We're Not Afraid

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thorn, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorn

Gold Member

We're Not Afraid is a website started by a Britt after the subway bombings in London to let the terrorist know that they can't win and to help the world deal with their fears and be brave. I heard about the website on the news yesterday. You can send in pics and comments and they will post them on the site. Even people who lost love ones or were injured in the subway blast have sent pics and comments. One simply said, "I lost a friend in the bombings and I AM NOT AFRAID."

Please take a look:
    http://www.werenotafraid.com

2. Kisses

Kisses New Member

That is a neat website.

3. Thorn

Gold Member

I thought it was pretty cool cuz they keep it non political and don't allow any religious statements. :cool

4. Logger

Gold Member

The wearenotafraid website misses the point of what W calls Terrorism.

Terrorists are not intersted in Fear. They are interested in respect from the West for the Palestinian people, and other Islamic people who are the target Western Military intervention and Western Intelligence manipulation.

Blessings

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Actually, I believe YOU miss the point.
    The site is not about W.
    It's not about Palestinians.
    It's not about Islam.
    It'snot about Western Military Intervention.
    It's not about Western Intelligence manipulation.

It's about PEOPLE. A group of people who experienced a tramatic coordinated bombing ritual, some more intimately than others. They took this opportunity to place their thoughts on the internet - those thoughts basically announcing, "Yes, this thing happened. But guess what. I am not afraid." It's kind of a To Whom It May Concern venture.

Above all, it has attempted to turn aside from theological or political embodiment.

6. Rose

Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Somehow, committing suicide, and deciding to commit pre-meditated murder on surrounding, innocent people does not fall into the category of respectable behavior.
    As my signature says:

7. Logger

Gold Member

It is really about oil. The Muslims just happen to have alot of oil, and the West wants it.

The West used terrorist tactics in forming Israel, and Israel still uses US supplied Helicopter gunships and missle launchers to assasinate Hamas leaders, without much regard for civilian caualties.

But respect is something that cannot be forced, it has to be given. Neither the Militant Muslims, nor the West, are trying to use tactics to increase respect and understanding.

The US strategy is to shoot at Iraqui's. If the individuals being shot at do not shoot back, the US leaves them alone. If they shoot back, then the fight is on. This is not the Rule of Law, nor a path to earning trust and cooperation toward prosperity. Prosperity was better under Sadam. Rice is just antabonizing friends with the ideals of Democracy. She should focus on Propserity.

Blessings

8. Rose

Gold Member

And the point you are trying to make concerning the site "werenotafraid.com" is . . . ?
    I can only reitterate:

9. Brian

Brian New Member

Logger, I respect your right to your own opinion. However, your opinion seems to be justifying the killing of innocent people. The US/Israel does not intentionally kill innocent people. Political opinions aside, there is a huge difference in the morality of The West (to include Israel) and the maniacs carrying out their Holy War.

10. Logger

Gold Member

The idea is that the emphasis should be on finding ways to increase respect for varying religions, politics, business constructs, countries, sects. Having Fear in the title misses the path to peace and prosperity. Fear is not the issue.

Where is the website where the Grievances of the Muslims and the West are being arbitrated? How can each side decrease the unnecessary insults to the other side? What puplic policies or laws can the West start obeying, or revise, that would decrease instances of disrespect to the Palestinians? How can the cycle of resentment building actions be reduced so mutual respect can grow?

Blessings

11. Brian

Brian New Member

Fear IS an integral part of the issue because when a demon senses fear, he increases his pressure in order to totally destroy his target. Without fear, their ability to shut down a society, economically and socially etc is minimized.

12. Logger

Gold Member

Osama Bin Laden's plan is to bankrupt the West, partly through Fear. Trillions have been spent on security since 9-11. Osama Bin Laden bankrupted the USSR, and he is doing well so far, at sinking the US into debt.

But Fear is not part of the solution, nor is defying fear.

Blessings

13. Rose

Gold Member

One can not and should not tell them what their emphasis should be. It's their friggin site! They do not have to ascribe to your or anybody else's agenda.

The whole idea of the site is to bypass the religious and political rhetoric that de-humanizes the tragedy that has just occured. This man (now 3 people) started this site to allow the Brits, and others who were effected by this event, a place to voice their personal, heart-felt thoughts. And in few words, and sometimes just a smile, one by one, they began to basically say, "I plan on living tomorrow, the same way I lived yesterday. What happened today will not alter my life. I AM NOT AFRAID."

#13 Rose, Jul 19, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  14. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

Ronald Reagan was the integral cog in the bankruptcy of the USSR. By ensuring the United States focused on military build-up, he forced the Soviets to follow. Their economy could not withstand the race to keep up with us. I for one belive the world is a better place because of his actions and policies.

15. Brian

Brian New Member

well said columbus17 and I long for a current day Reagan

16. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

I'm not gay, but I so adore balls on a president.

17. Logger

Gold Member

Reagan Funded Bin Laden for organizing militant Muslims for shooting down Soviet Hellicopters in Afghanistan.

Reagan had the CIA to forment and organize the militant Muslims to defeat the USSR. How can you like Reagan and not like Bin Laden?

The USSR lost a lot of money fighting Bin Laden and Islamic Militants in Afghanistan. The US is losing a lot of money figthing Bin Laden and Islamic Militants in Iraq.

#17 Logger, Jul 19, 2005
  18. columbus17

columbus17 New Member

Actually that program of the CIA providing Stinger missiles began under James "No Nuts" Carter--about the only thing he ever got right.

See above

Reagan didn't change partners in the middle of the dance--didn't try to chew off the hand that fed him.

They also spent quite a bit on weapons build-ups and putting on "See How Big My Dick Is" May Day parades. Their form of economy could't support the military industrial complex.

Actually, we're spending it. We'll make more. We have a mint.

19. Logger

Gold Member

It was good for George Washington to fight the Tyrany of the Brittish in 1776, and it was good for Osama Bin Laden to fight the tyrany of an opressive Soviet Regime in Afghanistan, in 1985-1989, but it is bad for Bin Laden to fight the Tyrany of Israel and the West for the Palestinians and other CIA Muslim targets?

Osama Bin Laden should be a faithful dog to the U.S., rather than a principled soldier against Tyrany?

20. longnstrong

longnstrong New Member

actully the last time i checked what he actually wants is western civilization not to be involved in the middle east at all. that might also mean that the middle east would not sell oil to us. he mainly wants us to leave saudi arabia. most muslims, even the ones who fight with him dont really want what he wants, which is to create a new islamic empire, they just like seeing the west being attacked. he thinks if he can get the west out of the middle east he might be albe to have another islamic nation. where he is going to start killing all the different types of muslims that are not or can not be the type of conservative muslim he is. he is not like george washington he is more like charlemagne.

#20 longnstrong, Jul 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.