Vegan

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikehoncho18, Oct 7, 2017.

1. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

Your secret is safe with me. :oops:

2. mikehoncho18

Gold Member

haha nah I'm open with it. See Veganism is just a way of life and kind of an ideology but also is survival. Almost alsways I find some Vegan-ish option although milk is in almost everything we eat outside which can make it challenging, but there are some small things taht bring you happiness and in my case milk chocolate is one of them. I don't over consume it and I do buy dark chocolate and vegan milk chocolate (delicious and make with soy milk) but it's not always accesible.

sensless likes this.
  3. Maude

Gold Member

Try this chocolate "cheesecake "
    https://detoxinista.com/raw-chocolate-cheesecake/

sensless likes this.
  4. sensless

5. afunk13

Gold Member

I buy enjoy life brand chocolate chips when I can. I've used regular recently since I couldn't afford the enjoy life. They use rice milk in their milk chocolate and it's really good. They have different size chips and they also have premade cookies that are also great. I just don't get the ones with honey in them.

Here's a recipe for chocolate cupcakes https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-chocolate-cupcakes-mint-buttercream-frosting/
    The only thing I changed in the recipe for the cupcakes themselves was that I used almond milk instead of soy milk. When soy milk and vinegar is combined it curdles to make a buttermilk substitute and it didn't sound good to me. They came out great. I brought them to work and to my parents and brother and they all loved them. They were surprised that the cupcakes were so moist without eggs. I haven't made the buttercream frosting. I just bought pillsbury fudge frosting to top it with since it was vegan enough for me.

I also will buy toffuti icecream when I can afford it. They have fudge swirls, berry, vanilla and chocolate flavors. Ben and Jerry's has also come out with non dairy icecream with awesome flavors such as brownie. Halo top also has a couple but I don't care for that icecream. We really don't eat that many desserts. If I want something extra I'll eat some cereal or something. I'll have twizzlers every once in awhile too.

If you can find Cowspiracy you can watch that. It's a really good documentary about how the meat industry makes people think they need the meat and how it's destroying our environment. It's very informative.

My diet mostly consists of carbs but I burn them fast since I work in a warehouse. Most of my dishes have beans, pasta or potatoes in them. Carbs help fill me up more. I change it up though since if I eat too many carbs over a few days I get bloated but I've managed to figure out my limits. I also make a lot of tofu. I make tofu scramble, tofu omelette, tofu salad for sandwiches and also a mozzarella cheese sauce with tofu.

mikehoncho18 and sensless like this.
  6. sensless

It looks tasty!

I have a question. On the recipe she says "flaxseed meal". Is it just the flaxseed? I mean, the seeds? Or something else?

In the US you have a lot more variety of foods than here. All the vegan stuff I see on American sites, we can't find here. Nothing.

I have chia seeds and flaxseed... I mean the flax seeds.

7. afunk13

Gold Member

It is flax seeds but they have to be ground first.

A lot of specialty vegan items can be bought online but it's not needed for a healthy vegan diet. I like having them to make recipes of stuff that I used to eat before I went vegan.

sensless likes this.
  8. sensless

I always want to have a diet that's uncomplicated. The only processed foods I have in my cupboard are chocolates. Milk and dark. A few times a year, I have chocolate ice cream home. It's my favorite food.

9. JackieTreehorn

Gold Member

I've come to find that vegan dishes are far more rich and filling than I would have guessed.
    This morning my wife made vegan chocolate waffles and they were amazing!

mikehoncho18 likes this.
  10. afunk13

Gold Member

11. mikehoncho18

Gold Member

man, I was the biggest meat eater.... I love! (loved?) meat......and ate tons of it. and after I became Vegan I feel much better, lost weight, and I eat a lot more food for that matter.

My taste buds changed for the better....I was not a big fruit eater..... I only ate bananas and that was only on rare occasions. After I became vegan I've added dates, blueberries, raspberries and apples to my diet. This was unthinkable some months back.

JackieTreehorn likes this.
  12. mikehoncho18

Gold Member

Nice noodle soup with vegan sausages, one of my fav!

23585152_10156081727860466_204750033_o.jpg

afunk13 likes this.
  13. mikehoncho18

Gold Member

VERY simple but extremely satisfying and comforting. Bananas with organic peanut butter (none of that Jif crap) and Dark Chocolate Nutella (100% vegan).

23472142_10155975035671518_1955904842289295924_n.jpg

14. afunk13

Gold Member

@mikehoncho18 Would you be able to post the recipe for the noodle soup? It look amazing.