What "instincts" do gays/lesbians have sexual activity?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by martin9p2, Feb 7, 2011.

1. martin9p2

martin9p2 Member

As a heterosexuals, I'd say my wife and I both have a primal instinct to for penis-in-vagina sex. It's kind of natural (to us, anyway). From time to time, we have other ideas as well. We happen to think that anal sex is not really so great at all.

Do gay men do anal sex because it's the natural place to release, or is anal sex for them still an "acquired taste" like it would be for me? Are there some gay men who don't like anal sex? What's the classic sexual activity for lesbians?

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

i don't know but i'm not a gay man and i quite like anal sex

as far as lesbian activities, i'm sure eating pussy would be one

3. Trond

Gold Member

I don't think that there is a general consensus about humans having instincts at all. To be honest, instincts, drives, and reflexes are a bit fuzzy, and it is not always certain which is which. We certainly have some strong drives, and babies may have a suckling instinct. Perhaps you could say that we also have a "survival instinct" but people are still able to commit suicide, so it may be better to call it a "drive". In nature, true instincts are often very specific and detailed, without any learning involved.

As for sexual instincts, kids are often very interested in certain body parts, but they are also completely at a loss when it comes to how it all works. I am not sure if they would ever figure it out if never told, so calling it a "drive" seems to be better here as well.

I have yet to hear of a good explanation as to why the percentage of homosexuals is as high as it is. It seems to develop very early, so many people are now thinking in terms of hormonal influences on the brain. It certainly feels completely natural to homosexuals, but I think that they also need to learn the details (as in "how to go about it") from others. Perhaps even more so than heterosexuals? I don't know.

As a heterosexual, I may have an interesting example from when I was a kid, although I am not certain about how much I picked up from others. When my cousin developed breasts, I suddenly had a dream about kissing her crotch. It may have been Mother Nature saying "she's sexually mature, so it's time to think about her crotch area". Pretty strong stuff for a young boy, and pretty specific as well. I don't know if it qualifies as an instinct though.

4. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I think regardless of our sexuality, our instinct would be to have our own genitals touched in some way, any way we can. I believe the idea of gays having anal is only a stereotype and they're no more likely to desire it than the average heterosexual would. Similar to this stereotype would be the lesbian with a strap-on. I imagine that both gays and lesbians would find ways of mutually stimulating their genitals either manually, orally or through humping.

5. nyxx

nyxx New Member

i think its just for pleasure. as much as you think you like pussy, its actually the woman you like, heh. the only instinct humans have is for pleasure, by any means necessary. interesting thought though.

6. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

I worked with 3 lesbians before and one being quite open I know some lesbians love having something in, not a guy, but something, and oral sex,
    the rest of the sexual fun.
    As for gay men, not sure, maybe some don't like anal. whether giving or receiving. Being gay they would naturally, I assume, enjoy playing with, and sucking a man, and having a man do it back. When in heat, regardless of orientation things happen.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

I've known a few lesbians and actually shared a bed with a bisexual girl and a lesbian, and lesbians do have a primal craving for something inside their pussies: be it a dildo, a strap-on or whatever. Not all the time and not necessary for sexual satisfaction, oral sex mostly did that, but it was described to me as being very base and something that they really needed to have at certain times.

8. DazzleKitty

DazzleKitty New Member

I just wanted to pipe in and say this is a very interesting question and it is something I have wondered about too. I have a gay brother but I don't feel right asking him this, haha!

9. SexyBeto

SexyBeto New Member

I've always wondered if a lesbian needed something in her why not just take a dick? I mean it should do the job right? Or is it a pride or turn off?

10. nurseharley

Gold Member

you know, usually lesbians aren't physically/sexually attracted to men

11. flexible4fun

flexible4fun New Member

Sex isn't just about a physical need. It has a mental and emotional side. If it were, would you (a guy) nail another guy in the bum just to get off? Or let a guy suck you off for the same purpose?

Even getting away from the simplistic situations, there are times when a female (or male) may turn off prospective partners because of attitude, fitness level, or self-esteem.

12. Trond

Gold Member

I have to agree with Somewhatlovely here. If you like blowjobs, why don't you just let that gay guy do it for you? :lol Answer is simple: it's about sexual attraction and fantasies more than how exactly you get rubbed. Most lesbians don't want dick. End of story.