Ways to woo a girl

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by RockyRaccoon, Jul 21, 2007.

1. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon New Member

Ok this doesn't deal with sex directly, but it can certainly lead to it! And there are a lot of experienced women here, so I'd like your opinions on this. I'm going to be in grad school and I don't have a lot of money to spend on dates and I found this article:

http://dating.personals.yahoo.com/singles/datingtips/20175/20-dates-for-under-20

Do you girls think that these are good ideas or would it make a guy look cheap/broke? And which are your favorites?

Thanks!

2. gigantor56

gigantor56 New Member

I am not a girl, but here is my thought.
    If you are worried about looking cheap in front of your date, you are probably going after the wrong type of girl.
    If you go out and try to really get to know the girl, and approach it from the point of trying to find someone that you really enjoy spending time with, then you will be much more successful with "wooing the girl".
    Your link does give some ideas to what would probably be a good inexpensive date. The important thing is provide a situation to get to know the other person.

Most grad students are broke. If you talk to the girl and get to know her she will probably understand. If she doesn't, she is a gold digger and you are better off without her.

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

I really liked most of those ideas, in fact I wish my hubby would take me on dates like that. The only ones I think would not be as much fun are the happy hour and bowling ones. The last thing you want to do on a date with a girl is go somewhere where people are drinking. IMO.

4. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

There are some really neat ideas in that list!
    Trying out a few of those might be a fantastic way to find a truly fun loving girl and I noticed they also leave for opportunities to truly get to know one another. :)

The only one I didn't really care for was the discount movie theater idea. I've been to a few and they're often in crappy, run down areas of town, which wouldn't be hugely appealing to me if I were taken to one for a date in a new relationship. :ugh
    That's based upon a few negative experiences of my own though, your local discount theater might be just fine! :)

The rest of them are great, maybe let us know how it goes if you try an idea or two from that list? :)

5. Bluesy

Gold Member

Not bad suggestions. If you live near a major city, I would advise getting info from the parks and recreation bureau on summer activities. Oftentimes there will be free concerts and things going on throughout the warmer months. There's a park in Pittsburgh where free movies are shown on certain nights.

6. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon New Member

Thanks guys and gals :) I will be broke for a while, but will be set once I graduate. But I was just worried that during those 5 years, no girl would speak to me (was under the impression that all girls want to be wooed by expensive dinners at fancy restaurants). I guess maybe those are just gold diggers and not girls who are looking for some one fun to be with.

Do any of those on the list stand out as your favorites?

7. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

Most of those ideas sound good to me. Personally i would hate to be taken to a fancy restaurant. I just wouldn't feel at ease and would feel unable to be myself there. A walk/picnic etc seems much more appealing to me, and the fact that it is also inexpensive is just a huge bonus.

8. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon New Member

Well both would be inexpensive to you as the woman :) Or you mean you'd feel bad for making him pay so much?

9. Bluesy

Gold Member

2,3,8,9,14 and 20

10. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I personally wouldn't expect the man to pay for the date anyway, especially in an expensive restaurant. And i think i would feel like he was trying too hard. As i said i would not feel comfortable in a fancy restaurant. I like to spend time with a man on a date, it is unimportant where we are but i would feel much more able to get to know him somewhere that felt more natural to me.

11. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon New Member

You are cool!

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

I do a lot of those with my wife! Over the last two months or so we've done 2, 9, 11, 17, 18 and 19. Only here, things like botannical gardens and wine tastings are free.

13. ShelbyStang

ShelbyStang New Member

Some neat ideas there