What is YOUR Personality Type?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 10_3XL, May 31, 2014.

1. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Sparked by a discussion on another thread. Got intrigued to see what fellow members get:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm

I've taken the MBTI several times before this. I typically either get ESFP or ENFP. (Those 4 letters will make sense if you do or know the test yourself!)

Have fun, all! Please post your results so we can all sit here and psychoanalyze you. :p

CLE32793 and zillion123 like this.
  2. BlueCollar

Gold Member

I came back INFJ
    Pretty funny test. I think it's hard to label someone with all the categories given. But it was pretty fun to take. Good thread 10_3

CLE32793 and 10_3XL like this.
  3. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Well it's admittedly an imperfect system. The results will vary with your mood and so forth. As with any psychological "test" the results are going to never be 100% consistent.

4. JonJo

Gold Member

OK - Have fun INTJ
    Which with-in the limitation of the answers seems pretty near.

5. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Haha! You guys got the same results as my best pals from offline... That's hysterical.

6. Love2BKinky

Verified Gold Member

ISTJ
    Introvert(67%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(12%) Judging(67%)

Kind of a long test.....

7. AGFUNK

Gold Member

8. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Extrovert, Feeling, and Perceiving never change for me (never have, too, in all the times I've taken this over the years). It is only ever the Sensing/iNtuition that changes. Good to know I'm almost completely consistent. :p

9. ginger

Gold Member

BGHM as predicted (Bloody Gorgeous Hunk [of a] Man :D

10. sandwich

Gold Member

Ahah! I knew we had a similar personality type. I took it last year (on this forum on someone else's thread, and I came out as EFP with a 50/50 split on Sensing/Intuition. I've turned out more S and also more N in the past.

I can tell ya what that S/N score means for me (one of the things). It would be interesting to know if you will resonate with what I have to say. Okay, you know how most people are either big picture or detail oriented (or lumpers vs. splitters if you prefer that terminology)? Well, I see the big picture and all the details simultaneously. I do, however, prefer to live in a big picture world most of the time.

In my personal life, I can't be bothered with details because they are a drag (people like us need lots of stimulation). At work, Miss Detail comes into play a little more because of the nature of my job. I can work up a problem statement for a client's project, and then I can tell you exactly how to proceed step by step in the blink of an eye. It's like all the little details come to me at once (not an exaggeration). I can predict with ease all the little obstacles and have plans to overcome them ahead of time with very little thought. But at home where Miss Big Picture dwells, I can't even be bothered to balance my checking account. I just visually inspect it. Don't even ask me to be the one to plan a vacation or something that involves phone calls, comparing prices, making grocery lists, and all those other mundane things in life. I am so much this way that my friends and family are always surprised to hear about the Miss Detail personna who goes to work with me.

And shhhh! don't tell, but I am a closet grammar and spelling nazi....not on here cuz I just write as if you're sitting next to me. I think on another thread I noted that we have other things in common. Since then, I noticed you love Enemy Mine. Do you know how many times I have seen that? I could not count. I don't even like most science fiction. You probably talk to strangers on a near daily basis if I had to guess, and maybe you also have very little in the way of self consciousness. Do people think you're a dumb bubbly blonde until they get to know you and understand you are very intelligent? LOL.

CLE32793, lbushwalker and 10_3XL like this.
  11. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Ah, crap... You can see into my soul! :eek: ALL of what you said - even how you are at work vs home is true for me too. Only thing is that I suffer from a paradox: Severe social anxiety, no self-esteem, lots of self consciousness BUT able to go around like "it ain't no thang." :p

12. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Ginger, for the love of all that is holy, can you please rein it in? Just one post, eh? It's already essentially a post about you - no need to deviate any more. :p

luvbug and ginger like this.
  13. opnm1nd

Gold Member

INTP

Attached Files:

14. opnm1nd

Gold Member

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfiller
    Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it.
    Click here for a detailed description of ISTJ.
    ISTP - The Mechanic
    Quiet and reserved, interested in how and why things work. Excellent skills with mechanical things. Risk-takers who they live for the moment. Usually interested in and talented at extreme sports. Uncomplicated in their desires. Loyal to their peers and to their internal value systems, but not overly concerned with respecting laws and rules if they get in the way of getting something done. Detached and analytical, they excel at finding solutions to practical problems.
    Click here for a detailed description of ISTP.
    ISFJ - The Nurturer
    Quiet, kind, and conscientious. Can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above their own needs. Stable and practical, they value security and traditions. Well-developed sense of space and function. Rich inner world of observations about people. Extremely perceptive of other's feelings. Interested in serving others.
    Click here for a detailed description of ISFJ.
    ISFP - The Artist
    Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment.
    Click here for a detailed description of ISFP.
    INFJ - The Protector
    Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.
    Click here for a detailed description of INFJ.
    INFP - The Idealist
    Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people.
    Click here for a detailed description of INFP.
    INTJ - The Scientist
    Independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.
    Click here for a detailed description of INTJ.
    INTP - The Thinker
    Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others.
    Click here for a detailed description of INTP.
    ESTP - The Doer
    Friendly, adaptable, action-oriented. "Doers" who are focused on immediate results. Living in the here-and-now, they're risk-takers who live fast-paced lifestyles. Impatient with long explanations. Extremely loyal to their peers, but not usually respectful of laws and rules if they get in the way of getting things done. Great people skills.
    Click here for a detailed description of ESTP.
    ESTJ - The Guardian
    Practical, traditional, and organized. Likely to be athletic. Not interested in theory or abstraction unless they see the practical application. Have clear visions of the way things should be. Loyal and hard-working. Like to be in charge. Exceptionally capable in organizing and running activities. "Good citizens" who value security and peaceful living.
    Click here for a detailed description of ESTJ.
    ESFP - The Performer
    People-oriented and fun-loving, they make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Living for the moment, they love new experiences. They dislike theory and impersonal analysis. Interested in serving others. Likely to be the center of attention in social situations. Well-developed common sense and practical ability.
    Click here for a detailed description of ESFP.
    ESFJ - The Caregiver
    Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious. Tend to put the needs of others over their own needs. Feel strong sense of responsibility and duty. Value traditions and security. Interested in serving others. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function.
    Click here for a detailed description of ESFJ.
    ENFP - The Inspirer
    Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.
    Click here for a detailed description of ENFP.
    ENFJ - The Giver
    Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.
    Click here for a detailed description of ENFJ.
    ENTP - The Visionary
    Creative, resourceful, and intellectually quick. Good at a broad range of things. Enjoy debating issues, and may be into "one-up-manship". They get very excited about new ideas and projects, but may neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive. They enjoy people and are stimulating company. Excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.
    Click here for a detailed description of ENTP.
    ENTJ - The Executive
    Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.

surreal_thoughts likes this.
  15. opnm1nd

Gold Member

it's crazy, reading what everyone's esults were and the description of them that I posted above and they totally fit, even based on just the little bit we all really know about each other on here. neat

16. opnm1nd

Gold Member

I took another more detailed version of this test and got INFP. I told you great minds think alike. ;)

AGFUNK likes this.
  17. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I just like that I'm an Inspiring Performer (or is it Performing Inspirer?).

opnm1nd likes this.
  18. backcheck64

Gold Member

ENTJ for me.

19. opnm1nd

Gold Member

wow. according to some offline reaing I did earlier, ENTJ is one of the 2 ideal personality types for me to be involved with romanticly.
    Out of everyone I've interacted with on SF, you're the ONLY one who's ever come even remotely CLOSE to getting under my skin with a comment. how crazy.
    Somebody please "Frued" that one out for me. HA.

20. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I'm convinced that I'm the "seemed like a good idea at the time" personality when it comes to relationships. Not for my choices, but for those who choose me. "Ah, yeah, I dated 10_3XL... don't ask why it just seemed like a good idea at the time!"

MissJuicy likes this.