What is Your Libido Like?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Stefanie, May 15, 2011.

?

How often do you want to have sex?

1. Once a month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Once a week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Twice a week

3.2%
  4. 3-4 times a week

29.0%
  5. Every day

25.8%
  6. Twice a day

16.1%
  7. More than twice a day

25.8%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

There are lots of comments on here and from people I know in person about what constitutes as a high or low sex drive. One thing I've noticed is that no one seems to agree on what a high sex drive is like or what a low one is - if their partner wants to have more sex than they do, it is characterized as a "high" sex drive, and if they want it less, their partner has a "low" sex drive.

I don't necessarily think that's the case. A "higher/lower sex drive than I do" is obviously the case in those sorts of situations, but their partner does not necessarily have a high or low one. For instance, I know a lot of women who think that their husbands have a high sex drive when they want to have sex 3-4x a week, but my impression has been that that is an average sex drive for a man.

My personal definition of a high sex drive is wanting to have sex more than once a day (on average - it doesn't have to be every single day, it just has to average out over a month or so) and a low sex drive as wanting to have sex once a week or less, and I consider everything else somewhere along the spectrum.

So, how high is your sex drive and what do you define a high or low sex drive as? Ideally, how often do you think you'd have sex if you could? How frequently have you been able to have sex, and how long have you kept it up for? (For instance - sex 5x a day for a week or something.) What is your partner's sex drive like, if you have one, and how does theirs match up with yours?

#1 Stefanie, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. Beach

Beach New Member

Id say I fluctuate from once to twice a day. When I was unhappily married it would be every other to three days.. But then again id take care of business in between too.. lol.

3. nurseharley

Gold Member

i said twice a day but it could be more or less depending on how i feel

4. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

I guess I have a high sex drive I think about sex all the time & would be perfectly happy 2 stay in bed & be his sex slave all the time :)

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

With my young SO for the first year together we would have sex once or more a day.
    As time goes by my own desire is wanning a little and happy with 3 - 4 times a week.
    On the other hand her libido has not diminished but instead perhaps increased so she masturbates (and I help by licking & sucking her nipples) two or more times a day.
    I hope (but do fear) that this disparity will not cause of long term problems and eventual separation :(

6. collette

collette Member

I said twice a day but some days could be more :lol:lol

7. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I think there are so many variables to answer this. Through most of my married life (and my answer to poll) would be 3-4 times a week. But there has been times where I had rock the boat sex that was so satisfying that I wasn't horny for almost a week.

8. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Want 3-4 times per week. It happens 1-3 times per week. That's life with kids.

I think you have to consider the audience, people that respond here would tend to be people with an interest in sex, so this poll would tend to be skewed towards reflecting a population that likely has higher sex drive than the population of all people in general.

9. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Yeah, the crux of this question is its subjectivity. I answered 3 to 4 times a week, but sometimes I might want it every day, or more than once a day, and on the other side of it, I may go a week or more not wanting it at all. Humans are generally creatures of habit, but sex is something that is more subject to whim.

10. cbrmale

Gold Member

Men are typically on a 2 to 3 day cycle between partner sexual encounters, which means about 3 times a week. This is the way we are when we are healthy and have normal levels of testosterone, the day after sex and we feel relaxed, the next day a bit horny, the day aftr a lot horny. While I can have sex every day if thats what my partner wants, my sex drive is not subjective because I know how I feel.

Masturbation, of course, doesn't count because it isn't as powerful or as long-lasting in it's after affects.

11. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

I wasn't attempting to get an accurate sample of the population's sex drive, just further the discussion on it. I assumed most people here would be on the higher end of the scale, regardless, but a lot of us have SOs whose sex drives do not match ours.

12. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Good job catching the statistics lingo, I think!