[Ask a Girl] Was I in the wrong?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by wht1zzfe, Sep 11, 2011.

1. wht1zzfe

wht1zzfe New Member

I don't get to see my girlfriend very often. I'm a student, she's a teacher. We live about 5 hours apart. Not super far away, but were both fairly busy. The last time we had sex was Spring Break I think. Give or take a month, I honestly cannot remember.

I went to stay with her over Labor Day weekend. I get there, set my clothes basket down beside her bed and see a pregnancy test box laying under her bed. Sit around for about 5 hours waiting for her to get home(was a fun wait...). I ask her about it right when she walks in the door. No wide eyed shocked look. I was ready to just walk out the door and go home if she looked surprised. Sat down and talked and i flat out asked her if she was sleeping with anybody else.

She got pretty defensive, which to me, is a bad sign. I know, it's a dick move to ask something like that, but given the circumstances I think I was okay. Goes on to tell me that she hasn't had her period in a long time and she was scared and worried because of some tv show she saw. Told me the doctor said it could be caused by stress/weight gain/cancer/tumor.

She didn't seem to understand that the fact that a used pregnancy test, paired with the fact that we haven't slept together in almost half a year upset me.

If something is really wrong I will feel like a complete asshole, even more so for putting her through this.

Okay ladies, tear me a new one if you want.

2. pheobe69

pheobe69 New Member

to be honest id be thinking she has been seeing some one else just with the gap in time you both last had sex.

If she was preg and its yours then she will have some bump on her by now, but she might be having some problems with missed periods dont know but why is she testing for pregnancy this far along as she would be looking pregnant she wouldn`t need a test to tell her that
    i hope you get the answer you want:)

3. Moon

Moon New Member

Well you've done it now....question is do you trust her? If you do then accept her answer, put the whole thing behind you and look after her while you're together, give her a break from whats stressing her.

If you don't then, well, next move is yours my friend.

Oh, for the record....I have also done pregnancy tests knowing full well I couldn't be but wanting the certainty of a test result to rule it out. Good luck xx

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm with moon. There have been times, even when I know damn well I can't be pregnant, that I've used a pregnancy test because my periods late. It happens.

To jump on her the moment she walks in the door is pretty shitty. If anything, wait till she's in and tell her you want to ask her something and be CALM about it.

Nobody, man or woman wants to be accused of something. They automatically get defensive. It doesn't mean she's guilty.

5. bigpappi

bigpappi Member

Who's to say it hadn't been laying under her bed for a long time.....? Just saying...

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Did he check that there wasn't anybody under the bed?
    Anyway whatever the reason for the used pregnancy test kit it was pretty stupid of her to leave it lying around..........or was it?
    Got to ask yourself if there is a message there?
    Wht1zzfe, if I were you I'd have immediate fun and forget any long term commitment at least for now.

7. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I don't think you were in the wrong. Better to ask than let it bother you. Maybe asking "Do you think you might be pregnant?" would have been a better question to ask first off.