Webcam Advice

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by duck, Jul 9, 2008.

1. duck

duck New Member

Well, I am new here and not sure if this is a repost or already been discussed.

BUT ... eventually my g/f and I are interested in camming in random chatrooms and/or w/ other couples and I just had a few questions from the technical perspective.

First, does anyone recommend a good webcam for this sort of thing? Something clear and possibly with a good mic. Looking to spend well under $100, but don't want one that's going to be a hassle.

Also, where should we go to find other people/couples that are into this? We were probably going to scope out local chat rooms on AIM/Yahoo!, but I don't want it to be just a bunch of dudes watching us. Maybe to find some "online friend" couples to share the experience with and become regulars. Just not sure where to search. She wants to keep it out of state due to being discrete and annonymous.

Of course, ALL comments, suggestions, & personal experiences are welcomed. Keep in mind we're young (21) and new to this. Also, I suppose if you're interested shoot me a PM.

2. igor

Gold Member

You might check out the Microsoft "Lifecam VX-1000". Don't know much about it but I want to get something myself and may try one. They are as cheap as $20 and have a built-in mic.

3. bsxy420

Gold Member

jazz hdv178....it will run you about a 100 bucks. but well worth the money...its a high def digital video camera,11 mega pixel digital camera and mp3. that will run as a webcam. it has the clearest pic you will get with a webcam. we have gotten many compliments on how clear our cam is...

4. bluey

bluey New Member

dont know much about brands etc, but i do know that you get what you pay for with webcams... go for gold, etc :lol
    from my experience, (long working hours in the middle of tokyo + long distance relationship=) doing the white balance on something blue rather than white makes you look more tanned ^___^!!

5. duck

duck New Member

Sounds promising, I'll check it out. Thanks.

6. erosexpressions

erosexpressions New Member

The Logitech STX is a decent cheap one that works fairly well in low light as well as a regular lighting setup. They have some newer, higher end models but I haven't played with them yet and they're pushing or over a hundred while the STK is anywhere from 30-60

7. cook74

Gold Member

My wife wont let me get cam as she just figures I'll use it to flirt. I have checked out logitech however and I don't like what I see so far (My opinion only, I use their speakers and they are fine, sort of, but their vid stuff...:uhh:)

8. duck

duck New Member

Thanks everyone. I'm checking some out and going to talk it over with the g/f. So far I may go with BSXY's recommendation ... but still open for all opinions.

9. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I think you should ask bsxy for a demo. before buying.:dgrin

I definitely agree with you get what you pay for. I bought 2 "cam for dummies."
    They sure were right. I was a dummy for buying them. They didn't work.

10. duck

duck New Member

lol, I'll leave that at her discretion. but yeah, I do assume (like everyone's saying) that you get what you pay for. Thanks johnny.