What Music Do You Listen To?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thorn, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Thorn

Gold Member

OK folks, life is not only about sex right? Everybody loves music. What kind do you love? What bands or singers? What time of day/night do you mostly listen? Etc.

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

I love trance/techno. I listen to everything but country (a few okay songs) and not much rap. I have everything from classic rock, a little bit of classical/opera, a lot of trance/dance/tecno and alternitive. If I hear a song I like, I look it up and buy a single.

I listened to an online radio station for awhile and made notes of each song title, that added a some nice songs.

3. Thorn

Gold Member

I listen to:
    Classic Rock (70s 80s 90s)
    Southern Rock (Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet)
    Blues (Luther Allison, John Lee Hooker, Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Buddy
    Guy)
    Alternative & Today's (Kings of Leon, U2, Modest Mouse, Hoobastank,
    Audioslave, Velvet Revolver)
    Metal (Zakk Wylde, Judas Priest, Corrosion of
    Conformity)

That's just a few of my favorite artist from each genre.

4. longnstrong

longnstrong New Member

trance i dont know how it is on the west side but here in the north east trance, techno, has died with E and the rave. i mean yeah it is still around but no where near what it was back in first years of theis decade. but it is still pretty big in europe and germany.
    i like everything so i will just tell you what i dont like; country music that is not country rock, and new age, that is about it. every other genre of music i like one or more songs from. but with trance, classical, rave, and techno i dont know the names of the songs that i like.

5. Kisses

Kisses New Member

I listen to just about everything. The only thing I really don't like is country. Lately though I have been listening to a lot of The Beatles...Oh yeah. :)

6. Mystic

Mystic New Member

I'm a metal head. New age rock/metal is my flavor of the month. Slipknot, Mudvayne, Finger Eleven, Seether, Mushroomhead, Drowning Pool, Metallica....etc.

7. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I'm a lover of all kinds of music. Right now, I'm really digging Alternative Rock (Nickelback, Velvet Revolver, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Green Day & etc) but I listen to Top 40's on my radio. I don't listen to Country much anymore even though I have found that Country Music is much easier to sing than others.

8. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

Love just about everything with the exception of rap, but my main attraction is to old jazz: Miles Davis, Theolonius Monk, Dave Brubeck, Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, Art Pepper, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Nina Simone, Sarah Vaughan, Stan Getz, Dizzie Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Bessie Smith, and Duke Ellington are a few of my favorites.

#8 columbus17, Jul 3, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  9. Eros

Eros New Member

Most things other than country and rap. Like columbus i like old jazz (love Billie holiday, nina simone, duke ellington, oscar peterson and love cole porter. Also listen to a lot of alternative (allanis, sting, are a couple of my faves) and classical music (eric satie and vivaldi). My radio station is set to NPR most of the time though. Some people call me an NPR freak.

10. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I enjoy quite a few genres of music. Mostly Southern Rock - a la Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.
    I also enjoy Classic Rock, some newer stuff, such as Disturbed, Velvet Revolver (now defunct?), Jet, Jimmy Eat World .... Always finding new music to enjoy.
    Oh, ya gotta love Uncle Ted!!!

11. Mystic

Mystic New Member

Oh I love Cole Porter! I'm a metal head at heart but I love dancing around like an idiot to Cole Poter's music with my Daughter!

12. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

I guess the old adage "You can't judge a book by its cover" is true. I sure had you pegged as a CW girl Shellen. That's just about all I listened to before discovering jazz.

13. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

CW? You mean Country Western?

I can sing Country, but don't enjoy listening to it much anymore. I can tell I've become a "city girl" now! :lol

14. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

I guess I'm showing my age--it was once refered to as Country & Western music. I used to be a huge fan of Alabama, Charlie Pride, David Frizzell, Dottie West, Barbara Mandrell, Hank Williams Jr., and such. You just had that look about you!

15. Thorn

Gold Member

I got into lovin' Metal very late in life, like about a year ago at 55. lol It's what I mostly listen to and buy now. "Me got's metal in me blood" now!

:toast :dance :toast :dance :toast :dance :toast :dance :toast

16. ggroneet

ggroneet New Member

PinkFloyd, U2, Faith No More, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, 50 Cent, 3 Doors Down, Sugar Ray, Black Eyed Peas, Chris Isaak, David Bustamante, Eminem, Duran Duran, David Bowie, Hoobastank, Nelly ........................and many more.....................
    Music Is My Life......

17. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

Some music I am sick of: "Taps" and funeral dirges. Just heard the news on the TV behind me about the bombings in London. It's time to quit fucking around with these people and lower the boom.

18. anna67

anna67 New Member

I listen to:

-pop
    -rock
    -metal
    -soundtracks
    -R&b
    -electro/elektro (if that's how you call it)
    - dark wave
    - country
    So I guess it's almost everything. Except rap,and disco/trance music, I can't stand that. :ugh

19. HORUS

HORUS New Member

Life might not only be about sex, but when it comes to music, i do love a good shag when listening to Zeppelin or Metallica.

20. HORUS

HORUS New Member

And when it comes to the bombs here in London, the biggest terrorists were the ones who spoke out against the bombings, (BLAIR AND BUSH). If it wasnt for the lies and deception they gave the public of the U.K. and U.S.A over Iraq, we wouldnt be in the shit that we find ourselves in now. If you invade a sovereign nation and pull their political set up down. Another thing, i wonder how much profit Bush's oil companies are making due to the price of crude oil being so high?