vasectomy?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Doitagain, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Okay I am looking for reliable personal feedback on guys who have had a vasectomy. Has you r friend, brother, husband, dad?

Okay I am just curious about well the complexity of the procedure , recovery , and any effects it has on you. Sex drive , erection , size of load.....ect. anything at all.

#1 Doitagain, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

My dad had a vasectomy performed. Not sure what your question is, though...

3. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

There I fixed it. I figured I needed to be a little more explanatory. Oops

4. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Did a quick Google search and came across this: http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/vasectomy-14387
    I know it's WebMD and isn't very personal - but it has all the info you're looking for...

As far as my dad (the only guy I know personally who's had a vasectomy) as far as he's ever indicated or mentioned it didn't have any negative effect for him. Said it was quick and simple, "as painless as having your nuts snipped can be" (his words; not mine), and all done in day. He had it done the same time he had to have a major hernia fixed. :p

5. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Hey thanks. All info gathered is good to know. I am looking for more personal information just because. I know one person and he said there was no change besides unsheathed pounding

6. htoad

htoad Active Member

I had a vasectomy about 20 years ago. My wife's last pregnancy was very difficult, she had had a miscarriage prior to it, and we both decided we had enough kids and would adopt if we wanted more. I also thought a vasectomy would be easier than her getting her tubes tied.

The process and recovery wasn't bad. We found a doctor that did them frequently and he explained the process in detail to us. My Bunnie was most afraid of it impacting my sex drive and cum volume, but it doesn't - sperm makes up a very tiny amount of the cum.

The procedure itself was fine, just local anesthesia and the doctor and I chatted while he did it. Recovery is most important - rest and take it easy for several days. My problem was the day after we had unexpected company arrive, and we didn't want to tell them about it. So I moved a bit more than I should and was sore for a day or to longer, but nothing terrible.

The doctor also said, after recovering, to ejaculate frequently and use condoms for several months, to ensure the sperm was out of my system. Bunnie enjoyed this part, and made it fun - she'd hint every day about "make sure you do your 'therapy' with me" . I certainly was not complaining!

Bottom line, no impact to sex drive or volume. One of the best benefits is that it makes spontaneous sex MUCH more fun, without need to pause and hunt around for protection.

luvbug and Doitagain like this.
  7. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Thank you

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I had one done 24 years ago after the birth of our third child.
    Pros;
    Nothing changed except no further fear or possibility of unplanned pregnancy so freedom for spontaneous sex; peace of mind!
    No need for more complicate surgery on the female partner(s)
    Cons;
    A little discomfort after the procedure but no big deal that a few tabs Panadeine can't mask
    A few days rest from heavy physical work
    A few weeks to months until all those little tadpoles have cleared the pipe works
    Pretty much irreversible
    A small statistical chance of increased risk to testicular cancer

Conclusion; I highly recommend the procedure and would do it again without hesitation.
    I would however avoid having it done in a place I worked because in my case the surgeon had a trolley covered by a white sheet which when whisked back revealed a gleaning new 18" chainsaw.
    That was supposed to be humour to make me relax!
    Secondly in Recovery the theatre nurse taped my penis to my leg and cautioning me to keep it like that for a few hours.
    I believed her and stiff legged hobbled to the car park only when I got home for my concerned spouse to break out in tears of laughter when she saw the poor little captive mite.
    I got had big time that day!

luvbug and Doitagain like this.
  9. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Lol thanks! What I like to hear is that htoad are saying how easy it was 20 plus years ago and no ill effects after all that time. I hear now it's an out patient thing with lazers and very simple and easy.

10. GreyGoose

Gold Member

I wanna get it done but don't have the balls to go through with it. I know a lot of guys that have had it done maybe one day I'll go through with it

11. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Lol technically in order to get it done you HAVE to have the balls to do it lol get it?

loves2ride likes this.
  12. diehard

Gold Member

No changes happen sexually, except freedom on mind about getting your SO preggers. Same size, still shoot cum, just blanks

Hurts more than people let on, but only lasts a few days

Doitagain likes this.
  13. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

I had one. It's a day off from work with some good drugs for a little discomfort and sitting on a bag of frozen peas. Simple stuff.

No brainer. Go for it.

loves2ride and Doitagain like this.
  14. Davidiscurious

I had it done over 15 years ago and other than some discomfort for a couple of days afterwards, it wasn't that bad at all. It does make sex so much better not having to worry about protection all the time getting in the way of the moment.

loves2ride and Doitagain like this.
  15. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Not all guys are the same so from my POV.
    Has not decreased sex drive, erection, amount of cum. Maybe it's how the doc handled me, now whenever I have a real nice orgasm, especially after edging, my balls ache. In a good way though, not sore but a reminder.
    In my case it was painful to get the "shots" to freeze but in the end worth it.
    If you get it dne, FOLLOW THE DOCTOR'S ADVICE!! DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANYTHING PHYSICAL ....
    A friend of mine had it done and didn't follow advice, he did some house work because he felt fine at the time.
    Regrets LOL, he said he should have listened. However his surgery went quite fine.
    Another friend had it done and it went fine for him except for the expected tenderness post surgery.

16. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Thank you all!

17. loves2ride

Verified Gold Member

Confirms the Stats that a Woman has a much higher Tolerance for pain than Men :D:p

If Men had to bear the children, we wouldn't have such a high population rate :D;)

18. diehard

Gold Member

Cant deny if I had to birth kids, I would be childless

19. Joys

Verified Gold Member

I had vasectomy after our 2nd kid - about 7 years ago. No pain or complication at all. As htoad said, doctor advised to ejaculate frequently and use condoms for several months (which I did not), to ensure the sperm was out of my system and also to wear tight underwear for that time. As to sex drive , erection , size of load.....ect, no change at all related to vasectomy, whatever about my sex drive now is related to other factors

Doitagain likes this.
  20. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

Awesome. I have decided to go ahead with it. I will start the first step conciliation this week...maybe next due to the holiday out here.

boobjob likes this.