[Ask a Girl] what is it about a bike???

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by 33stack, Jun 26, 2011.

1. 33stack

Gold Member

I just started riding again after 34 years. Long story short:1977 had a crash, it was pretty brutal, lost my nerve till now. Anywho, since I've been riding again I am astounded by all the women practically throwing themselves at me! I mean anywhere i go, pull up to a redlight, cars, busses, walking, bustops, you name it, they winking, smiling yelling, one girl at a bus stop flashed her titties at me! So , do tell, do u like motorcycles, or guys on motorcycles or what ever. What is it about a bike??? Nothing comes of it cuz im married, but im curious as hell about this.

2. backcheck64

Gold Member

I've riden for almost 40 yrs now, started in the dirt, then street 25 yrs ago. Nothing like the freedom, and I've been down a few times over the years, but I'll never give up the bike. It might depend on the type of bike you're riding as far as what kind of women do this. My bunch rode crotch rockets and sport tourers. We did get a lot of attention whether doing stupid shit like 90mph wheelies or just riding. I was out with a friend and three girls in a car waved at us as we passed them well above the speed limit..so we slowed to check them out. 2 hot and 1 fair college girls so we tried to talk to them, hard to do so I saw they had a bag of M&Ms so I put my hand out, she gave me a bunch, of course it's a little difficult to eat with a full face helmut, got a few though. We didn't encounter too much flashing, but yells, waves, and numbers handed to us, yes.

I'll tell you one thing, my wife doesn't like wheelies or scraping footpegs LOL.

3. nurseharley

Gold Member

I prefer a different kind of bike lol but even then you won't catch me making a fool of myself

Can't say that I get it. Maybe women like flashing baaad boys and owning a bike automatically equals bad boy

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

Whatcha lookin for...I have a street bike, dirt and atv.

Nonmotorized, road and Mtn.

5. awakened

awakened New Member

I love the speed and feel of freedom. The sound of a bike stops me in my tracks. It's kinda like thrill yoga !!!!!!!

6. Coffee

Coffee Member

Pfffft... motorcycles, shmotorcycles. Now this, is "a different kind of bike..."

[​IMG]

Add spandex, a little sweat, and stir. :)

7. nurseharley

Gold Member

Add your balls too :D

8. talldarknaverage

talldarknaverage New Member

It's wierd. I rode a nice Triumph for awhile and girls would wave at me and at stop lights they would give me thumbs up or shout out compliments. I wear a helmet so none of them could tell if a was an ogre or good looking or otherwise. It was always on the move though, never got any attention that I noticed while parked at a gas station, outside a bar, etc..They must be attracted to the "idea" of man/motorcycle. I suppose it is more appealing than "man"/hybrid civic.

Son of a bitch. I just responded to an "Ask a Girl" thread. You can't take me anywhere.

#8 talldarknaverage, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  9. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

THAT is a serious Harley Pedalson man. How much riding do you do?

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

Nice, I've got a Fuji Newest 1.0 and a Nevada 1.0 and a Haro F3 for fucking around. Still love my motorcycles...and I have Cannondale bike shorts, but I don't wear spandex for anyone or anything.

11. giannoutso83

giannoutso83 New Member

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

I remember similar responses from my motorcycling days, which were from the mid-seventies to the mid-eighties before I lost my nerve. Young women drivers were going to be the death of me, you could never tell what they were going to do next. Make eye contact and still they'd try and kill you, but that's another story.

My motorcycle which gained the most attention was the Norton Commando 850, which had the looks and had a great exhaust note. It gained a lot of attention, in fact. My favourite was the Yamaha RD350LC: the first liquid cooled monoshock road bike. It was like my TZ race bike on the road (the TZ is another story too!).

As far as pedal bikes go, well you know the story. There are two types of male bicycle riders: those who are impotent and those who will be. Two large-scale studies have backed up what's been going around for more than a decade. And the re-designed seats which came out make the problem worse.

13. Coffee

Coffee Member

About 400 miles/week.

14. backcheck64

Gold Member

SO why'd you loose your nerve? You're not much older than me and as soon as the kids are in college, I'm getting a Hayabusa and slapping twin turbos on it. One old bike I had that was fun was an 82 Yamaha 650 special, side by side twin converted to a cafe racer. My Transalp was a wheelie monster. I'll ride till the day I die, both motor and bicycle. Been riding bicycles, road and Mtn since I was 10 and still had kids LOL. There are a variety of seats out there and I haven't had any problems with the Bontragers I run on my bikes...and I'm done having kids so.....

15. cbrmale

Gold Member

I relied on defensive riding to stay in one piece and stay alive. I was heading out for a ride on a lovely autumn day and rolling down the road that led out of the suburb. A young women was at a stop sign on my left (we drive on the left) and we made eye contact, and then she pulled out in front of me! I always relied on eye contact, but I thought if someone can look at you coming at them at 60 kmh and still go, it's like Russian Roulette! This wasn't the only one, and by that stage it was happening quite a lot. But that was the last one, and probably the most callous. What they don't understand is that (a) you can do a lot of damage to the driver's side of a car with a motorcyle, and hurt a driver very badly and (b) how would she feel if her reckless driving caused death? How could she live with that, apart from the very real possibility of serving a long prison sentence? It made no sense.

Just today in my car, a young woman cut me off on the freeway so hard I had to brake heavily, triggering abs. She then tailgated every car on the road, and tried to do about 140 (speed limit 100, which no-one actually does) with me following at an extreme distance, waiting for the smash. She got to her turnoff about 1 second ahead of me. Unfortunately in Australia at least, young women drivers have no clue, are callous, reckless and suicidal. It was that way in the mid-eighties, and it's that way today.

Younger male drivers are much more predictable.

That's why I lost my nerve, because I couldn't manage these sorts of near misses. But I do have a special car: an Astra SRi, which is the GM Europe version of the Golf GTi. And I do drive it the way you'd expect an ex-motorcyle race to extract the best out of a hot German hatch. Say an advisory speed sign of 45km/h, that means an actual cornering speed of 90, and the car is on rails while you get pressed against the bolstering of the sports seats due to the sheer g-forces! And that's in the wet, in the dry you can go much faster. It's not particularly quick in performance, but there are few cars which can match these cars for steering, handling, braking and roadholding. But most who buy an SRi or a GTi don't have a clue of how to explore those boundaries.

16. 33stack

Gold Member

My bike is a Harley Wideglide. Slightly extended fork, mini ape hanger handlebars, sampson pipes , lots of chrome!! Im usually wearing sleeveless shirt, german style military helmet with skulls on it and Harley sunglasses. Both my arms are covered with tattoos, i have long hair and a fu-man -chu mustache. I am tall (6'5") and muscular. STILL, if i am walking, in my truck, or at a mall, i dont get the extreme reaction i do on my bike. Im not complaining, just curious. BTW, Awakened, my bike has no baffles. ;)

Thanx for your input everyone!

17. 33stack

Gold Member

r u german?

18. awakened

awakened New Member

Okay, now that you have described yourself in detail, my girlfriend that is staying with us this week will fall in love with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are her type of man to the T !!!!

19. 33stack

Gold Member

lol:lol Thanks. i still think its the bike. i know i love it!!:p

20. backcheck64

Gold Member

I've had plenty of near misses with cars, kicked a couple of doors in, smashed out a drivers window with my helmet at a stoplight after he damn near hit me..been down a couple of times, still not enough to stop me. My brother has been hit, my brother in law had the front tire skid out on gravel on a decending radius corner at 75mph, still riding. Every time my bike comes out, it's gonna hit 100mph +...unless one of the kids is on the back.
    I've stopped surfing the bike, but the front tire does touch the ground less than the back.