[Ask a Girl] What is the best compliment you ever received

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by hubbywubby, Oct 3, 2011.

1. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

What is the best compliment that sticks in your mind from someone... If so can share what it was and why. Also can you husbands still have an effect on complimenting your wife. I mean I have been with my wife for 13 years and when I compliment her does it have the same effect it had 13 years ago... So if thats the case how do I make her feel good about herself without sounding like a broken record..

2. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Re: What is the beast compliment you ever recived

"I've been trying to hold off on complimenting you because so many do."

Because the compliment could be anything.. about looks, personality.. anything about myself and like they said "wondering is half the battle"

:)

3. shortylikesitrough

shortylikesitrough New Member

It was actually probably today. Me and my boyfriend went downtown to this art festival called ArtPrize, and he whispered to me, "You're the most beautiful piece of art that was ever created."

4. 1hotmamma420

Gold Member

For me, what my hub says (together for 11 years) still affects me but not like it used to. I still need to hear things from him; about body, outfit, hair etc., but also about the house or dinner. But I also know that he is going to love the way I look no matter how I look. He is always going to find me sexy in everything. I also like when he grabs my ass sometimes. But I also need compliments from others; coworkers, strangers, other family, friends.

5. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Nowadays.. compliments from friends I find the most memorable.

6. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I was once told by a co-worker that I was the most sophisticated young lady that he knew. He and his wife were swingers..he openly talked to me about their activities. I was much younger than he was.

I don't know if this is the most memorable but the first that comes to mind.

7. Maverick

Maverick Member

Hmm......I was called selfish by an ex. I really loved that one, because it was/is so far from the truth.

Being called an asshole or dick by most women after a few months of knowing them. I strive for it, so it's a compliment to me.

Funny, I only remember things others will perceive as bad. But those are most memorable to me and I don't see them as bad, at all.

I know most everyone always says oh your eyes, oh you're a teddy bear, oh you have nice muscles....blah blah blah. In one ear, out the other. (I don't like fake/false flattery)

8. Mobius

Mobius New Member

A femake coworker once said to me:"My boyfriend asked if i had feelings for you. She answered well kinda not emotionally, he's just my fantasy guy to have sex with^^"

I thought it was sweet haha

9. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

That's a pretty cool compliment lol

10. Mobius

Mobius New Member

YEah it was really nice haha. Still like to think about that moment haha. What a simple compliment can to to ya hehe

11. FarNorCal

FarNorCal New Member

My bad

#11 FarNorCal, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  12. RideNaked

RideNaked New Member

FarNorCal, none of us pay attention to the "girl/guy" thing! :lol:eyes:D

13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

14. RideNaked2

Gold Member

15. igor

Gold Member

I had a lesbian co-worker a few years ago. She was a real hoot and a pleasure to be around. She once said "if I weren't gay, you'd be the first guy I'd go to bed with".

16. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

Yes this helps also with my wife .. 13 years and I'm always worried that i compliment her too much... Should I hold off would it be better if I did not do it so much.. I mean would it have more of an effect if I said something once a year or once a day... who am I kidding I would never be able to do it... I tell her like five time a day she is smoking. We kid around a lot and every once in a while ill say something that I have never said. For example like a year ago we were at a really boring family get together. I turn to her I was aout five feet from her and I very slowly mouthed to her " I want to fuck you". she look at me like she could not believe I said that even though there was no sound when I said it... At the same time she had a huge smile on her face and later told me it made her very happy and turned her on.. Now if i did that every day she would smack me...

17. paintedblue

paintedblue Member

I had a friend of mine's girlfriend tell me once:
    "If I was married, I would totally have an affair with you"

Struck me is kind of odd.. but it was memorable.

I think the best compliments are ones that aren't meant for you to hear. For instance, after meeting my wife at her new job for the first time, all the other women told her afterwards that "your husband is a hottie"
    Of course, in true male fashion I gloated all evening about my "many new found options" and that she should best watch her step ;)

I am a big on handing out compliments, but they can run stale over time. So if you are looking for something to drive the point home, try things like "You look so hot in that dress that it makes me want to rip it off of you"
    or if she isnt as receptive to the sexually charged compliments, compliment her on something simple that most people overlook, like "You have the most adorable earlobes". Silly, I know, but it lets her know that you see things in her that most do not, and that you are indeed paying attention.

18. she

she New Member

I have really bright green eyes- so thats always the compliment I get- and I'm not complaining- I'll take any compliment I can get!! Now- my SO calls me pretty face. I love that. As far as a compliment by a stranger other than eyes? I had a woman tell me that I have the perfect shape for the dress I was wearing. (hour glass) that made me feel good- Men just try to pick me up- I've heard every line in the book.

I ride a Harley- so nice bike really makes me happy. silly huh? lol
    I have a half sleeve on my arm- even old ladies want to compliment that-
    I'm stumped for more- thanks wine.....

19. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

Compliments from friends do mean so much more. I love for a guy to say he thinks I am classy or sophisticated. Or that I am a good friend. Those are the best compliments. As far as looks go, I love getting compliments on my smile, hair, make-up, outfits and my breasts. I take compliments from either sex. Compliments have no gender.

20. sarad

sarad New Member

The best compliment I have received from my partner was a double. We were just looking into each others' eyes when he piped up with how pretty mine were. I have hazel eyes, olive on the outside and kind of a reddish brown around the pupil. I thanked him and told him I thought they were my best feature. He smiled at me and told me he thought my best feature was behind and slightly above my eyes. He was talking about my brain. I dunno. I really liked that. I have been complimented on all sorts of things before, but being there in bed with him, and him still thinking about my mind made me really happy.