What is the sickest you've ever been?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Halogen, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Halogen

Halogen New Member

So I sit here tonight, not feeling well at all. I went camping last weekend and took a swim in a questionably clean lake, and now me and The Boyfriend aren't feeling good.

What's the sickest you've ever been?

Mine has to be when I was about..11. I had the flu so bad, wow. It got to the point where I could only have spoonfuls of 7up, I was so dehydrated. It was awful!

2. oscitate

oscitate New Member

I can't remember a specific incident, but I'm pretty sure that it lasted a whole day, the toilet was my best friend and some very important decisions regarding the use of that toilet had to be made very quickly. I hope you feel better.

3. lilG

lilG New Member

right now, im at home sick as a dog, my diabetes is fucking up and i cant eat anything coz ill vomit it up, making it realy hard 4 me to adjust and fix myself/siabetes, docter says i only got about a day or to left b 4 my body gives up n i hit a coma, but ill b aight

4. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

I got food poisoning a few weeks ago and it sucked. I ate at my favorite restaurant and not even 30 minutes later I was throwing up like crazy. I got really dehydrated and felt like shit. I hope you get better! :)

5. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

the day i was born is when i was at my overall sickest, i was put into a 3 day coma, because at the time the docs hadnt known i had a very very serious allergy to anything with strawberries in it, a med they gave me had the essence of it in, and wham comatozed for 3 days on a life support system....all good fun

6. syrupstains

syrupstains New Member

I don't get sick often but when I do oh boy....early this year I kept getting colds and what not so wasn't feeling good...then before spring break I started getting fevers and chills, eventually lead me into a flu that didn't go away till half way through spring break. >< I couldn't do much other than sleep...I barely ate, only thing I could was fruit and cereal and not very much. Totally ruined that break for me... but I haven't been sick since! *knock on wood*

7. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

The human body is a marvel, obviously it cant combat every illness , but wow it can combat many and seems to bounce back pretty well.

Im not allergic to anything now adays, well except hayfever hehe..

My problem seems to be accidents hahaha...broken loads of my bones in the past, and have quite a few scars to remind me of those times.

8. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Hmm..the sickest I've ever been was shortly after I arrived here in Sweden. I developed an acute tonsil infection and was in severe pain for about a week before I went to the doctor. I couldn't sleep, eat, or drink anything. The delay was because I had only just arrived and I had no permanent visa, no personal number, and basically no status here. I wasn't even sure if a doctor would agree to see me, but luckily one did. The infection was caught just in time. Another day and the abscess in my throat would have burst and I would have been in serious trouble, but I was able to cure it with antibiotics.

9. heelfetish

Gold Member

I've been fortunate enough to not really have any tales of horrific sickness. Just the usual colds, flu, sinus infections, etc. Pretty boring stuff. lol

10. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I was quite poorly when i was born as i was 2 months premature but haven't had anything serious since then, no broken bones, flu, food poisoning etc, or at least not in my memory.

11. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

And i hope that it stays that way for you both ( Heelfetish and emerly )