What are You Scared of [OR] Faux

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Essene, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Essene

Gold Member

Who on here is pretending to be something they'd not?

It can be as simple as "[O]h! I never actually played the flute. I meant the meat flute," or "I'm not actually a male/female."

I doubt that this will have many responders-of-truth since the internet provides a perfect veil/guise.

You pick one. List a fear- or list something you've lied about. It's truth or dare; but really it's truth or better truth.

Mine is- I'm scared of mosquitoes. They freak, literal usage of the word, me out.

2. BigTitLover

Gold Member

Scared of stairs. Fell down a flight of stairs little over a year ago, broke my back. Look sideways an all stairs now.

3. Amature

Gold Member

I hate liars. I don't pretend to be anyone else other than who I am. I don't want to be made fun off or looked on as ignorant. I guess that's my biggest fear.

4. mrcock

Gold Member

I am afraid the most of the misinformation

I hate the most sectarians, which to me are everyone, who are not atheists

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

I am no different online then I am in person. I would rather withhold information about myself than lie.
    My only minor fib is my location. I live outside of Orlando. If I listed my actual town, nobody would believe it's an actual city.

I have a very bad fear of water though. Bodies of water to be exact. I go into extreme panic attacks if I step into the ocean or someone tries to rough house with me in the pool. I can swim perfectly, I enjoy being in the pool but the moment someone touches me, I lose it. I can't deal with the ocean if I can't clearly see the bottom and everything around me. You couldn't pay me to go into a lake either.

#5 Mittimer, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  6. igor

Gold Member

I have acrophobia. I can't get more than 6 feet off the ground on a ladder or drive across certain bridges. Flying however, does not bother me.

7. Itouchtomuch

Itouchtomuch New Member

I am like that about water, I can swim in a pool but anything where I can't see the bottom, I'm out. I have swam in lakes, and the ocean a couple of times when I was younger. Its a fear that seems to have developed somewhere in my adult years.
    Also I don't like spiders. The little ones don't bother me to bad but the big furry ones are to much.:eek:utahere

8. almostthere

Gold Member

My two biggest fears are snakes, cant even touch a dead one, and the thought of being unable to support my family scares me to death. I know it may sound odd but, if i think about losing my ability to provide i sweat and have even teared up. I think thats what drives me in the work place,fear and paranoia. Throw in some anxiety and you have, ME!

9. suzy7

Gold Member

wow, you are very near,now let's see, do you live nearest to the 400 or the 408 ? Maybe north in Winter Park-just hard to believe name in Florida, lol.

10. Itouchtomuch

Itouchtomuch New Member

I'm right with you on the ability to provide for your family. I hurt my back on the job several years ago, it still causes problems now and then. I'm just waiting for the inevitable when I am unable to work anymore, The kind of work I do anyway. Just hoping my wife can finish her education before that happens.

11. Essene

Gold Member

I'm a Christian. Yet I don't hate you and completely respect your freedom to choose to believe whatever it is that you want to believe.

Do you hate me knowing that I am, at most, the complete opposite of an atheist?

I'm like that too. I can't swim perfectly, though. My bone and muscle density make it more difficult.

Crossing over those metal grate bridges... USED TO BE SIMPLY THE WORSE experience for me (give or take a couple).

This shit...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Yaher1kvA...zkjPw/s1600/Sept+2011+Mac+Bridge+Walk+138.JPG

http://www.pako.us/mc/up&grr/UP&GRR_Web_Pics/0607090070_Riding_MetalGrate_MackinacBridge.jpg

http://greatlakesgazette.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/bridge-walk-grate_2912.jpg

No... no... and fuck NO.

Even just looking at it in picture form kind of freaks me out. I know it's illogical. But I'm also agoraphobic and bodies of water... yeah..

Edit:

I tried using the re-sizing tool; but it didn't seem to work very well. SO I just linked the photo.

#11 Essene, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  12. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I pretty much am also the same way online that I would be IRL given the situations. I know it's easy for people to just dismiss me as an asshole though because I tend to debate a lot because I value factual info or I have a different view/opinion on something, which leads to challenging things and getting into debate where some may not be looking for it. Not to say things don't get heated and I may legitimately become an asshole at points, it's just not my intention the majority of the time. I know misinterpretation of words online can cause issues too at times. I'm actually generally a moderate and laid back person, believing in live and let live and wishing people would leave each other the fuck alone more often. It's just easy to get wound up over various injustices and people being willfully ignorant, etc.

I don't have any phobias that I know of yet.

13. almostthere

Gold Member

Sounds like me with my back. Laid up a few weeks this year already. And if i cant lift i cant work

14. mrcock

Gold Member

nah

not exact cases

generally

15. Essene

Gold Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

My nigga'

16. mrcock

Gold Member

aahaahaha

17. Essene

Gold Member

Thought I'd use that line for one of the very few times I act oddly.

18. GR33DDY

GR33DDY New Member

I too can sympathize with the fear of not being able to look after my family, I had........how do I put this............a "difficult" childhood and was left to fend for myself quite often.

I dread the thought of my daughter EVER feeling unwanted, unloved or helpless. The only problem is it makes me very over protective at times :(

My other personal big fear is for some reason large concentrated crowds. This one I don't completely understand as in my younger party days, you would find me dazed out of my brain at some rave party every weekend.

The anxiety came about AFTER I got clean and sorted my shit out, now crowds make me break into a sweat and I can't think straight........go figure

19. htoad

htoad Active Member

I fear being financially dependent on others or on the government. I was raised on a large family by loving parents who did not have much but taught us in word and in deed everything they could to make us independent. Perhaps it has led be to be a workaholic at times but I just could not stand having to ask others for money or material things. If I want something I would rather take additional jobs or do additional work to earn the money for it. I have been fortunate to achieve financial independence for the lifestyle I desire.