What is the hardest part of breaking up?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by flipside, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flipside

flipside New Member

??? SO what is the hardest part of breaking up? I mean I have been dumped because I am still a virgin and they want to move further. My feeling were hurt. :ugh I broke up with a guy once because he was acting crazy and wont stop. He wasnt himself but I let him be but he broke my mum automatic garage by playing with it..and he got drunk and called me late on night singing a love song to me. He was really singing it was more like belching...I felt so bad that I gave him a second chance but this time he wanted to get into my shirt and we have been dating for only five days.... :eek...The hardest part of breaking up or mw was that he was a friend o mine and we got attached and started dating. I didnt want to break his heart but he only dated me beause I was asian and one of the asian gurls at my school...there is going to be only three asians at my school! and only one asian guy...whom I dated... :tard and he too was just the same. All I want to know is what is your hardest part of breaking up? :eyes

2. Kabuki

Kabuki New Member

well the first time i had a break up was when i was 12, you could say that it was the first time i feel in love with this gal and things were going very well till i relised that she was more interested in my friend then myself and that drove a wedge between myself and and my ex gf and friend :(

still havent spoke to them since then and doubt i will cos i have a memory like a elephant, dont forget the good or bad things that happen in my life

the hardest part bout that was the fact that i lost a very close friend and my first love :( shame that it ended that way but hey thats life shit happens

3. GreatBritGirl

GreatBritGirl New Member

Well i would say a few things, Ive broken up wit a guy cos he cheated on me with a friend of mine, that was pretty tough and hurt me. But then ive broken up with other people, one of whom used to threaten 2 kill himself if i dumped him, so i would agree 2 stay going out with him and then when i eventually did break up with him he kept calling, annoying my family, emailing me abuse etc, which was bad because it just dragged it out and ruined my life for a while.

4. wheretodream

wheretodream New Member

For me, its the realization that my trust has been broken in someway. it doesn't even have to be cheating but just that security has been broken in one way or another. i hate the feeling like i put more into the relationship than he did and took advantage of that. i like to do my best when i'm in a relationship and give myself in ways i wouldn't normally give.
    but if the guy is a creep or it just isn't working, its not that the breaking up is hard for me emotionally~ i just tend to feel bad that because i don't want to hurt their feelings.
    and if the guy breaks up with me~ it hard for me to feel like in some way i wasn't good enough. especially if i liked him. and if i didn't maybe i'm happy cause its a relief!

also, i was told that missing someone is actually~ your body craving those chemicles that are released when you are with that person. almost like the high you get and your body is going through withdrawl. and withdrawl is hard on its own!

5. acidrain47

acidrain47 New Member

the breakup of my last relationship.....the hardest part was to try to stay friends with someone that wasn't even friendship worthy. The even harder thing depending on how long in my case off and on 3 years...and living together....was splitting up the stuff...not being able to talk to him just about everyday things like i always did, having to learn to sleep by myself again, missing the good times although they didn't outweigh the bad, and most importantly, missing the way they smell....i love to memorize the small details about people, but after breaking up it makes it that much harder...i mean honestly...how many guys do you find that have a cute lil freckle on the end of their penis...?

6. archer_007

archer_007 New Member

Unusual, I'll neve broken up with anyone. I've always been the dumpiee.

7. talkitive male

talkitive male New Member

so chessy you could spread it on sandwiches

what's the hardest part of being dumper you ask? I feel it is remember all you still have left to contribute to other people in future relationship platonic or romantic

8. Hug_It

Hug_It New Member

I've only had one break up that was hard on me and the toughest part about it was having to plan a new future and missing the companionship... it was seven years long and through the majority of it I knew she was the one I was going to be with the rest of my life... after it was all over I didn't know what I was going to do with the rest of my life.

But most of those feelings are gone now (10 months later) :)

9. talkitive male

talkitive male New Member

times a great healer but a bad beautition

10. Billman

Billman New Member

The hardest part...?

I've never had a bad breakup I wasn't able to get over. Until now.

I've been in an out of serious relationships for about 8 years now. I've dated all types of girls, redheads, brunettes, blondes. Wholesome girls, cheaters, sluts, and the just plain confused.

But I've managed to maintain some sort of open communication with my ex's. At least to where it didn't hurt to see them.

But.. my current breakup. It's killing me! I think the hardest part has been her utter betrayal of not just my trust in her, but her family's. She even thinks she's happy...

Happier without me...

My situation is extremely difficult. :(

But too long to explain right now.

It's just... losing that person you KNOW it was right with. And having her seem to be... happier... with someone else. It makes you do things that scare yourself. I don't eat anymore. I'm trying to starve myself to death. My friend has guns... I'm afraid I'm gonna use one.

Nothing I can do will make it better, either... When that person you worship changes, it kills you.

11. tina

tina New Member

the hardest part of breaking up is letting go...

think about it, after a break up we continue to hold on through our hurt - once you start to let go you begin to feel alot better...

I've had one too many break ups and a few that were pretty bad - letting it all go was the worse and hardest to do.

12. KoenigNazgul

KoenigNazgul New Member

OH BoY... I just barely broke up with the girl that was so, so right for me. We had been dating for just over a year and a half, and gradually her love and desire for me faded. That hurt so bad, knowing that she wanted me, but no longer wants me. I no longer got that look from her, that look that says I want you. I still wanted her, up to the last second. I couldn't believe what was happening, knowing that this would be the last time I could sit next to her and talk, to kiss her, to look her in the eyes and tell her I love her without words. This is the hardest thing I've ever been through, and I've been through some of those things in life you just don't tell anyone about. I told her about those things, no one else though. I would agree with some of the prior posts about betrayal, I just feel so damaged inside, I can't find my heart, I think I left it at her house when we broke up. The lack of communication is one thing that just kills me. I used to talk to her so much, about how I felt all the time. Now all I have is my newly founded diary. I unlike other people, don't have a memory like an elephant, all I remember is how I felt yesterday and five minutes ago. This complicates my depression because I was always able to look forward to seeing my girlfriend, now it feels like I have nothing to look forward to. I didn't have any hatred for her initially during the break up, but now I am starting to feel some welling up. I am angry at feeling betrayed and I guess I get angry at the thought of what I had, and will have no longer. I don't want to hate her, she was always good to me, if not good for me. All I can do now is look above and beyond the situation I am currently in. One part of me hopes that I will mature, become who I want to be, and then be able to hook back up with her. When reality sets in however, it tells me that is a slim chance.

Lonely in Utah., Oh, so lonely.

13. Billman

Billman New Member

Man.. Koenig, I soooo feel your pain!

I recently too have begun feeling the anger and hatred welling up. But it doesn't linger too long, because I know she didn't do this to hurt me.

But yes! I totally understand how you're feeling! My god, it's like looking at yourself in a mirror. There are times where I just miss her so much, just being my friend that I want to call her just to tell her about something stupid somebody did, like we always used to.

But she doesn't wanna talk to me right now. Somehow, I think she just wants to not feel guilty about being my friend for a while. I think it's kind of selfish, but at the same time, talking to her just hurts me so much that I need to distance myself for a while.

But at the same time, I fear, what if one of us gets used to it? And then we never speak again. She's the closest thing I've ever had to anyone I could even remotely call a best friend. I've had girlfriends, and even fiances before her, but I've never had the friendship she's given me, and I don't wanna lose that... yet it's all "radio silence" between us right now.

God it's so complicated to even begin telling. Though I have my own website devoted to just that. I'm working on it here and there trying to sort it all out, while at the same time trying to busy myself so I don't think about it. It's a paradox, really. But please check it out at http://www.ilovejanellesilvers.com

14. cbrownIII

cbrownIII New Member

The hardest part for me is the fact you have to change your lifestyle and no longer have someone to help u plan things.

15. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Uhm...this thread is four years old and is therefore closed. If you want to discuss this issue, start a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.