Vitamin E for your sex drive!

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by fothermucker, Sep 23, 2010.

1. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

I had no idea there might actually be truth to this, but it seems there might actually be something there. I have been looking around, since my fiancee's sex drive has slowed down quite a bit. I thought I would take a look around, and see if there was something that I could recommend to her, since it bothers her as much as it does me. Anyway, I found a couple of links that some of you might find interesting.

Low Sex Drive

Vitamin E and Sex Drive: New Applications for a Familiar Nutrient

Vitamin E the Sex Vitamin

Top 10 foods to boost your sex life

I am not really sure how much credibility there really is to these articles, but I did find them somewhat interesting.

2. Meee

Gold Member

I don't know if you've been discussing this on these forums already, but there are some other things to check first before going to supplements: getting enough sleep, good diet, exercise, fresh air, and watching out for stress.

3. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

Trust me, we have already talked things through. I just found it interesting that so many sites are saying that most people don't get enough Vitamin E in their normal diet, and that it may actually be linked in some way to our sex drive (both male and female).

4. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Well I've never heard of the link between Vitamin E deficiency and low sex drive before but I have read in plenty of places they we do tend to lack Vitamin E. Vitamin E is fat soluble so we need a certain amount of fat/oil daily to be able to absorb it. Even Vitamin E supplements are no use if they aren't taken with fat of some nature.