Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thorn, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Thorn

Gold Member

What are you planing for Valentine's Day?

2. cook74

Gold Member

Working a fourteen hour shift :eek (We will have our special day earlier)

But it is all good as the following day I go on a Buck's weekend with the boys. 3 days and 2 nights on the river in a house boat :woohoo

3. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Just buy flowers for the Misses
    and work.

Hiker

4. Thorn

Gold Member

I'm thinking about me cooking an international dinner. Something we have never had before. Candle light, wine, and all that stuff.

5. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Sadly, my hubby will be away that week, but when he gets home Friday night mama is springing into action! Our new hot tub will be operational by then, so there will be no stopping us.! I will be making a special dinner for myself and my daughter, complete with candles and a plastic wine glass for her milk. She likes "romantic" dinners with the family~!!!!!

6. Dreama

Gold Member

A great, tasty vegan dinner in, (at least for me), and something special of his choosing for him, because he's not vegan. I'm sure he'd love a nice steak dinner, or something like that. :) Just a good evening together.

7. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about being away next week...but Friday sounds awefully good, and I'll be looking forward to that! And yes, our 5 yr old daughter often requests candles at dinner...we must be teaching her something right I guess, eh?

BD

8. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My Hitachi will be here by then so we will probably be having delicious phone sex on Valentine's Day. BD, Don't forget to take your vibe.....:brow

9. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Oooo...'kay. I'm sure one of my co-workers will try to drag me to the "ballet" sometime that week...should I call you from there on the cel-phone? :brow

BD

10. Halogen

Halogen New Member

I actually prefer not to observe Valentine's Day!

(but in case you're wondering what my plans are anyway, I'm working, then I'm off to Chicago to see the Spice Girls! :D :D)

11. loveit247

Gold Member

Romantic evening at home. He is cooking for me. I am actually looking forward to it. Candles, wine, some under the covers fun.

12. Pride

Pride New Member

I wish i knew. I would like to get my girl something nice....a nice box of chocolates...no some cheap shit...though of course not 50 dollars worth in candy...but i know she LOVES chocolate.

And id like to get her a nice necklace or something but not nothing more than 120 really so a cheap but nice one...

Just i dont know what to get still like i dont want to pick something out and you know w/e...and also im doubting ill be able to afford it at the moment...im kind of strapped.

13. ccjcool

ccjcool New Member

I know theres some sites out there that offer a penis shaped chocolate...oh wait...you want something nice. Well...nice is a relative term, right! hehe. in all seriousness though, Godiva Chocolates is really good chocolate, but on the expensive side. Also, I dont know if there is one by you or not, but I've known many women who actually prefer See's Chocolates, and they are much cheaper. www.godiva.com and www.sees.com respectively...oh yah...and the chocolate penis... http://chocolatefantasies.com/eroticmen.htm lol!

14. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'll buy him a nice card, but other than that probably not much. We're both broke after shelling out a couple thousand dollars for plane tickets for our upcoming trip to the US in June.

15. Thorn

Gold Member

Well it's great you both will get over here. Is it his first time in the US?

16. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Jewelry (even inexpensive stuff) is always a good choice, as you don't have to worry about size, and a woman always feels like a Princess when it is given as a gift! I'd suggest forgoing the huge box of chocolates - perhaps a regular sized heart-shaped box, and use the extra $$$ on the necklace. Very romantic in my book! :)

17. heelfetish

Gold Member

With the way things are going, I'll probably be spending V-day in the hospital. *HF cries*

18. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Its a bummer missing V day, but Im more concerned to hear you'll be spending it in the hospital Heely.....:uhh:
    Hope all goes well for you my friend...:)

19. cook74

Gold Member

Opals are a lovely yet relatively inexpensive stone. A thin sterling silver necklace with an opal pendant could retail for anything between $50 and over down here (depending on the size of the stone) but seeing as we mine it you might have to fork out $80 for a nice pendant :shrug, if that. There are many semi-precious stones that you can look into going on what colors your GF likes to wear, and they wont set you back a fortune. Even look into what birth stone suits your GF for extra brownie points.

20. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

A lot of drinking ... and death metal. All hail Singles Awareness Day!