. The question count is small, and there are no double blind corrections. However, it was a fun and interesting experiment. I answered the twenty questions as honestly as I could and my result is that I am definitely demisexual. I need personal/emotional connection in order to feel sexual attraction. This doesn't really surprise me. I have always been able to admire a woman, but don't immediately want sex. The few exceptions were in my youth, while in a drunken, drug filled haze. So, give it a try, and you might find something out about yourself you didn't know, or even consider. Depending upon your opinions, I might post the "test" on the other sites I'm involved in. You all are my favorites.

In the end, does it even matter what label you place on yourself, if you're happy?

P.S.-backcheck64, perhaps this gives you a little more information into the workings of my mind.

#1 Silverfox, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. Meee

Gold Member

No. Even if you're unhappy.

3. Silverfox

Gold Member

Wise words, I misspoke myself. Thanks for the correction.

4. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Just from what you wrote I'm going to take a gander and say I'm absolutely not asexual, and not demisexual. I only care about personal/emotional when it involves non-casual situations. I can still look at females I find attractive and know that I would engage in sex quite readily regardless of persona/emotional connection (were it not for other personal issues of my own, anyway). Unless they were repulsive in some way, say bad hygiene or really shitty attitude. But that's not the same I don't think.

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

It doesn't matter what you label yourself if you're happy. Although, if I have to put a label on myself it would be Pansexual as far as orientation is concerned.

6. ginger

Gold Member

Im confused I thought I knew what I liked lol ....hum women i like women I must write that down some place before I read any more of Silverfox posts lol :)

Silverfox likes this.
  7. Silverfox

Gold Member

Hey!! I'm like the news media; a necessary irritant. ;)

HotForHoney and luvbug like this.
  8. ginger

Gold Member

is there a cream for that :)

luvbug likes this.
  9. Silverfox

Gold Member

No, I'm here to stay. :)

I guess you could put me on your ignore list, but then you'd miss the fun. I'm a psychostimulant for the masses. LOL ;)

luvbug likes this.
  10. ginger

Gold Member

"psychostimulant" isnt this a Stimulant yet you decripe yourself as a irritant lol ;)

11. Silverfox

Gold Member

Stop, you're making me blush. LOL :)

On a serious not, a psychostimulant can cause irritating behaviors. It's one of their drawbacks, even with the good they can do. Sad. No drug is without it's side effects.

12. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ok since we are venturing into psychobabble I will label myself as a committed polyangynophilic.
    Warning do not be tempted to Google that term; I just made it up, so something about the XX chromosomes I just cunt resist ;)

Silverfox likes this.
  13. Silverfox

Gold Member

Oh, you got me! LOL!! Polyangynophilic!! I was hitting Google before I even read the word "Warning". I'm still laughing.

14. alwaystry

Lol after reading that i don't know who i am anymore

15. Silverfox

Gold Member

This little quiz has been bugging me, and since I've done a little more research on a professional level, I decided to take it again, being super honest. This time I came down in the mid-range, neither asexual or demisexual. I'm definitely sexual. I'm still touchy/feely, but now I get revved up by physical attraction as much as the emotions. Hmmmmm.

Good news though, there was another link to another little quiz, concerning if one is Sapiosexual. Yay, now I'm a Sapiosexual. I'm attracted to intelligence.
    Which actually makes sense. Silverette is extremely intelligent.

So, I gave up emotional attraction for intelligence. I think I'm going to take these quizzes every week for a month and average the scores. I'm going to see how many different labels I can get, without regard to where I get them. What a lark!

16. Essene

Gold Member

Bicurious, if I'm going to assume what I am.

I've been attracted to animals before. More so, anthropomorphic representations.

17. PrincessDom

PrincessDom Member

I'm straight but have enjoyed women for the purpose of teasing third parties.

HotForHoney likes this.
  18. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Pansexual.

19. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Just sexual. Who needs labels?

xx

HotForHoney likes this.
  20. Trond

Gold Member

I got a 39 out of 100 on the test, so I'm definitely not demisexual. Does this mean I'm "normal"? lol. :)