Waiting until marriage...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Avgjoe366, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Avgjoe366

Avgjoe366 New Member

By far the hardest thing to do! I'm young and have been said to be very good looking, but I'm saving myself. Sex drive has been rampant ever since I was 10, so it's a long wait but I'm sure it will be worth it :) can anyone relate?? Does it drive you absolutely frickin crazy too?

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I can relate the extreme horniness and the waiting but not the reason.
    In my case I had to wait (not by choice) until the ripe old age of 21 and 40 years later been trying to catch up ever since.
    Nah, if I had my time all over again I would start at about 17 and learn how to please women (note plural) as a matter of high priority.
    However each to his/her own; whatever floats your boat in life.

3. backcheck64

Gold Member

What the hell could cause you to wait? You could easily die during your wait. Accidents, disease, I had a friend die at 21 of a heart attack and two more die at 19 and 22 in plane crashes. I knew two more to die in high school in car crashes. You know what happens when you die if you have sex, you become worm food, do you know what happens if you die a virgin, you become pathetic worm food.

HotForHoney and lbushwalker like this.
  4. worthy79

Gold Member

lol... Feel strongly about this huh backcheck?

I think it's a very personal thing and to each their own... But I ask you this Average. I'm assuming you are doing this due to a religious belief? (Please excuse me if I'm wrong) but what's the difference between physically having sex with a girl or two before marriage or sharing images of your naked body to hundreds online? I'd even guess maybe you are sharing some emotional intimacy online. I can understand the physical act of sex isn't involved but the emotional part, the sharing of your body part is there and with multiple more people then one or two girlfriends. Just throwing this out there. Not judging at all. I definitely regret not slutting it up. But that's just me. :)

Amature and HotForHoney like this.
  5. backcheck64

Gold Member

I kind of do. In most cases, it's for religious reasons, being an atheist, believing some guy in the sky is watching, judging, and shit is absolutely insane. Its simply a excuse. You fuck up, it was gods plan or god was punishing me, or some bullshit like that. Sex is a natural function of life. If you don't have sex, how will you find a suitable partner? If you wait till after marriage, you could get stuck with a dead fish in bed. I believe in marriage for life. How will you know if your sex drives are even compatible?

#5 backcheck64, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Gearhead, AGFUNK and worthy79 like this.
  6. worthy79

Gold Member

I completely agree but at the same time everyone is completely entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. And I very much believe in a higher power but pretty sure I'll be hanging downstairs with all the fire and vodka. I'm just crossing my fingers there are firefighters. ;)

HotForHoney likes this.
  7. backcheck64

Gold Member

Don't worry, there is no heaven, there is no hell. All a bunch of crap made up to keep the ignorant in line. We all become worm food no matter how good or bad.

AGFUNK likes this.
  8. worthy79

Gold Member

I am not going to argue anymore but I would hope you'd respect people's opinions on the matter. You have yours and that's great.

9. EnglishDad

Gold Member

Well just my thoughts on this god thing.
    No one can prove 100% if this is a god ( belief/faith )
    No one can disprove 100% that there is no god

So i think its kind of a personnel belief system
    Me i dont knock someone for what they believe in, im happy to listen and talk about someones code of beliefs and learn some of what they think, i may not believe myself, but my parents do, and i would not say they were or are ignorant .

10. Amature

Gold Member

I believe in GOD. I always have, and always will. When I was a young man I had several opportunities for sex, but didn't. My religious beliefs weren't really what stopped me though. Back then, there wasn't such thing as DNA tests and I didn't want to be saddled with supporting someone else's kid to raise. I didn't have sex until I was engaged to the woman I was going to marry. Looking back on it, I realize I made a big mistake. I've always wondered what I missed out on. I remarried to a woman that has more experience than myself (I was only with my 1st wife and myself) and question my abilities as a man. I guess my advice is to have (protected) sex. Later in life you may wish you had waited, but then you may always wish you had if you don't, too. Plus, your future wife may not have waited and might enjoy you knowing what you are doing in the bedroom.

11. play69ray

play69ray New Member

Just ask yourself this: why would God not want you to enjoy a loving, sexual relationship with a partner, regardless of whether you're married or not?

12. backcheck64

Gold Member

But were getting very close to proving there is no God. I believe in science, facts. The problem is the vast majority of the US is ignorant to these facts, and they have no desire to find the truth or too scared to find out. The fact that you are totally in control of your life, no one to blame for fuckups. The fact that when we die, we simply die. The fact that there's no penalty for being a piece of shit or reward for helping everyone you can. No saying "the devil made me do it".

#12 backcheck64, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    AGFUNK likes this.
  13. backcheck64

Gold Member

We are animals, granted higher functioning than the others, but still animals. We have natural animal urges. With all of the forms of birth control, there's no reason for an unwanted pregnancy. I'm old, graduated in the very early 80's and BC was available and worked well. My wife and I, from dating through the first 9 yrs of our marriage, a total of 15yrs, never had a scare. BC worked perfectly. Now if you combine the pill with a condom, there's virtually no way she's getting pregnant. SO express your animal urges.

14. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

I really hate arguing online, especially about religion or politics. Everyone is entitled to their opinion or belief, even if you think they are stupid for it. And even if you think they are stupid for it, theres really nothing to gain by saying so except making yourself seem childish and immature. Calling someone an idiot, insane, or anything else degrading isn't really something mature adults do.

That being said, and yes i realize this is WAY off topic for a thread about waiting to have sex, so we should move this whole conversation to the off-topic board, but saying something like "we are very close to proving there is no god" is an uninformed statement with zero evidence to support it. Maybe the scientific discoveries made recently have helped convince you there is no god, but how exactly could you prove scientifically that there is no god? Could we ever prove scientifically that you don't exist just because we may search for hundreds or thousands of years and not find you? You're still there. Maybe some people dont believe you are. But you are. You not being seen is not evidence that you do not exist.

If you think about it, the record of science, especially recently, has been that it has found or proved the existence of many things that we once thought did not exist. I cam't say for certain, but i would imagine science has actually proven the existence of more things we once thought didnt than it has the opposite.

Point is, remember how in science class we learned that something was a scientific THEORY until it was proven completely before it becomes a LAW? For instance, the LAW of gravity vs the THEORY of relativity? Im pretty sure at this stage in human history evolution is still officially a THEORY. So clearly in the scientific community there is still debate. Meaning you can believe it or not. Its up to you. But scientifically it doesn't make you an idiot or insane to believe in that OR creation.

Insulting people who believe either way does not bring us any closer to proving either side.

15. minskminx

Gold Member

Yes.

I am not religious but I do not know if god exists or not. What I do know is if god does exist god does not care if you have sex or not. Do you really think god is looking down saying "oh who cares about all the starving people, all the corruption and war, all the children born with terrible diseases, what really angers me is the non married couple having sex!". It's absurd!

Everyone knows not having sex outside marriage is nothing to do with god and everything about religious groups wanting to control people's behaviour. Oh you want to have sex, you have to go through a religious ceremony in church and join our group? I see!

I am a history student so I know that marriage was a pagan ceremony, the early Christians were against marriage and most Christians until very recently, a few hundred years ago, didn't even get married by the church. Most people, besides kings and high status people, said "OK, this person is my wife now" or "this person is my husband" and that was all. The church had nothing to do with it.

lbushwalker likes this.
  16. EnglishDad

Gold Member

Religion does not have all the answers, science does not either, both ways have theories on many things they can not prove with facts, if we all believed there was nothing after death, perhaps there would be far more violence and death in the world.
    Science cant prove how the big bang came about ( they have theories on how ) they cant show what happened before it either.

No one thing we humans have learnt shows either view is the 100% truth, but there are always people that believe blindly that there is a god or is not one.

There are so many different views from so man so many different scientists on so many different aspects of science that who know which ones are right and which are not.

17. minskminx

Gold Member

I must disagree with you. People misunderstand science. Science is about testing proofs so that the more proofs that are tested the more likely we are to understand a specific topic. Because scientific work can be amended, developed, advanced or sometimes replaced does not mean it cannot provide real answers to real questions. In that way it cannot be compared with religion. Religion is faith but we do not turn on light bulbs with faith. Antiobiotics were not discovered by Jesus and the church did not send man into space.

What I do disagree with people over is the extent of knowledge that we do have. Many people think we know everything. We do not, we know very little but science is the only way to keep building up that knowledge.

At the same time, I am uneasy with people with strong athiest view who I think share a character with fundamentalist believers. Everyone knows about Copernicus, one of the most important scientists that ever lived. Copernicus developed ideas by the ancient Greek Pygathoreans who had got things slightly wrong but were on to the right idea. When Copernicus presented his ideas he was attacked by the church. They didn't like that he took pagan ideas but what they mostly didn't like was that he used mathematics. They said mathematics existed only in the head, wasn't real and couldn't prove anything! Sometimes I think extreme athiests would have said the same as the church did then because you can't put mathematics under a microscope and it is a non physical concept.

Science must remain open minded to every possibility and judge them on there merits and mostly it does that.

lbushwalker likes this.
  18. EnglishDad

Gold Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist)

I'm not arguing with anyone, just putting my thoughts over, i do t think anyone is actually arguing in this thread.
    I'm not knocking science, i love watching documentaries about the universe, i like watching the wonders of the universe with Brian Cox, he actually makes watching these documentaries interesting, rather than brain numbingly boring like some I have watched.
    The other was a series called Space, with Sam Neil ( Was good to watch )
    Ive watched many other ones, and they nearly all fascinate me.

But each side can put up convincing arguments as to why their way is the right way.

19. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

One more thing i want to add is that people for some reason equate "the church" as in the catholic church, which i am not here to bash, with "religion" or "christianity" as if they are it. Just because the church may have a reputation for being against science does not mean all "christian" denominations are.

Furthermore, the early christians, that is the first century christians immediately following the death of jesus, were not "catholic" nor were they any other denomination that has come about because of mens disagreements. You may choose to believe the bible or not, im not going to try and convince you, but if you choose to use it as the reference to early christianity, and early worshipers of god in general, there is no evidence at all that they were opposed to science or medication or marriage for that matter.

History student or not, nowhere in the bible does it say at all that the first christians were against marriage. In fact in numerous places the bible speaks of marriage as being sacred, gods arrangement, and so on. It also speaks of one getting married and sticking to his mate and the early christians were not to get divorced except when there was adultery involved. Then it was permitted. They most definitely took marriage very seriously.

You can argue on the intricacies of every bible verse and policy indefinitely, but they most certainly did get married and it was a happy thing. Jesus did turn water to wine at a wedding feast.

Again, i hate to seem like im picking a fight. But if you are going to look at customs of the earliest christians, how can you not use the bible? And on top of that, what in the bible has science disproved so far?

20. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Thats really it for me because none of us is going to change the others mind. I only replied the first time because it bothers me when someone attacks anothers beliefs because theyre different than his own while at the same time stating exactly why he should be able to believe the way he does. People, believe what makes you feel most comfortable. But unless you know another person deeply and personally, you dont know what makes them think or believe the way they do. So dont attack or insult them