[Ask a Guy] Vasectomy?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by travis beck, Mar 19, 2015.

1. travis beck

Gold Member

My wife needs to get off the pill and is wanting me to get cut.

Guys, any advice on your experience?

Ladies, if your guy has been cut, have you noticed any difference in performance?

2. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

I've not had one, but a few of the guy's here at the shop have. All of them have stated the same thing, little tender that evening but nothing Aleve and a cold compress dident fix, and after a higher drive.

travis beck and HotForHoney like this.
  3. Samanth Smith

Gold Member

my ex husband had this done and honestly there was no issues after with complications from the surgery or in the bedroom. I loved it bc there was no more worries and for a while it perked up our sex life. Good Luck with the decision.

4. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Not all guys are the same. 2 of my friends got it, one was in pain due to his own fault .... LISTEN T THE DOCTOR AND DO NOTHING !!

Myself, getting the freezing was painful, maybe the doctor was not so good as others reported little pain.
    I had an infection after, hated the ice on my balls, they are more sensitive than they were before the surgery.
    It never changed the sex drive, erections, ejaculations except for the blanks-only shooting out, same color.

travis beck likes this.
  5. cbrmale

Gold Member

Same pain for a day or two then all fine, and it is comforting to know that after several ejaculations and a test, that you're safe and there will be no accidents. Physically everything responds and feels the same, but mentally you both feel more relaxed and as a result, more horny.

travis beck likes this.
  6. sssssss

Gold Member

I was one of the lucky ones where didn't work the first time and I had to have it done twice, The first time wasn't so bad, but the second time was the worst. And it took me a long time to heal.

7. biker061

Gold Member

Had mine done 25 or so years ago, no issues and best of all never wore a condom as birth control since!

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Same for me :)

travis beck likes this.
  9. MrJones

Gold Member

I was a little sore for a day or two. And no side affects after at all.

. I always thought I should have convinced some female friends to participate in a before and after taste test. A missed opportunity.

10. The_Dark_Prince

Had mine done 7 years ago and didn't even hurt, tiny bit sore after nut no difference at all in any way, so nice no to have to other with condoms.

11. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Had mine done over 20 years ago. No problems with performance. Sex was better with no worries.

12. Logger

Gold Member

There is statistically an increased chance of infection, after the surgery of cutting the tubes. I had a couple infections over the next few years. Got some antibiotics from the doctor, cleared up in a few days. Probably should use a condom when doing anal, because of the increased chance of infection.

One infection I felt I got from sleeping in a camper on a cold night.

If you sense there are problems, even years later, it may be best not to delay going to the doctor.

In flirting with other women, some have indicated they would reject a guy with a vasectomy, because they desire to get pregnant.

Some children can be expensive headaches.

Where is the balance?

//

13. Anotherday

Gold Member

Nothing to it.

Just take it easy for a few days, soreness leaves after a week or so.

travis beck likes this.
  14. jdm320

Gold Member

I had mine done back in 03 and I have not regretted it one bit. The worse part is the idea of someone cutting on your balls. No, it wasn't enjoyable, but it was bearable. A little discomfort is all. It increased my sex drive.

travis beck likes this.
  15. EdwardPenisFingers

Verified Gold Member

It's quite a simple procedure to have done. I was scheduled at 8am and was out and home by 9:30. During the procedure i never felt a thing. Afterwards there was just a slight ache. My dr gave me some pain killers for afterwards but i never took them because i never needed them. Other than that just do as the Dr says to do for a few days after and all will be fine. as far as any differences i haven't noticed any. Everything for me i would say stayed the same with the exception on having to worry about pregnancy.

HotForHoney and travis beck like this.
  16. Redline1

Gold Member

I didn't have any issues with mine at all. I did it on Friday and took the whole next week off work. Just so I could ice and make sure there was no softball size stuff going on..... Just do what the doc says and you'll be good.

17. Rell01

Gold Member

Had mine done about 4 years ago. My balls were a little tender for a few days, but everything healed up fine. Just follow the docs advice and you should be fine. Hasn't hurt my sex life either. I've seen no decrease in sex drive, erection, or ejaculation.

travis beck likes this.
  18. Maturemale08

Maturemale08 Member

I had one done around 35 years ago with no issues at all , the only thing i found that my sperm was thinner that`s all But now i am older at the age of 62 it has been getting thicker ... and more white