Violent Fantasy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sexynzgirl, Sep 13, 2004.

1. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

Hi I was just wondering if this was extreme or not, I have a revenge fantasy about kicking the ass of the bullies at my high school and its never gone away even though I left 7 years ago, I want to hurt this one particular person and I'd like to either get over it or smash her up, one of the two.

2. Logger

Gold Member

Find someone trustworthy, with whom you can role play out your words and feelings.

One therapeutic approach is to keep going over the incident, until you have drained out all the emotions, and then you will have a rational view on the situation.

You could probably take a pillow, and just go over the issues by yourself, solo.

You could just do a rant here, about your feelings of hurt, anger, sorrow whatever comes up, and just keep posting back.

Try to work into a phase where you can poke fun at the situation, and see a funny side to it.

Blessings

3. Logger

Gold Member

Or you could go to a Psychiatrist. Often a Psychiatrist wil prescribe a tanquilizer for you, for about 6 months. Things wil apear rather tame to you, rather dull, as a result of the tranquilizers. When you stop taking the tranquilizers after 6 months, then the world will appear new, interesting and fresh, like a fog has lifted.

Anotehr aption would be analysis. A therapist could ask you many questions, and you could explain why you don't like the girl.

More than one way to approach the issue.

4. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

Revenge

Main reason I have such a problem with high school is there were so many assholes to put it bluntly that just thought it was funny to upset me. I got older and wiser and learnt some self esteem and respect for myself and I know its not right to be violent but I'm still so angry at that part of my life and how it happened for no good reason at all. I don't wish to hurt anyone in reality when I think about it properly as I want to keep my record as it is with me losing my temper once or twice already. But I have dreams about high school constantly like I'm back there all over again, with the same problems. How can you forget about things when you dream about them on a regular basis unwillingly I wonder? Also to your mention to tranquillizers, I wouldn't want to take anything that would dull my life to being constantly tame and unexciting. I would like to sort out my constant dreaming about the same things over and over, its normally one out of three different scenarios that I dream about every night, every night. Maybe its something to do with chemicals in my brain, cos Prozac made the dreams go away but I was irritable and had worse swings than usual. Changed to Citolopram dreams are back but everything else is good. Ah well can't win em all I guess.

5. Logger

Gold Member

There are some theories on dreams that involve distinctly different approaches.

One approach is that dreams should not be analyzed, from the standpoint of what they mean for the future, because that gives the idea that we do not have choices to make for ourselves. A healthy approach to life is that we have decisons to make, and that we are in control of the decisions we make. We should be thoughtful about the decisions we make, and enjoy our life, and the fruits of our decisions.

Another approach is that dreams sometimes hold a hint about the future, and by working to understand our dreams, we will better understand the choices that are upcoming for us in the future.

Another approach is that dreams may reflect conflicts of the past, and by working to understand our dreams relation to conflicts in the past, we will be better able to handle conflicts in the future.

Some Christians believe that forgiveness is an important action, because forgivness enables us to put the past event aside, and forget that past event, thereby being more ready to focus on now and the future.

I use different approaches on different occasions. It is probably important not to get stuck in one apprach, so that you can shift to the approach that is best for you at the time, as times and circumstances change. So when you have selected a particular approach, or range of approaches, for yourself, you will need to reject conflicting approaches, when you are working the particular range of approaches, that seems right for your circumstances. I personally see value in each approach under various different cirumstances.

Blessings

6. touchzing

touchzing New Member

I would encourage you to get over it. Life will kick her ass if an ass kicking is needed.