Video games vs. your significant other

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EbonySnow, Apr 21, 2004.

1. EbonySnow

EbonySnow New Member

Here is the scenario: Your SO lives about 5 hrs from you. You get to see your roommates who happen to be your good friends all the time and play as many video games as you want with them. You get to see your SO every two weeks for 2 1/2 days. Do video games come before this person? Say you are chatting with them on the internet and suddenly your friend comes in and says you need to come play with them. What do you do? Say nah, maybe later and keep chatting with your SO or just leave your SO hanging and join the guys?

2. jojo

jojo New Member

What game are we talking about here....would be a toughie!

nah just kidding, sif games come over your gf.

jo

3. farspark

farspark New Member

I presume SO means "significant other"... just how significant is this other? Answer this question, and there you have it. QED.

4. MiRi

MiRi New Member

I had a bf that he lived a few hours away from me and we only saw each other once a month. Well, all the time I'd be with him at his cousin's house, he'd be playing video games and I'd be sitting there bored out of my mind. He would be with his cousins all day while I would be at work, so geez, he could've spent time with me you know?

It depends on your relationship. If it's pretty serious, hang out with her and don't leave her hanging because you'll only piss her off.

5. lonely-man

lonely-man New Member

your nuts if your gona put video games over your girlfriend ( i say this as it appears its a male asking the question) You should consider your self lucky to have a girlfriend ..you should be spending time with her especailly if she spends the time to drive to YOU to see YOU.. Your just gona drive her away from you and then you'll be sitting there asking your self why she left YOU. Take advantage of it not many guys get oppertunities to have girlfriends , i Know i would love to have one .If i had a girlfriend believe me internet and video games and things of the like would be the last thing on my mind . I would be putting my girlfriend first .I am sure i am gona get some positive replys to my response and some negative . But thats the nature of the forum to discuss and express personal opinions.

Michael.
    (Lonely-Man )

6. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

My bf lives 4 hours away, he just talks to me on the phone while he plays, if i'm around he wont play unless i'm ok with it (sometimes depending on the game i try to steal the controller... but only for things that don't require talent like racing games ect.)
    he admits talking on the phone makes him suck worse than usual but if i say one or the other he'll pick me over the game

7. jojo

jojo New Member

Doesn't that annoy you, that he is playing video games while talking to you, like he is not interested in the conversation so he has to have something else to do? It seems a bit rude in my opinion.

jo

8. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

lol, no not to me... i'm constantly multitasking while on the phone, whether i'm chatting, IMing, doing laundry, whatever. I have a hard time concentrating on one thing (erg! ADHD) so i've gotten used to others who multitask as well...

besides, tis just casual chitchat, we spend more time on the phone simply listening to eachother breath than actually talking... its the closest we can get most the time.

9. Zack

Zack New Member

truthfully, I think that many people are mentally sick :nuts when gaming becomes a problem like that. If you're that inconsiderate I would assume that you really don't care... but who can assume nowadays....