What Are You Looking For in 2012?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

I was never all that impressed with Obama to begin with, thinking of him as merely a Novelty President, someone you just vote for cause it'd be cool to help elect our first Black President but not much else. But on the other hand, it's good to know that he was able to put his foot in the door for a good Black President to know it can be done. But once he was elected I had hoped he'd be hte next Reagan or Clinton...but apparently not. But heres what i hope for the next President (but will never get)

Legalize Gay Marriage, nationwide.

End The War on Drugs

End the Overseas Wars (they have been more devastating to our economy and on human life than 9/11 or any terrorist attack it could prevent)

End Taxation On The Poor and make up the difference with Corporate Taxes

Get Us Off Foreign Oil and Embrace A Self-Sufficient Energy Policy

Work hard on a Two-State Solution

Cut Unnecessary Spending

Eliminate The Federal Deficit

Create A Budget Surplus

Create Jobs by encouraging new industries and reduce taxation on small businesses

Reexamine Line By Line Our Budget (perhaps allowing popular vote to decide)

Enforce a sliding scale on Congress (both senate and house) for their salaries, make them all work for the average income of the people they represent. If you want higher pay, work hard to improve their conditions (or allow voters to determine their salary) and for those who don't need the salary, let them work for free, allowing only those who want to help the people run.

Cap or eliminate corporate bonuses and salaries, and let them use the money to hire more people or invest rather than a mansion upgrade

universal health care (once we get our economy in order)

just a few things lol whats your ideas?

2. backcheck64

Gold Member

I agree with most of those, but as far as small business...on Mom and Pop businesses yes. BUt the Republicans consider a corporations with 500 employees or less as a "small business". The problem is, that theory is slightly flawed. Business can write off new employees, new equipment, expansions and such to avoid taxes, there by creating jobs. If you just cut taxes, that money goes into the pockets of the CEOs and offshore bank accounts, doing nothing or even hurting the economy further.

One thing they need to do is when it comes to purchases by the government, fed or state, those products have to be made in the US, by Americans, and I'm not counting Canadians or Mexicans.

We need to scrap NAFTA yesterday. And institute some tarriffs.

And as the Daily SHow pointed out, we need to declare WAR on Canada, since they supply twice the oil of the Arabs. Over 40% of all the oil we import is Canadian.

WE also need to revert to some laws that controlled Wall Street speculation. We are being raped at the pump when there is an absolute glut of oil. Our reserves are at capacity, our refineries are only operating at 85% because there is no where to go with the gas, yet we are being fucked at the pump and the oil companies are making RECORD profits on the backs of the working folk.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

What Am I Looking For in 2012?

[MOUSE]More ham sandwiches![/MOUSE]

4. Kermit

Gold Member

Yes invade both Canada and Mexico..rule the entire continent!

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm really looking for 2 things in 2012.

Legalizing gay marriage and making pot legal. Neither should under any circumstances be against the law.

6. dukefan

dukefan New Member

Right now I really like Herman Cain. He seems to use a common sense approach, and he has actually ran a company. Maybe what we need is to run the country like a business.

Also he is a supporter of the fair tax, and I am a huge fan of that. Not going into all the details but read up on it.

One of my tax pet peeves just past with people getting huge refunds from the irs. I know some people can't afford to pay taxes and I am fine with that, but if a person only paid 500 bucks in for the entire year a five thousand dollar refund is absurd.

Legalize drugs, it would allow regulation and for them to be taxed like boos and cigs. People are going to use drugs regardless and its obvious we can't stop the dealers so let's flip the switch.

With taxing big business more, its like a double edged sword. Who decides who's making too much? And most of us work to make the most money that we can, so if someone legally makes a ton of money why should they be punished? I am by no means rich, but where does it stop once we start?

Just my two cents and really hate to get into politics on a sexual forum

7. igor

Gold Member

You know I am a ham :lol

8. awakened

awakened New Member

I was thinking more on those terms too !!!!! lol:lol

9. Druthers

Druthers New Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We were hoping it would take you a lot longer to figure this out... the Beaver Army Defense Perimeter of Latitudinal Arrays Network isn't even operational yet...

10. Maverick

Maverick Member

Historically, we bought Canada during WW1 for exactly 1 billion dollars. Little known historical fact. ;)

And we're all gonna die in 2012, so let's elect Shariff Al Qaeda Muhammed Jones to be the Prez.

11. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

You remember Reaganomics and the weapon and drug smuggling he authorized right?

Lets see:
    • Pull out of Iraq / Afghanistan for good
    • Stop spending billions trying to be the worlds police
    • Get rib of looking the other way for congressmen taking bribes from big oil/tobacco...
    • End the war on drugs
    • Legalize ********* for both recreational and medicinal use and tax it (the industry is currently the USA's #1 cash crop, bigger than corn and tobacco combined, only 2 billion of it is taxed, and it's not like the laws are stopping anyone anyway)
    • Legalize psilocybin for recreational use (according to the CDC, it's actually even more benign than ***)
    • Complete gay rights (including marriage)
    • Slash the military's budget
    • Stricter gun control (you should only mind a background check if you have something to hide)
    • Fix the education system (stop pandering to the future gas station attendants and teach the future doctor and engineers better)
    • More banking regulations
    • Loose the wall between us and Mexico (Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free)
    • Enforce the Can-Spam act
    • Make it illegal for pharmaceutical companies to bribe doctors
    • True Europe-style socialized medicine (All the Fox News scare tactics about death councils and long waits are bullshit, my company is from France, they know first hand) "If Stephen Hawking was British he would be dead by now" ... uh ... can't tell if trolling or stupid ... :p
    • Much harsher punishment for police brutality (prison time and million dollar fines)
    • Greener carbon caps
    • Lose the tariffs on hyper fuel efficient cars (did you know the Chinese have laws saying cars must get more than 45mpg, thats the MINIMUM)
    • More money into clean energy research
    • Stop censoring TV (it's on the net uncensored, all services offer content blocking, stop censoring it for us adults. Sure, kids can watch Jason cut a man in half, but the world will end if he hears fuck or sees a nipple)

Well, there's my hippy-ass wish list. I'd be happy if Obama can do a quarter of them in his next term. I await the infraction for mentioning drugs.

#11 ninja08hippie, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  12. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

More pussy

Less liberal assholes

Seeing Mayweather finally man up to Pacquiao

and did I say more pussy?