Video games

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nurseharley, Feb 10, 2011.

1. nurseharley

Gold Member

I just found my playstation 2 after years of not using it and i'm kind of in the mood to become a gaming nerd again. (although i never really stopped being a computer game nerd, i'll play unreal tournament til my fingers fall off :p)

i remember playing fighting force and metal gear solid a lot. i was never able to beat MGS though :(

so what's your favorite video game?

#1 nurseharley, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. arugula

Gold Member

Unreal Tournament (Original edition). No joke.
    Favorite weapon: minigun
    Second fav: redeemer

Looooved getting MMMMonsssster kills

3. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

I actually still have my old copy of MGS! What part were you getting stuck at?

I own a PS3, Wii, and a gaming computer system. As of right now, I only play Left 4 Dead 2 on the computer, when I have the time. I don't get onto the consoles too much anymore, just because I tend to get too immersed in the games, and end up oblivious to everything around me for several hours at a time. I probably have about 10 or 12 hours into MGS4, and still have yet to finish it. I am actually thinking about getting out the old MGS and popping it into the PS3, though.

4. nurseharley

Gold Member

i have the game of the year edition of unreal tournament, i was never really sure what the difference between them was

it's been so long but i remember having to crawl through snow? and i couldnt get passed the guards or whoever they were, i'd get stuck hiding somewhere and die lol

5. outofcontrol

outofcontrol New Member

I played Madden a lot on my old PS2, that I haven't broke out for a while, it was fun. I play some computer games, FPS are my favorite.

6. arugula

Gold Member

7. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I don't really have a favorite game per se, I play a lot and love a lot. I am a console collector and own quite a few handhelds and consoles. I've also owned a few arcade machines, though at this time I only have the game boards for them.

8. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

Usually GOTY editions have all the expansion packs included.

There were actually quite a few parts of MGS that required crawling through snow, so that could have been anywhere in the game, really. The beginning of the game, you just get past the guards, toss a chaff grenade at the bottom of the stairs to confuse the camera, take out the guard at the top, then run to the vent somewhere along the walkway. If you were up against Liquid in a tank, toss a chaff grenade to mess with the navigation of the tank, then throw a frag into the top. If you are up against the sniper, you needed the diazepam. Take a diazepam, get out the PSG-1, and have a Ration on the left menu in case she shot you first. There was also a part where you are outside in the snow with a pack of wolves running around. You can either equip the cloth the sniper gave you when you killed her, and the wolves will be friendly, or you can snipe them off with the PSG-1. I would actually have to get the game out and give it another play to really remember anything else, which you have actually managed to tempt me to do.:D

9. Trond

Gold Member

Let's see. I don't play a LOT of games, but enjoy it now and then. I generally like role-playing games (both on computer and tabletop with my friends) but I have a few other favorites as well.

Fallout (I finished the first one years ago, and I am currently playing Fallout 3. Great games)
    Dreamfall (that's where I got the "cock and puss" picture from :p, this is one of the best adventure games I have ever played)
    Prince of Persia (I still like the original, but I also enjoy Sands of Time, which was made into a movie)
    Rollcage (one of the craziest car racing games, a good adrenaline rush)

10. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

I have tons of favorites but im not sure i ever killed as many hours playing a game as driver for ps1, then gran turismo 2.

Modern day, there were times i thought fallout 3 might render me single again haha. Most ridiculousy awesome game ever lol. New vegas is ok but entirely too buggy. Modern video games just aint the same anymore. The force unleased? Typical 21st century george lucas. All flash and special effects and zero content.

11. Jakeyboi

Jakeyboi New Member

AHhh amateurs!! Its all about the Legend of Zelda series ;)

12. AGFUNK

Gold Member

For playstation I love playing Spyro, when I get in the mood to play it I can't stop playing it:) I also played Atari( I kick ass at Centipede) and rarely Vice City when I needed to let some anger out.

13. Texas_Red

Gold Member

That all depends on what games. Love the first Zelda on NES. Hate the 2nd. Love the first GB Zelda. Love a Link to the Past. Hate both of the N64 Zelda's, and really don't care for the GC/Wii ones either. Though whichever one my roommate rented on Gamefly looked sort of interesting.

That said there are far too many awesome franchises to really have a single fav.

14. nurseharley

Gold Member

it was pretty far into the game i think, god its been like 8 years or so now but i may look on youtube for a playthrough of it and see if i can show you the exact part :D

im not surprised by this one :p

15. Trond

Gold Member

?? I sense an inside joke, but I don't get it :)

16. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

There are a lot of movies based on video games. Doom is a perfect example, as well as the old Super Mario Bros. movie, I think there was a Duke Nukem movie, Postal turned into a movie (Uwe Boll is fired for that one:lol), and the list could go on for days on end.

17. nurseharley

Gold Member

he's like a knight, but sort of not.

forget it.......

18. Trond

Gold Member

Ah! :D

19. dukefan

dukefan New Member

I actually drug out the old Driver game for ps2 a couple of weekends ago. It was a fun game, but recently on the weekends we have been playing the old tecmo bowl game on wii.

20. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

When I first got my Wii, I made it a point to download Super Mario Bros., and also 2 and 3. Great classic games. I am still waiting for Duck Hunt. I used to get so pissed when that dog would start laughing at me.:lol