What a weekend!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

Let me tell you about my weekend.

Friday, I woke with a headache that made my sinuses hurt. I could not just go back to bed and relax until it passed because school had a two hour delay, and I had two other boys to watch besides my own son. Seeing how crappy I felt, my husband was kind enough to feed and water my horses, and keep the kids occupied and fed until he had to go to work.

As the morning progressed, my headache got worse and worse, and with the additional pain, I felt like at any moment I would vomit. I sent the boys out to catch the bus at 10:00 and by 10:10 I began what was to become 4 solid hours of violent vomiting. At this point, the headache had turned to a full-fledged migraine and I was seeing flashes of light behind my closed lids that were akin to a strobe light. I became dizzy and started having episodes of chills and sweating.

Finally, I called my husband at work and he rushed home to be with me. This was no small thing as he is incredibly busy at work right now, and cannot afford to miss any time. When he got home, he never complained and started nursing me straight away. He brought me cold washcloths for my head, chipped ice for me to suck on, and rubbed my neck and shoulders. He did not leave my side except when I rushed to the bathroom to vomit.

He begged to take me to the emergency room, but I had been that route before and knew that the bright lights and chaos would only make me sicker. I probably could have benefited from the usual course of a morphine drip and IV fluids, but I wanted to stay home. I could see how torn my husband was as he tended to me, and I felt a pang of guilt for making him worry so much.

My son had gone to stay at his friend's for the weekend and when I woke the next day it was well after 10 am. My husband had fed the horses for me and quietly started cleaning the house and doing the domestic chores that I would normally do. He brought me tea and dry toast and insisted I stay in bed even though I felt better.

I felt so much better, in fact, that by mid day I was ready to show him how much I appreciated him, and we had some very meaningful alone time. (hee, hee) After that, he got up and made dinner, then baked cookies and fed my horses again. He did all this without being asked or complaining at all.

We ended up making love again later that night before my headache returned and once again he went into nurse mode and took care of me. This time, I was able to sleep before the pain got too intense and I slept until the next morning.

When I awoke, I looked out the window to see my husband snowblowing, shoveling and feeding my horses. He came in and made breakfast for the two of us, then wrapped the majority of our Christmas presents.Later, he made lunch, picked up our son, and made dinner again.

I did a lot of thinking this weekend, and I realized how fortunate I am to have a man like my husband, but it didn't really hit home until one of the women I babysit for dropped off her son this morning. As her son rushed upstairs to play, (there is another 2 hour delay because of weather) I saw his mother was hurting and we talked for about 20 minutes. I was disgusted and appalled at some of the things she told me about her asshole husband. I could not believe how she and her son were forced to live under his tyranny.

After she left, I went upstairs to my bedroom where my husband was getting ready for work. I went to him and just held him for the longest time, inhaling his aftershave and feeling the warmth of his skin on my cheek. I told him how much he was loved and appreciated and how wonderful he was.

I know I come here and complain about him and how things are in the bedroom with us, but after this weekend, I realize those things are nothing compared to all the truly loving things he does for me, our son and even my horses, who he doesn't even ride. He is truly a blessing and an incredible man. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I am so very glad he is mine and I am his.

2. heelfetish

Gold Member

I was truly hoping to read something like this from you, CL. I know your bedroom issues must be bordering on infuriating, however your husband seems like a loving and caring individual. I sincerely hope you two can expand your love and understanding and grow close and closer together as time goes on.

3. cook74

Gold Member

That is so sweet CL. One of your nicest posts, and I feel really happy for you that you guys are getting closer, especially at this time of year. Hope you are feeling better. :)

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

I'm sorry you were feeling so ill, but it's great to read about the new appreciation for your hubby.

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

I know it sounds odd to say this, but I think he came to appreciate me more this weekend, also. I believe that has a lot to do with our ability to communicate on a level we haven't been able to achieve before. I feel this deeper understanding of one another has strengthened our bond.

I hope things continue on the same plain as they are now, but only time will tell. I think we've made some positive steps in the right direction, at least. :)

6. Dreama

Gold Member

Sounds like things have improved, CL...I certainly hope things stay like this, and that you both remain happy with one another. Hugs!!

7. Bluesy

Gold Member

Awww, I love stories like this! Your life is now officially Sappy Holiday TV-Movie Script worthy! :D ;) Seriously, that is wonderful...it made me feel all warm 'n fuzzy. I hope this is the start of a new chapter for you guys :) (Did you see the writer pun there? That was just for you, babe!)

8. charged

charged New Member

That is GREAT news CL. I'm real happy for you. I was hoping he'd wakeup and realize what a fine woman he has.;)

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thank you everyone,for your kind words and well wishes.

Currently, the spouse is away on business and won't be back til Friday. I hope he comes back all horny 'n' stuff because I'm rammy like nobody's bidness!

Let us pray. :lol

10. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Oh Dear CL, I am so glad to hear this story from you. My husband is great like that too. When I don't feel well or have migraines, or anxiety attacks or whatever, he is always there doing what needs to be done. Isn't it wonderful to have a loving, kind, and attentive man? No matter what we go through with them sexually or emotionally, we must always remember that the devotion and love is what is important. Great sex is a bonus. You nailed it. Many women would kill for husbands like ours, and I have to check myself daily to make sure that mine knows he is loved. Good for you. This could not have happened to a better woman! Hugs!!!!

11. Barbwire

Gold Member

Gosh, you're so sweet, I could just eat you with a spoon. Thanks, hon. :)

12. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

CL I'm happy about the way things went
    the day you were down, Sounds like a loving Husband to me.
    I just wish, that at the end of the day He had fucked the
    living shit out of you.
    Then we could all celebrate a new beginning.
    But be glad that some things are good.
    But you know that we all love you CL.

Hiker

13. Barbwire

Gold Member

Actually, Hiker, he did. Go to the Erotic Lit forum and you will see it written about, in great detail, in two separate stories.

Oh, and thanks for the love, baby. :D