What if scenario..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by David4020, Aug 24, 2015.

1. David4020

Gold Member

A what if scenario.. I'm fed up with being portrayed as a bad person by some over the comments situation. So lets get to the bottom of the picture commenting situation. I've seen a few people over time mention pic comments, not only me. But never mind all that.

Now the people who do post pics i'm pretty sure the vast majority of those people post pics because they want to be commented, true then ? I'm pretty sure they don't want their pics just sitting there for weeks with barely no one or no one at all taking a blind bit of notice of them.

The what if scenario is this... your pictures that you've had up a little while imagine they have barely any comments or no comments.

Are people going to seriously tell me they wouldn't care they wouldn't think about it , would you not think 'what's wrong with me' ? For a start it's human nature. The fact is the vast majority of people if there honest here, they would care and think about it and many would think 'what is wrong with me'.

Most people on here if there really honest about this. They would feel the same way as I do if they were in the situation i've described above. I've seen people leave these kind of sites because no one took a blind bit of notice of their pics that they have bothered to post.

Fine if people don't post they don't post that's obviously up to them. But be realistic is all i'm saying here, i'd put money on the fact that the vast majority of people on here would feel how I've described above. If in that situation. If some people hate me for being realistic about this that's fine too.

#1 David4020, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    ply likes this.
  2. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

#TeamDSG Services GmbH - located Germany / UK
    Honesty is the best policy, but so too don't say anything if you haven't got anything nice to say.

I find some on here incapable of dealing with a difference in opinion.

SWOJLO and David4020 like this.
  3. David4020

Gold Member

I agree. It's all too easy to stay quiet and not rock the boat though, that is true. Of course it's up to everyone how they are though. Now if anyone wants to dispute why what I'm saying , isn't essentially true. Then that's of course fine.

4. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

Reasoned discussion is fine. But some and that is SOME here seem not to like anything which does not match their view of the world. Live and let live - those that matter not in life cannot affect your life journey.

5. David4020

Gold Member

Yep can be the case, but yep no ones gets on with everyone or agrees with everyone. I agree, when it comes down to it only the people you actually really care about can really hurt you.

6. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

I tend to find some think if you do not live in a country you cannot comment. I got stick for saying I really like Mr Obama. But hey oh guess my American Mom doesn't count ;) ha ha

But as I say each to their own. I will continue to think favourably of Mr Obama, even if some commentators try to claim he is the least British-liking President in a generation

7. David4020

Gold Member

Yeah that is crazy logic. It's all perfectly possible to even know more about something or someone in a another country , than some of the people living there may know.

8. doggiestylegirluk

Gold Member

It is but I find some here rather special and unique.

9. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

I have been doing adult forums since the 90's. Generally, people who post pics (most couples aside) are looking for positive approval and/or to have their ego's stroked. When this doesn't happen they either vanish, start a poor me campaign, or post the same/similar pics over and over again, wondering why they get the same result. This is mainly true of the "dick pic" posters. I've seen it happen before on other sites and more so here now, since pic hunter basically took over site, that so many guys think they have to introduce themselves with a dick pic. I learned long ago that if you are male, everyone presumes you have a cock. Most folks, male or female, could really care less if you have a big cock. People in a social setting tend to like to get to know someone before we see their junk. Guys yet are still surprised when they get from no comments, the yawn it's another dick pic comments, to the nice dick comments from just the bi and gay guys. Some people never learn. Shit like this has been going on since the dawn of the graphical internet. I guess that's why I liked this place better when the emphasis was on being a social discussion community, not on pic posting.

xx

whybother, SWOJLO and David4020 like this.
  10. David4020

Gold Member

Good post. Yep the dick pic as an introduction , and just having only a bunch of dick pics usually attracts very , very few people. If anyone at all. Yep ego's stroked glad someone is being honest about that. Of course no one posts pics not caring if they are commented or not. That's my opinion. The part what has annoyed me before is the pretence in my view that you see at times , the claims that some people reckon they don't care if no one commented them. An stroke their ego as you put it. Just be honest about it is my view. It's not a bad thing to be honest about. Basically it's human nature seeking validation.

11. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Maybe so David. I have been involved with adult forums for over 20 years. Not once in that time have I ever posted a dick pic publicly, nor sent one unsolicited. I'm neither shy nor small. I'm quite comfortable in my own skin. I have shared them privately on request with some folks I have gotten to know. I find being known, liked and asked much more flattering than some gratuitous comment I might get from a dick pick post.

What really makes me laugh about a lot of introductory dick pics is how so many guys manipulate the camera angle so their cock looks half as thick as their legs, or the old squeeze it hard and/or press the pubic mound in to make it look longer. They're only kidding themselves.

xx

whybother and ginger like this.
  12. David4020

Gold Member

There are a fair few people who in the end , they end up wishing they never posted public pics in the first place. And wish they kept it private only. I've thought this a few times too. Maybe the way you describe is a better way. But of course once anyone has posted publicly they can't undo that.

Yes the angle stuff.. photography skills are must on these sites really. LOL Mine are poor but too late now posted plenty of pics over time on these sites. Oh well.

13. David4020

Gold Member

I'm pretty sure there's plenty of dick only pics profiles around. Not that I actively look , but do know there have been a fair few. And like the other poster says quite often they just vanish in the end if they get no comments on their dick pics.

Of course it's up to them what pics to have. And if some people may like those profiles then they do. Obviously that is fair enough.

14. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

The site is doing fine. Many things have happened in the last 18 months and the culture of the site has changed a lot. The pichunter exodus is just one of the factors. The site culture also changed with the software change, the elimination of user mods and the elimination of specific places for photo/video content. I personally have seen good and bad come from all of the above. I never said in any way that the posting of male pics should be limited or eliminated.

My statement "introductory" was not meant to be limited to the "Member Introductions" sub forum here, as many new folks do not use this sub forum to introduce themselves, as well as I said "this site and others", as my opinion comes from 5 years of comings and goings on SF, as well as 20+ years on other sites. Some things don't change a lot, just because a lot has here.

xx

David4020 likes this.