Visitor Message vs. Private Message

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

I'm just posting this to remind people to be very careful when they send a message to a member here. A Visitor Message can be viewed by anyone that clicks on the profile of the person you sent it to. A Private Message is for the eyes of the person you sent it to any no one else's.

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

I'm bumping this because, by reading some folks profiles, it looks like a lot of you don't know the difference.

Really, if you are going to bad mouth another member, at least have the smarts to do it in a PM NOT a VM. :lol

3. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I have a feeling that badmouthing other members isn't the thing you're the most interested in while reading other's peaople's confused visitor messages? Come on you dirty girl, you know you're geting off to some of the dirty stuff. luv ya *hugs*

- lsd 4vr

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

Um, no I'm not. In fact, I haven't come across anything like that. I have come across people bitching about other members and naming names, which ain't cool, IMHO.

5. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

Is there maybe a report abuse option so that the mods can clean it up? We seem to be a fairly respectful bunch (for a group of sexual deviants:p), so it is a little shocking to see that members are doing this.

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

Just bumping this up as some of you still don't seem to get it.

If ya want the world to see your comments, use the Visitor Message feature. If you want your comment to be just between you and the person you are leaving the comment for, use the Private Message feature.

Seems easy enough, right?

7. heelfetish

Gold Member

OK, my curious mind has to know... just where are all these juicy VMs?

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

Look in your profile.

9. heelfetish

Gold Member

:lol Thanks HR. Still didn't answer my question though. :lol

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

Oh, I see. I neglected to re-read the thread. I guess when we see some ugly VMs we mods can delete them. We explore more profiles than most members, other than CL of course.

11. Lucky

Lucky New Member

I hate to hear there is badmouthing of any members going on. I am pretty new to this forum but I have not seen anything that should incite this.

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

It's not just nasty things being said, sometimes it's just chitchat amongst members but things are sometimes said that the whole world should not be able to see, like personal information.

I just wanted to let people know that if they value their privacy, they should be more careful about posting comments in a profile Visitor Message and should also delete any such comments that other people make about them that they don't want known to the entire SF community.

13. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

Online privacy is a bit of an oxymoron, if you ask me. Kind of like that picture floating around the internet of Britney Spears in a Harvard sweater.:p:lol

14. Mittimer

Gold Member

I just wanted to bump this thread. It seems that some of our newer members don't understand this STILL.

Again guys, do not post anything on your friends *wall* that you don't want EVERY member to see.