What are the best books, DVDs or general information to improve your ability in bed?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by millionquestionman, Jan 3, 2011.

1. millionquestionman

millionquestionman New Member

Hi Its hard to find out whos who in the world of sex ie the best authors on the subject the best teachers the best gurus or the best products that will improve your ability in bed.

I have a girlfriend to practice on already but Im not satisfied with just practice I want to be REALLY exceptional its like my passion in life!

So the best sources of information you have found so far or if you dont know of any how would you find out where the best info is!?

Kind regards!

2. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Re: What are the best books, DVDs or general information to improve your ability in b

Ive moved this to the general discussion forums so you may get better results.

Welcome to SF......:D

3. millionquestionman

millionquestionman New Member

Re: What are the best books, DVDs or general information to improve your ability in b

Cool thanks mate! :) :)

4. Woody81

Woody81 Member

Nina Hartley has put out some how-to DVDs. ie. How-to have anal sex, oral, bondage, etc. I've never bought them, but a buddy of mine aqquired some of them and said they're really helpful.

5. igor

Gold Member

I have seen some of the Nina Hartley videos on line (free) and I was not all that impressed. If they are the same as what she sells then I would maybe try one but use caution. There are some put out by Sinclaire that are supposed to be pretty good but I have not seen any of them.

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

I have seen some of the videos (now DVDs) from the Sinclair Institute, and they were very good.

7. andretti

andretti New Member

Remember the adage, "Experience is the best teacher." Communication doesn't hurt, either. And patience is a virtue, too.

The problem with sexual how-to books is that everyone is different. A book might tell you the "right" way to do something, but that might be something your partner doesn't like at all. Also, the advice you read may come very unnatural to you, making you feel awkward (something she is likely to sense).

I guess there's nothing wrong with trying to read something, but my advice would be to keep communication channels open first, and then take everything you read externally with a grain of salt.

That all said, a lot of men's magazines have sex columns, so you can try those, if you really want to read something. The mags could be better than a book, too, because the advice is more likely to be varied. But as I said, don't take anything as gospel, just because it's in print.

8. igor

Gold Member

Slightly off topic, but speaking of Nina Hartley, I see where she is asking for monetary contributions to help her get by after she is home recovering from surgery. I am thinking WTF? Is she that broke? Doesn't her hubby work?" Doesn't she get paid big $$ for her appearances & video sales?:ugh

9. lbushwalker

Gold Member

The American Tristan Taormino's series of Vivid Ed DVD are pretty good too as are the English Lover's Guide series.