What anal toy should I get?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Lindsey5392, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Lindsey5392

Lindsey5392 New Member

I am fairly new to sex, but I tried anal recently and enjoyed it. I now need to practice it on my own to see what I'll like, and to have a toy to use with my partner. Any advice on what I should get? Should I just get a dildo that's his size?

I also could use some advice on lube. Will a water-based lube work? I know there are specialty anal lubes, but I was reading warnings about the numbing ones (benzocaine) often leading to injury, so I'm not too sure on those.

2. one20inafiftyfive

My wife and I were essentially anal virgins until recently.

We discovered the need to use plenty of lube, but it doesn't have to be dripping. (we've tried Uberlube and Lelo Personal Moisturizer, both of which are excellent, but the Lelo doesn't taste good - it's sweet and it totally counters the natural taste of my wife's pussy, so once we go with that, no more oral for that session.)Lelo Personal Moisturizer is silicone safe, which is why we purchased it for use with ourLelo Ina vibe. My wife prefers the Uberlube because of the moisturized feeling she says persists for days. It's tasteless, so it doesn't interfere with oral. It's expensive, but it doesn't require much. The creators thought of everything: It's a pump, so one handed operation is easy; there's no lid or cap either; the bottle is small and unassuming. Uberlube is silicone-based, so you shouldn't use it with silicone toys. I really can't speak highly enough about this incredible lube.

I would avoid benzocaine or any lube with numbing agents. Pain is your body's way of telling you when you've gone --- or are going --- too far. A numbing agent masks that, and you could theoretically cause some tearing before you know it.

I'd never go straight to anal play without first doing lots of pussy play. This relaxes everything down there.

Then, my wife's ass can take my thumb with only a little coaxing. I also like rimming and she doesn't object, butt that's up to you. Then, only after plenty of massaging, she can take 2 fingers. That's it. I've never tried more than that. Then, she can take my dick just fine, and she likes it.

So, in our first venture for actual anal toys, I did an extensive search and found that vibrating plugs are highly regarded. They are not intended to be pulled out and reinserted like a dildo. You put it in and leave it in, and it vibrates. Some of the reviews on vibrating plugs ding them on the fact that the vibration only takes place at the tip of the plug, where the desired sensation should be at the neck, where the sphincter is. By design, it's hard to place a motor in that location and expect it to conduct throughout the entire plug. That's when plug composition materials play a huge role. We heard good reviews about this,Clear Jelly Plug Anal Vibrator. It's "jelly" rubber and it's waterproof. Waterproof was an essential for me in that I wanted to be able to clean it entirely with soap and water. Due to its composition, the motor conducts throughout the entire plug, and it's whisper quiet.

I gave you all the back story to explain this. The vibrating plug I mentioned is not always regarded as a toy for anal beginners. I bought it because it was so cheap, and I had a coupon. My thoughts were that even if we could not use it, it wouldn't be a huge loss - only about $17 shipped. Admittedly, it does look rather imposing when you first have it in your hands. However, for anal beginners such as us, with my wife tolerating 2 fingers max, this plug fit perfectly with careful slow insertion. It was incredibly hot!

In addition to being waterproof, it meets all the other criteria necessary for such toys:

1. It has the correct tapering for easy insertion and for staying put.
    2. It has the necessary external "wings" to ensure it can't go too far.
    I can't speak to longevity, because we've only used it once, but for the price versus experience, I feel I got my money's worth already.

We have not yet tried beads, but I'm looking forward to it. I love putting things into her and watching her respond.

Please give feedback as to your results. Maybe we'll try something you've enjoyed.

Good luck!

#2 one20inafiftyfive, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
  3. one20inafiftyfive

Sorry, RN2...

I shouldn't have posted actual links to an adult toy site. My apologies. I do appreciate your editing my post as opposed to just deleting it altogether. Thanks.

4. lilychen

lilychen New Member

Butt plugs are shorter than dildo and it can help you prepare for anal sex

@one20inafiftyfive beads are awesome we had tried using such kind of toys and it was indeed a great experience.

5. sexpositive

sexpositive New Member

The most important thing when playing with anal toys is to make sure that the toy has a base that you can hold onto and make sure that it doesn't end up inside of you permanently. More Anal 101 stuff here: Anal Basics: No Base, Without a Trace - YouTube