What do you believe?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AGFUNK, Jan 7, 2013.

1. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I'm talking in forms of religion, etc. I'm generally curious as to what others believe. Please do be completely honest. However I don't want anyone shoving their beliefs on anyone else, no hate on others for their beliefs, no flaming or any of that. Be respectful as everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Please tell me why you believe what you believe, how it started, etc.

I shall make my own post later on when I have it all sorted into a post.

2. clamUp

clamUp Active Member

I believe that man has a tendency to invent a god for everything he can't otherwise explain, and man destroys gods when it becomes clear that a god wasn't necessary for whatever event man created the god for in the first place.

3. backcheck64

Gold Member

What so I believe.....There is no god...period. No heaven, no hell. When you die, you become worm food.

4. 12barblues

Gold Member

Imagine there's no heaven.....it's easy if you try......

My sig below, says how I feel....

5. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

I believe in God. I was raised by strict Roman Catholic parents and was an avid church goer until my late teens. There's a lot of things I don't agree with on the churches stances and views and how priests conduct themselves or the things they spew in their sermons hence why I stopped attending masses.

Regardless I still have a very large and active spiritual side. I have religious pictures, crucifixes, etc. that I proudly display and look at in my home. I also like to end my days be taking some time to pray and reflect on my day. My way of being spiritual. I don't force my views on anyone and I blow off comments when people tell me there is no God or my God is not the right one for me.

I'm contempt with my spiritual believes and views. It works for me :)

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I also was raised as a RC and until my late teens believed unquestionably then a few events took place which caused some doubts and that was the thin edge of the wedge.
    I now truly believe in nothing "spiritual" but am fascinated by what others do, probably because I cannot understand why the need exists and the extent to which people will invent or attribute things to some higher being.
    There is still a lot of wonder that as yet science does not explain but that does not automatically place them in the realm of God or whatever name given to that/those entities of human belief.

7. Texas_Red

Gold Member

For the longest time this is precisely what I thought. At this point I consider myself Agnostic, because I try to be open minded to other possibilities. I think man's knowledge of what is and is not is too limited and flawed to make an informed decision. That said, I do quickly become more Atheist in the company of those who proselytize and push their views without care of what the people around them think.

8. thegreatest100

Usually when a topic involves religion, race, and guns it never ends well, hope this thread doesn't go down the drain.

Just my beliefs, I believe religion is over used and abused by the preachers and followers. Who's to say who's religion is the correct one since there are many beliefs yet everyone thinks their beliefs are the only right one. I respect what everyone believes in but I can't stand extremist.

One time a bunch of my buddies were waiting for a ride and a group of religious people came and try to talk to use about god and wanting us to pray with them. All of my buddies ignored them, kind of moved away. I was being respectful even though I didn't want to hear any of it. One old lady said to me that I'm going to heaven, but all of my friends are going to hell. Right in my face. That is not doing gods work.

9. OverSinged

Gold Member

Another agnostic here. I don't really think there's any gods, and I'm fairly sure most of the ones we know of aren't genuine, but there is a chance there is some random god using us as his plaything.

Though, if I ever did get around to believing, I'd probably follow Nemesis or Gilean. Former's Greek/Roman, while the latter's from the Dragonlance novels.

10. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

I believe in evidence. Easy as that. In terms of religions, they have all been created by people and are all works of fiction thus I don't have a religion.

The way I reached this conclusion is the standard one I'm afraid. I was brought up with christianity in the background. It was not something that was practised but there were certain people who told me that it was the truth and being a child I believed them. (very dangerous to tell a child that things are true when they are not because they will blieve it)

When I developed my ability for logic and rational thought these old "truths" got put to the test just like everything else in my life however they failed and failed hard so I discarded christianity as bogus.
    Now I wasn't smart enough at the time to apply the same logic to other religions so naturally I looked elsewhere for answers. I ended up in pagan religions and started to explore that.

Thankfully I soon put it to the test as well and it failed too. Now I was able to readily apply my logic to all religions which I did and came to the conclusion that religions are a man made fiction that can be a form of comfort in the face of the fear of the unknown. However, to me the unknown is just an invite for exploration but that exploration needs to be based on evidence and evidence alone. I don't believe in any religion and never will.

#10 Everett_Spair, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  11. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Be rest assured......big brother will be watching....:lol
    Sort of expected when you consider the many differing views on the aforementioned topics......:eyes

12. mrcock

Gold Member

I am an atheist

13. Barbwire

Gold Member

I believe in science.

14. redfish961

redfish961 New Member

I was brought up Catholic and was absolutely astounded by the reaction when I divorced.

Same people I had known for years that I somehow had wronged by my ex-wife running away with a known cocaine dealer and leaving me with the kids.

In hindsight, glad it happened because it gave me a chance to disassociate myself from those hypocritical losers (that particular group of people specifically).

I'm an "ashes to ashes and dust to dust" guy know and have been for nearly 20 years....and I can fuck anyone I want without disdain :)

15. backcheck64

Gold Member

twice in one day, if there was a hell, it just froze over.

16. Barbwire

Gold Member

True dat.

17. CurvedUp

CurvedUp Member

This is interesting.

18. Clintriprock

Gold Member

We're a science class experiment from some kid in another galaxy. He really fucked with us by giving some guys big dicks and some guys small dicks and then wired women completely different than men. I hope he's getting a good laugh out of the whole thing

I will tell you though in 20 foot surf there are no atheists

19. mrcock

Gold Member

atheists worldwide 140 millions compared to 6.8 billions that are not

20. I'm a Christian. I don't push my beliefs on people as you all well know.
    I see things a little differently sexually (or I wouldn't be here haha) than most Christians.