What do you want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Squirt, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Squirt

Squirt New Member

Since the holidays are upon us, I thought I would start a fun little thread.

While I know there is so much more to Christmas than just gift giving/recieving, I want to know what everyone wants for Christmas! It can realistic or something in your wildest dreams. So what's it going to be?

Happy Holidays!

#1 Squirt, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
  2. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Re: What do you want for Christms?

I don't celebrate X-mas, but I want world peace. Pretty please?

...or a :hug emoticon for :sf :D

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'd love a pair of black leather gloves please. :) Interested parties may PM me if you want my mailing address. :p

4. Dreama

Gold Member

To be finished with my last damned paper! Due date: tomorrow at noon-1.5/10 pages completed. Oy! Call me a procrastinator, but having finals all week doesn't make for good paper writing conditions. Oh well, at least this all nighter is on a Friday night, the very last day of the semester!

5. igor

Gold Member

I would be happy if my wife would have less pain to be able to enjoy the holidays.

6. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

I'd like to get pregnant for Christmas.

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

So, how did it all turn out, Dreama?
    My son just got home; he had a huge English research paper due on the same day as his physics and organic chemistry exams. He did pretty well on all of them. He and 3 others were the only ones to pass the chem exam. Whew! He's 23 and finally really enjoying school. That makes my Christmas worth it all. That could go in the thankful thread.

8. Dreama

Gold Member

I got it finished, HR. Now I've nothing to worry about except relaxing. I feel pretty confident about my exam results-I mean, I don't know what I've got, but I know I had to have passed all of them with good grades. I do like college, so it is really worth it.

9. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I want my marriage to work out.

10. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Gee, I was going to say my first bj in 5-6 years, but that seems a little selfish now.

I'd like to see your marriage work out too, FC. Good luck!

11. Squirt

Squirt New Member

First I would like to apologize, I forgot the A in ChristmAs in the title! Typo I must have missed.

Since I haven't answered, right now I want my son to be home and not in the hospital sick with asthma! My heart is breaking more and more every second.

Other than that I would like my boyfriend to ask me to marry him. I know it's corny, but it's what I want.

12. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

That's nothing, Joe. I'm the selfish bitch of the forum. I mean, shame on me for asking for something as materialistic as a pair of gloves. Next time I'll ask for a cure for cancer.

How about we rephrase the question. What do you want for Christmas that can be wrapped up in a box and put under the tree?

(World Peace won't fit in a box.)

13. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

:( Ok, nothing then.

14. Dreama

Gold Member

OK-wrapped in a box, I want something thoughtful and pretty. I'm not picky. :)

BTW, I got an A on my last minute paper-hell yeah! (I got that x-mas wish fulfilled)

15. ccjcool

ccjcool New Member

I want my relationship to work out, too... :cry

16. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I know you do, but you are going to get it because it is not in a box!

17. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

That is because you are smart and thoughtful!

18. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Ok, in a box that can be wrapped? How about $$$ to go on a mission trip to Africa with my church so I can help kids who really have nothing? Or I could use the cash to sponsor a child from Belarus in my home so they can get medical and dental care and enjoy a little joy? Is that better?

19. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

This won't fit in a box but I did think of something I want that will benefit me as well a millions of Americans. (Americans deserve some consideration too, don't they?) What I want is for the US Government to bail out the student loans of every single college graduate in the US. It would be a fraction of the amount they spent to bail out the financial institutions, and it would allow us to become productive members of society, actively contributing to the economy, instead of being slaves to our debt and unable to buy houses or cars or much of anything because half of our monthly paycheck goes to paying our enormous student loan payment.

However, I don't think this will ever happen because the government cares nothing for us wage slaves. Our student debt keeps us indentured servants to the government from the day we graduate from college often until the day we die.

20. Dreama

Gold Member

I know! I've been lucky enough to go to a school that does actually care about this stuff-it's free tuition, only we all have 10 hour jobs and students pay room and board on a scale that is based based on Expected Family Contribution, though this isn't always great for students when parents don't help out. But, still-much better than the 11,000 my brother accrued from just one year of student loans-Oy! Now that I'm married and my spouse and I both attend college, neither one of us pays anything except rent. Before I was married I had a lot of trouble and had to take out 1,000 in a loan-(paid for since then). I thought it was the end of the world-but then, I remembered my brother, and others who have so much debt they can't function properly because they're always paying huge amounts toward it. My mom, for example, just got her masters and she did so because a school that hired her told her they would pay for it in full if she signed a contract with them for five years to work. At first they did pay it, but then after she'd finished, they canceled that deal and stuck her with the rest, which was still a bunch especially after attending the most expensive school in the state. Student loans enslave so many people-but the financial crisis only makes it worse.