What is the deal?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by silentxperfecti, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentxperfecti

silentxperfecti New Member

My boyfriend & I have been having sex for the past 6 months. In the beginning everything was perfectly fine, but a couple months ago I started experiencing pain, redness and burning. During sex, everything is fine but afterwards these things occur. And this only happens if we have intercourse. Since I'm on birth control, we do not regularly use condoms. But, when we do, I don't experience these problems.
    I looked up semen allergies online and these are some of the symptoms of it, but I really have no idea. Could it be a yeast or bladder infection or even an STD? My boyfriend & I have talked about this and really don't think it could be an STD. I have only been with one other person & have been tested at my gyno visits. (The same with my boyfriend now- hes only had 2 other partners who were checked) However, this past partner cheated on me. But, if it was and STD wouldn't I experience these problems in the beginning with my partner now and my doctor would have found it, right? (Sorry if this isn't enough info) Please help!!

2. FlaminFrancesca

FlaminFrancesca New Member

I have found that I experience similar problems, minus the pain, after intercourse, if we use ky, but not astroglide. Perhaps you are just sore from the vigor of the sex or the length? ie: rubbing yourself raw, so to speak? Just a couple ideas. Good luck!

3. silentxperfecti

silentxperfecti New Member

You know, we used ky right before this started happening and were wondering if it maybe had anything to do with it? This tends to happen no matter how soft, slow, or rough we might be. Thanks! :)

4. FlaminFrancesca

FlaminFrancesca New Member

That could be it. KY irritates me for days after. I threw it away, lol...
    Good luck!

5. Rogue

Rogue New Member

KY is terrible! When my wife and I have used it, it causes redness and a burning feeling. Whatever you do, don't use KY for anal sex! (OUCH!) Just my luck that I'm stationed in Korea and KY is the only thing the PX here sells, and I can't find anything else on the Korean market. :-( Since you're not depending on condoms, I recommend a silicone lube like wet platinum or ID Millennium. Latex lubes are to sticky in my opinion, and feel really weird after the fact.

6. Brad

Brad New Member

Hi silentxperfecti

In respect of STD's, fungal or bladder infections, it would definitely be worth asking your GP to check this out for you if you have the slightest doubt.

I think that this problem is a process of elimination.

The thing that really stands out from your posting is that you don't suffer the problem when your boyfriend wears a condom. That could possibly point to a sperm allergy. You could test this by having him ejaculate on your sensitive parts without full contact, then massage yourself gently and see if irritation later develops. No sex though whilst testing this out.

On lubrication, (you didn't say whether or not you use any artificial lubes) it could be that when not using a condom, you are both too dry which could definitely cause the problem as PunkKitty said. Condoms are often lubricated which could be why you don't suffer when using them.

It could also be that you are humping furiously and vigourously causing irritation to the urethra. If so this might only be noticeable when you take a pee afterwards and sufffer intense burning sensation.

So my advice would be to have a gentl session of intercourse with loads of extra lubricant. If that prevents the problem, I think you have the answer.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.