Vaginismus

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sexynzgirl, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

Hi my doctor told me recently that I have vaginismus I don't know much about it, do any other women in this forum experience it?

2. astridaku

astridaku New Member

Vaginismus is an involuntary spasm of the muscles surrounding the vagina that closes the vagina. This condition causes penetration to be difficult and painful, or even impossible.

Vaginismus is considered a sexual dysfunction. It is a complex condition with several possible causes that may result from past sexual trauma or abuse, other psychological factors, or a history of discomfort with sexual intercourse. Sometimes no cause can be determined.

Vaginismus is an uncommon condition, occurring in less than 2% of women in the US.

Women with varying degrees of vaginismus often develop anxiety regarding coitus and penetration, and intercourse is usually painful. However, this does not mean that they cannot achieve or sustain sexual arousal. Many are very sexually responsive and may have orgasms through clitoral stimulation. Women with vaginismus may seek sexual contact and sexual play as long as vaginal penetration is avoided.

3. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

I'm not a woman so I can't help much more then this.

Google search, has some treatment links, etc: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vaginismus

But, if you really want all the questions answered, I would go back to your doctor and talk to her/him about it.

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

A thought occured to me... you are on medication for OCBD, are you not? I was just wondering if your meds could be causing or aggrevating the problem. If you are seeing a Gynocologist for your vaginismus, and another doctor for your OCBD, make sure each knows the other's diagnosis & meds prescribed.

5. Mystic

Mystic New Member

Copywriting is bad mkay? It's also illegal.

6. nitroboy

nitroboy New Member

Never heard of it before, but it seems there are some effective treatments.

http://www.vaginismus.com seems to contain some useful information.

7. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.