Vasectomy: how many ejaculations to get the tadpoles out?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by BassDude, Jul 9, 2007.

1. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I'm 40, married with one kid, and that's all I want. Wife feels the same way (although she could be convinced to have a 2nd one I'm sure). She nagged me until I got a vasectomy (actually, I wanted it too...it's safer for me than for her). I'm really looking forward to not having to fuss with condom's and all the freedom that comes with that.

I had the procedure on June 1st, and I go back to the urologist for the "yank test" on Sept 2. I bring them a warm sample and they'll test it for sperm. So, that's three months, which seemed like a long time to me. But, the urologist said that sometimes the vas deferens will try to re-attach themselves, and if it's going to happen, it will likely have happened by 90 days or so, thus the 3 month wait. Plus, he said they really prefer to see all the sperm actually gone from the seminal fluid, not just all dead.

So, here's my question: in order to insure that I pass my yank test on Sept 2, how many times do I really need to ejaculate before then? I'm hoping is in the range of "a lot", but more specific...:D Once per day? 2-3 times per week? Anyone know a good answer?

TIA,
    BassDude

2. spammer.vip

spammer.vip New Member

i think 2-3 times per week ;)

3. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

There are millions of those little suckers swimming around in there, and I think you've got to do it once for each of them.

Is that what you wanted to read?

Honestly, I don't believe it takes that many times. I'm thinking my doctor told me 10 or 20 at the most.

4. igor

Gold Member

I am guessing that it's not the number of times you do it but just need that long a time for things to heal properly. Best thing is to ask the doc.

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

A dozen from what I remember of ten years ago, but my doctor told me at the time. As soon as the number was up, I took the sample to the GP. It wasn't a time thing, after so many times of sex we got a sample tested. I think we got the dozen in about three or four weeks.

The follow up was amusing, I went to see the GP to get my results and he looked very startled, not realising it was a post-vasectomy test. He was concerned that my fertility was beyond low, it was non-existant!

6. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke New Member

MY brother in law had this done this spring. Doctor told him 20 times to ensure he is cleaned out.