Wedding ring poll for women

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jaguar, Mar 6, 2007.

?

Question to women: Do you find an attraction to men wearing a wedding ring.

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  3. Indifferent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jaguar

jaguar New Member

Just curious: When I worked on a printing press I got my wedding ring caught on a sprocket gear that scared the shit out me. I was able to pull my hand away but it actually bent my ring into an oval shape. Now I work on machines that put out on average 750 volts and still do not wear my wedding ring. I do carry it on my key ring, but am starting to wonder something.
    Is there an attraction to women who see a man wearing a wedding ring or not wearing a ring?
    Thanks

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Umm, where do I cast my vote?

3. girljo

girljo New Member

An attraction? No. I am attracted to people not their jewelry and I would not seek out a married man.

As far as wearing a wedding ring is concerned, I think it demonstrates part of the commitment you have and I think a man who wears one is showing respect for his wife and commitment. (I know it doesn't mean that to all men, but I try to give some credit)

Have you thought about wearing it on a chain around your neck? And I am not implying a collar or leash thing here... just something a little more personal than a key chain. :)

4. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

After working in a jewelry store I heard of a lot of men who DONT wear their ring at work... However, most of these guys do put it on as soon as they clock out for the day and where it for social events and weekends.

As I hear a lot at weddings the rings are an "outward sign of an inward commitment" Not wearing it does not mean you aren't committed to your wife but its much less appearant to those around you who may not know you, that you are infact married

As far as carrying it on your keyring, that sounds like a REALY good way to lose it, if it is still oval a good jeweler/goldsmith should be able to re-round it for you for little or no cost

5. SexyScorp

Gold Member

If I saw a man who I was attracted to wearing a wedding ring or even knew that he had a woman (without being married)....I would turn around and walk away......have never been with a married man and hopefully I wont start now.

My husband doesnt wear his....he said it started to squash his finger!!!!!!!!!!

He dont believe in marriage so I suppose it figures....I wear two...my own and my Irish Grandmothers!!!

Go figure!!!

But anyway the answer is no...I would try and not be attracted to any guy who was with a woman...

Bad news!

6. pirouette

Gold Member

Not for me. But hubby and I had ours tattooed on 15 years ago, so it's unlikely people notice them.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

Jaguar,
    There is a well-known psycholgical attraction between some single women and married men. The attraction is two-fold, a married man has been given a stamp of approval by another woman, so he is a known commodity. On a more logical level, married men are more likely to be attuned to women and to sex, and therefore make good partners for casual relationships.

This attraction is quite common, and my experience is that women sometimes flirt quite heavily with men wearing wedding rings.

8. maryf48

maryf48 New Member

If I would see someone who grabbed my eye and then saw he had a wedding ring on, I would look the other way.

I have been involved with a couple of married men whom did not have an open relationship with their wives and it is not a good place to be.

I will never go there again.

One of the men told me he was not married (no wedding ring on the finger either hmm ) but I found out the bad way that he most definitely was.

The other told me they had an open marriage but again, I found out the hard way that it wasn't.

9. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

cbrmale,

Thank you for stating what some of us women could not have said without sounding like a homewrecker! :eek ;)

What you've said is absolutely true, I'd be a liar to say I didn't feel exactly that way. I'm not sure if I flirt more with married men, but I can see how and why I feel more comfortable and endeared to them, etc.

10. jaguar

jaguar New Member

Thank you: I guess it took a mans point of view, as I have also heard this.

11. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I used to work in a electronics shop in the military
    our work tables were metal topped and grounded, To wear a ring
    of any kind when working on any electrical equipment is dangerous.
    I would take mine off when going to work and put it back on later
    I forgot once and I had a partial meltdown, About 1/4 " of the ring just melted instantly when it shorted out. It burnt the hell out of my finger, No shock was felt though
    as the short didn't go through my body, just the ring.
    I walked out the door and threw the ring as far as I could.

Hiker:sf

12. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Do you want a poll added?

13. Dreama

Gold Member

I think that is absolutely beautiful.

14. jaguar

jaguar New Member

Sure Ryan: I just did not know how to do it. Thanks

15. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I would even be wary about getting involved with a man on line who is married...

Would have to be dead sure that his wife either knew and was cool with it...some may lie too?

Thats why I usually connect with younger men....they dont normally have a wife in tow!!!

16. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

What is the question and answers?

17. jaguar

jaguar New Member

Question to women: Do you find an attraction to men wearing a wedding ring.

18. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Being as im single , never married have no baggage...dont wear jewlery, does this mean im buggered cause i wont hold females attraction because im not married and wouldnt have a clue how t osatisfy a female ?

Just wondering cause i dont think personaly that a married guy is always going to be more in tune with what a female wants and needs, as not all females are the same as his wife.
    Just a theory :)

EDITED PART : By the way this wasnt meant as being rude or offencive im just curious ( being as ive never been married )

#18 Kronnie, Mar 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  19. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Done, that will be $29.99

20. SexyScorp

Gold Member

If i know a man has a woman at home I wouldnt flirt with him...

Ive had women flirting with my man.........it aint nice.....especially when they know he is married....

It happened to me in the pub a while back.....this very sexy Portuguese man who plays music was flirting outrageously with me....until I said to him 'would you be unfaithful to your wife then".....he looked shocked and said "what type of question is that to ask" so i replied "an honest one"...

I know his wife...she is lovely....at home looking after their child, while he is out enjoying himself....and flirting with lots of women....

Uuughhhh!!!!