What do the gals typically think of weight lifters who are addicted to the gym?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by enz660, Apr 5, 2008.

1. enz660

enz660 New Member

Im simply curious as to what the gal's typical thoughts are when they see a muscular man. I think It depends on if the guy is wearing a small, tight t-shirt or a normal looking shirt (but you can still tell the man is muscular). Or does it go: Muscle = Meathead, nothing in the brain, penis compensation, etc etc..

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. Dreama

Gold Member

I typically think that muscular men simply like to take care of themselves. I'm not particularly attracted to, or not attracted to muscular men, really. The guy's personality is really what sells the attraction. I mean, for many people, exercise is a way to preserve the body and mind. Take my dad, for instance. He used to weigh 350, and was well on his way to hell in a hand basket. He now spends hours a day being active, and exercising, because he had to reprogram himself to enjoy the act of being active. He loves knowing that he's not that 350 pound man he used to be, and is now enjoying an exciting life of rock climbing and other things he never saw himself doing. I don't think anyone should be ingesting steroids or anything like that. Perfectly healthy muscular men just seem to be taking care of themselves, therefore, I don't see them as anything but what they are.

3. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

When I see muscle-bound men I like to look, but my experience is that they are more into themselves than they could ever be into a woman, no pun intended. I agree with Dreama that healthy exercise and fitness is one thing, but a man who spends more time in front of a mirror than me is not my idea of hot and sexy, no matter how chiseled his bod is. I am not saying it is wrong or bad, just not for me.

4. enz660

enz660 New Member

understandable. From other people's responses, they first see a muscular person as a meat head, and you have to prove to them that you are more than that through words, etc etc. Not to be "into myself" but I feel like im showing off and being a mead heat any time I am wearing a t shirt, or anything that shows my arms.

Nowadays I can catch people looking at parts of me, rather than my face when I talk to someone, or when they are simply sitting far away. Kinda like when a guy glances at a girl's breasts when hes talking to the woman. I'm not used to this, feels strange, don't know how to respond.

5. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, I definately don't want to be misunderstood....I don't like a man that looks in the mirror more than I do...I'm not into self-absorbed men, that's for sure. But if one simply has an active lifestyle, there is nothing wrong with having muscles.

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

From a totally physical-attraction standpoint, I have never been attracted to men that I can outline and count all 639 separate muscles in his body. Add to that, seeing the veins pop out, as if trying to find breathing room? .... Makes me feel like I'm looking at an anatomy project.

*REMINDER*: I said "from a totally physical-attraction standpoint" , as I realized that that's only the outside. I'm not judging his character - just my opinion on the appearance. I'm more attracted to a man who obviously takes care of his physical fitness (perhaps some gentle definition around his abs, etc), is active, and weight-proportionate.

7. Dreama

Gold Member

That's more my opinion, Rose.

8. Halogen

Halogen New Member

I think those men who do nothing but work out and brag about how much they can bench are lame-o's. Obviously some kind of women like them, though. To each their own.

Personally, it's about 25% looks and 75% the vibe he gives off. I'd like to think I can see a person's beauty from the inside, even if they're not conventionally attractive on the outside. So far I haven't missed the mark.

9. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Maybe I'm selfish, but I feel that a guy who is a total fitness freak and who lives in the gym would probably consider working out more important than his relationship with me. For example if I had a nice dinner waiting for him, he'd probably refuse to eat it because he was planning on working out later.

This exact thing happened to my dear sweet grandmother. My younger half-sister was staying with her and her dad came to pick her up and take her home. My grandma had made a fabulous homemade lasagna with salad and garlic bread, but my sister's dad said, "Nah...I'm not going to eat right now" because it would interfere with his plans to work out later. My grandmother was mortified.

#9 Puss_in_boots, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  10. Bluesy

Gold Member

My sentiments exactly. I've simply never dated, or known, a handsome hunk who wasn't a vain womanizing jerk. That certainly doesn't mean the good kind aren't out there, of course. I don't want to generalize, but I do think it's true that most woman automatically associate muscles with ego...so you'd maybe have to work a bit harder to emphasize your sterling personality and range of interests, but, hey, at least you've got the sort of exterior qualities that will get their attention in the first place ;) And I really think you ought to send me a full-body picture so I can share my first impressions. I really, really think you should :D

11. enz660

enz660 New Member

haha ooookkk...

Like I said, This is a 1 year transformation for me, I used to have a gut, but my profession right now is graphics/information design, not really meadhead material.

[​IMG]

more here:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?ppuser=3911153&cat=500

12. Halogen

Halogen New Member

Wait, are you saying you're a nice guy with a decent bod? :brow :lol

13. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

:drool

14. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

[​IMG]

DAMN!
    FYI: Any man who has a smaller waistline than me...? I'll find some reason to dislike him :yell

Of course, I'm sure you're not losing sleep about what a 53-year-old grandma thinks :rofl

#14 Rose, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  15. Bella

Gold Member

First thought is ... [​IMG]

...and then reality kicks in & I think...

he's probably just a [​IMG]

~Bella

16. enz660

enz660 New Member

yep, time to get fat again...

thats nice

17. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I don't think she meant you, ENZ! I think she meant pre-assumed notions in general...

BD

18. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I don't see muscular men as "meat heads", if that means no brains to you. Do you like the fact that people stare at your body rather than your face? It seems that you don't. When I catch someone who I am not intimate with staring at a body part instead of looking at me when I am talking I usually ask them if they like what they see or ask what they are staring at. Rude? Perhaps, but it either gets the intended action or sends them packing. I really don't care which.

People are superficial dude, which is exactly why I assume all bodybuilders are vain. If it bothers you to get stares, then don't wear tight t-shirts :)

19. Bella

Gold Member

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone!
    I thought the question was a generalization is all.
    That is what I thought of first & I wasn't talking about any certain person. -Sorry!
    Damn, back for only a day & I'm already pissin folks off!
    My Bad!! :(
    ~Bella

20. enz660

enz660 New Member

not offended in the least, you were simply stating your opinion, understandable. But like any other guy, the reason guy's start lifting weights is to be more attractive to the females, based upon their opinions. No worries hun.