what do gay guys think of bi guys?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Samurai, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Samurai

Samurai New Member

I've heard on some sites that some gay men find bi men threatening, was wondering what you guys think. It's very frustrating having these bisexual feelings, I wish there was a switch to just flip to straight or gay *sigh*

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

If you had a chance, which way would you flip?

3. Samurai

Samurai New Member

I haven't been with a man yet so I can't really compare but I'd choose straight only because it's more socially accepted.

I'm still in the closet about being bi, but I think talking about it here will bring me closer to coming out

4. xo0zeron0ox

xo0zeron0ox New Member

Im bi...Ive had no one thats gay find me threatening ...I dont THINK *nervous*

5. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Bi guys I don't have a problem with...

6. farspark

farspark New Member

Most people when they first meet me seem to assume I'm gay. When they find out I have a female partner, they then assume I'm straight! Except for the gay guys who immediately assume I'm 'living a lie'... (I think it was Socrates who said 'Know thyself'... I go for that one, and no longer worry about the labels.... but on paper, I'm 'bi'.)

But everyone is nice, and not threatened in my experience.

7. jnrain

jnrain New Member

I have never found bi guys threatening, they're just guys like any others.

8. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant New Member

Never understood that. But everyone has their own tastes. Some gay guys wil only meet bi guys. Others will only meet other gay guys. I guess they are afraid of being compared? People are people - we all have a little bi in us whether we want to admit it or not. I was married & had a kid - yet the military knew about me & all my friends. No problems & not once did I ever hear a negative comment. At least not until I moved to LA & met some "WeHo" people. Odd how we treat each other.

9. touchzing

touchzing New Member

Many of my gay friends have no problem having sex with a bisexual guy but want a gay man for a relationship. I understand that for many bisexual men are either married or actively involved with a woman so they are not emotionally available. Some of my gay friends believe if a bisexual man gets into a committed relationship with another man that he must be gay and not really bisexual.