What is your favourite position to have anal sex in?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbwire, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

My husband and I are having a difficult time with anal sex. We try all kinds of different positions and angles, yet he can't seem to find the target. We tried again the other night and to make things easier I used a dildo in my vagina. He only had one option to aim at and he still couldn't penetrate. Its not that I'm too tense or unwilling or he isn't hard enough, he just can't seem to get the angle of his dangle lined up with my back door.

We had done it in the past but it's a ridiculously clumsy act and is more frustrating than its worth.

Can anyone please give me some ideas to try with him? Thanks.

#1 Barbwire, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
  2. fireweed

fireweed New Member

Re: What if your favourite position to have anal sex in?

I would say coming in from behind is easier than from a missionary style position as you can actually see what you're doing. Getting ready with plenty of play and lube so you're loosened up a bit first is good too. Also, whenever I have anal sex, I usually have to use my hand to help guide and push it in, at least at first... there is a lot of resistance and you have to push really hard on the exact right place... no slipping around. After she is sufficiently relaxed and lossened it gets much easier, it's just difficult to get in initially especially without any type or warm up play. Maybe use that dildo (and plenty of lube) in your ass for a minute first, it makes a huge difference.

Good luck CL!

3. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

CL, it can be difficult for a guy to get inside you this way if he can't slide himself in easily.

I'm going to assume you guys aren't using a condom, if you are using one then ignore this...

This has worked without fail for me, but obviously others may run into problems...

Grab a bottle of baby oil and go to town on each other with it... rub it all over each other's bodies and make sure you use a nice amount... be sure to get a lot of it on his dick and your ass also... then when he is ready to penetrate you, get into doggy and it should slide right in pretty easily.

If that doesn't work, try spooning and you can guide his dick inside you.

One of those two positions + generous amounts of baby oil should do the trick.

4. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

My favourite is missionary, the only difference is that the girl has to have her hips tilted more, so her legs end up around my neck instead of my hips.

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.

Oh, for the record, we've tried doggy style, missionary and me at the edge of the bed on my back with my legs as high as I can get them with him standing facing me. We ran out of the anal lube and tried using astro-glide the last time we attempted poopchute acrobatics. Maybe we need to try baby oil or vaseline. The thing is, lubrication doesn't seem to be the problem, his aim does. :ugh

I was thinking of trying it with him sitting on the couch and me reverse cowgirling him. It makes me a bit nervous though, in case I come down too hard and take it in too deep too soon.

I have to laugh at the situation, though. There are plenty of guys that will hit the spot by accident and say, "oops" and get slapped for it. I'm practically begging him to do it and I still want to slap him but out of sheer frustration. :lol

#5 Barbwire, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  6. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I like Equate for lubricant. The reason is that I know that Equate is what doctors use when doing anything that involves the anus. Instead of him on the couch, you might want to try him laying down on the bed and you cowgirling him. You can use your hands and your legs to ensure that you don't go too quickly or too deeply. Since you're putting it in yourself so you eliminate his poor marksmanship.

#6 ninja08hippie, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  7. blinktwice

blinktwice New Member

The only one that's worked for me is rear entry...girl on her stomach, and the guy from behind. Kind of a vertical spooning...

8. igor

Gold Member

Not having ever tried anal sex what I think may be a good approach may be totally worthless but I was thinking missionary with your ass raised up on a pillow or two so it would be nearly the same angle as normal PIV sex.

9. Master9804

Gold Member

Hotbabe is usually in Doggy style or on her side. Seems to work better that way. We tried anal on her back with her legs up a few times. But her favorite seems to be either doggy style or on the side.

10. WIguy

WIguy New Member

I would definitely try the dildo first and it should make the target at least a little bigger

11. Budzzzilla

Budzzzilla New Member

Hello CL!

I have never posted before but I`ve been a member for a while and I enjoy reading you all.

When I saw your post I tought I could help because me and my soulmate think we have been getting pretty good at anal sex!

We both have meat around the bones... lol (We both have a couple pounds to loose) but still having anal sex is just like a walk around the park for us. We basicaly use the same recipe to start things off... here are the ingredients if you are interested!

First we get things rolling with some nice cuddling & kissing, and then I usually go down and eat her pussy while also using my fingers, she loves the combination of the two. After a while I slowly run my tongue down near her ass while I still using my finger on her pussy. At this point she get's really excited so I take both of her legs and push them back to raise her ass up and I start licking and using my tongue creativly while I still penetrate her pussy with 2 fingers while using the other to stimulate her clit.

After a couple of minutes doing this she can't take it anymore and ask for my dick, she like to get it really hard and wet by giving me head. I then ask her if she wants me to take her in the ass, and the response is always a resounding YES!

At this point we get in a spoon position and I caress her tits and pussy from behind and I caress my way to her butt cheeks while kissing her neck and nibbling on her ear. I slide my hand between her cheek and start to rub her ass that is still wet from my tongue and slowly insert a finger a continue massaging it. When she is ready I get lube (Kamasutra Lube is our favorite) on my fingers and put some on my dick then I get the rest between her cheeks and continue to rub her ass and inserting a finger half way.

Now here is the critical part... I put my dick between her cheeks and slide it up and down between them and when it's time she grab my dick with her hand and align it perfectly where it shoud be and she pushes back her hips as my dick slowly get in, she is the one in control and she goes at her rythm she then tells me to get deeper or faster for her need. After a couple of trust it's like cutting threw butter with a hot knife. At this point we can change position, usually doggy style cause it's her favorite but we also sometimes do missionary we her legs raised up or other positions aswell if we feel more atlhetic. One way or another it always finishes with a exploding orgasm for both of us as she is caressing herself telling me to come "in" or "on" her ass depending how she feels. And we are lucky enough to come at the same time most of the time!

We have been together for 2 years now, she is 10 years older than me but never had anal sex before me, same thing for me I never gave anal before but we where pretty excited and intrigued by it... so we discovered and learned it together and I can say it's really enjoyable for both of us. It`s not something we do everyday but we enjoy it as much as possible.

When we first started we add some problem that was mostly related to the over use of lube. Most people are scared it will hurt and think a lot of lube will help but too much will make things worst, you don't need to use a lot cause it will cause slippery situations and it will be harder to get in or too easy to slide out. Sometimes we don't use lube at all, just the saliva from me eating her ass and her giving me head is enough.

In conclusion we think that the fact that she is controlling the "first insertion" is the secret of our success. Every one have their preferences or technique but this one works like a charm for us and if it can help you simplify your intercourse we will be happy to have helped out!

On these word, I salute you aswell as my soulmate who's been right beside me while I was writing this text.

Bud and Sweet Angel

P.S. Sorry for the typo, I`m bilingual but english is not my native language, I'm better at speaking it than writting... lol

12. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Spoons, with the girls knees pulled up a little.

13. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thank you for all the pointers, guys. Unfortunately, I seem to have some mental block about anal sex now. We tried again the other night and I was so tense I couldn't even accept a small dildo without pain. I didn't mention this in my initial post but, the a few times we had anal sex (when my husband was able to penetrate) he didn't so slow like I told him to and I got hurt. I thought I'd won the mind over matter battle, but I guess I haven't.

14. heelfetish

Gold Member

Sorry CL. :( The way you were posting before I thought anal was a somewhat regular part of your routine. I'm saddened to find this isn't the case, and that things aren't working out so well for you. Give it time. I'm sure some time spent solo, when you're in the mood, will help bring your confidence back up enough to try it.

And if he was rough, might I suggest that you take control next time? As in, you be on top, and control the penetration. That way you can take it as slow and easy as you need.

Best of luck, hun!

15. Barbwire

Gold Member

I wouldn't say it was a regular part of the routine, it's something we do, or at least attempt every 3 months or so. We've only had a handful of times over the last decade or so where it's been a good thing for the both of us.

Oh, and btw, he NEVER initiates it, I do.

16. bojo11

bojo11 New Member

Have not tried anal in quite awhile. We had the same problem as CL so after reading this thread we may have to try again.

17. plush

plush New Member

My favorite is spooning (guess that's it's name) side by side.I brace my lower hand on her hip and can play with her breasts and clit with the other hand as we enjoy each other in the backdoor way

18. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Practice makes perfect I always say. Doggy style is the way I find works best and fingering first one, then two, then three fingers loosens her up and then I just slip it right in. Not that hard to find for me.

19. cbrmale

Gold Member

The trick, if there is one, is to hold with one hand and slightly rub up and down while pressing lightly. Voila, you're inside! It's very much like vaginal sex, only tighter. And that's me, with the girth of a blunt instrument.

#19 cbrmale, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  20. Basalt

Basalt New Member

Hey there CL, I've gone there with both my current and previous girlfriend but in quite different ways. It was their preference for position not mine (hey, I'm up for it in any position)!!. For what it's worth, I think the females preference is key.

One preferred to lower herself onto me cowgirl style.

The other preferred spooning - in fact spooning I can thoroughly recommend. Once in position, she kind of reached around and maneuvered my willy into position and then I just pushed gently when she was ready. :)