What Job and do u enjoy it

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jack04, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Jack04

Jack04 New Member

im sincerely sorry guys if its a repeat as it is a popular thread
    what do you do for a living and do u enjoy it?
    jack

2. Maggie_05

Maggie_05 New Member

Well I'm an employee at a Bob Evans. I mostly waitress but I also cook, bus tables, wash dishes, host, and kitchen preperation.

3. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I'm an Assistant Manager for a large worldwide retail Company. I've been a manager for a year now, but have been with the company for 11 years. Managing people is a very hard task, then trying to keep your customers happy on top of that isn't much easier. Overall, I like it but I can't see myself doing it forever.

4. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

i'm a credit card assistant at a national outdoor equipment retail store (think hunting fishing camping) so i'm that annoying one who sits just inside the store and asks if you want to save money today by applying for a card

thats one weekend a month, otherwise i've got no job, although i'm considering joining the air national gaurd

5. Zack

Zack New Member

I used to work at as a lifeguard at the disabled childrens camp and it was the best summer I've ever had. Then I lifeguarded at my university and that was probably the most boring job ever, not to mention not too many hot girls came strolling in often. Most of the people who swam in the pool were old people who would float back and forth, while I sit there debating whether or not they are dead. (usually not) haha

Right now I'm a stock boy at Target haha. I'm the tall kid that can reach off the risers but its not the worst job I've ever had but I'll definately not being keeping it for too long. It's weird how there are so many overweight people who work there, making me feel out of place and looked at different... Tomorrow I'm going to a co-op fair for students at the university I attend and hopefully I have some promising opportunities in the mechanical engineering field :) wish me luck haha.

6. Jack04

Jack04 New Member

awesome turnout guys!
    Keep em coming :D
    jack

7. mysticgenie

mysticgenie New Member

I am an inside sales contact at national manufacturing company. Pretty boring and menial, and the owner is a ... well you can fill in the blank.

8. tina

tina New Member

i'm an executive babysitter (oops I mean assistant) to a sr. vp in the sales dept. of a popculture type cable channel for latin america - don't want to give away too much you know... been here for almost 5 years - fun place to work, don't have to dress up or wear stockings - jeans, flipflops whatever floats my boat

9. lancer674

lancer674 New Member

I did network support for a finacial institution and have left that position to become a network administrator for a local college. Am thinking about going back to college in the same field, so that's up in the air for me. I have two small children and full time college and full time school is tough on a family.

10. dabody

dabody New Member

I'm currently a student studying Economics and Marketing. I got 1 and a half years left studying. I do enjoy it but I'm kinda lookin forward to the day when I'm making money and money isn't such an issue as it is now.

11. DrDDonaldLeonPh

DrDDonaldLeonPh New Member

I a a Sociologist & sexuality Educator. And yes, I do enjoy my "job" very much as I feel that I am able to help others and in that way, make things a little better for everyone.

I do not make a living doing this, as I try and help those who would not be able to get the help otherwise.

Dr. Don

12. Jack04

Jack04 New Member

what do they,
    do you advise on sexual issues and stuff?
    Sounds like a good job
    jack

13. Mystic

Mystic New Member

I am a stay at home Mom atm, and it's the best job I've ever had :p

14. Kisses

Kisses New Member

I am a waitress...soon to be manager at Pizza Hut. I am also a student to hopefully one day be an accountant and not work in food any more!

15. kbate

kbate New Member

Structural Engineer by education - PhD in progress.

Actual work is as an Interior Designer building Custom Kitchens for the extremely wealthy. It's as good as work comes, but won't keep me amused forever.

16. chopper

chopper New Member

Im a full time mum to a 1 year old little girl, I used to work for a supermarket called tesco, I dont know if you know of it but I live in england so there is loads of them here.

17. A_Cassagne

A_Cassagne New Member

I'm a Ph D student and teaching assistant. I love my subject (Classics), but I am not a fan of Harvard, so I won't stay there to teach, whatever I do.

Also, I sell paintings and sketched sometimes for pocket change.

18. smileygal

smileygal New Member

Paralegal full time & pre-law student half time. I love my job & my clients. I've been working for the same attorney for 6 years.

19. snoopydog

snoopydog New Member

Caregiver for the past 18 years.

Oh, as for enjoyment, I do, but I will stop after my current patient, because doing this 24/7/365 for almost 20 years has left me without a life. After my patient is gone, I will stop and find that life that I have not had.

Mr. Right isn't going to wait forever... :D

#19 snoopydog, Mar 13, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  20. steph

steph New Member

I feel bad ...
    I'm just a farmgirl who goes to college (part time)

I guess my 'job' is helping out on the farm. I care for my horses, clean barns, mow grass, help with the gardening, shovel horse manure, clean house, help prepare meals for the family, and lots of other stuf.